Visa For Burma

I've been in Burma but crossing in Mae Sot only for the day.

I don't know where you go there but this is the information that I know.

Check if the frontier is open, You only need your passport, go directly to the immigration office in the bridge, you must pay 500 bath (maybe 300 bath not clear) they keep your passport in the office. the border closes at 18:00 but better be there 16:00 it's very busy and annoying in the afternoon

The people there speak not english or bad english.

In the Bridge you can get some day trip tour around Burma per day around 700 800 bath

Motorcicle Taxi in Burma is around 100 bath per hour

Nice Temples, Markets and people around.

You can buy everything in Bath but close to the bridge (Myanmar side) you can change in the street

Currently foreigners may only enter on foot, are not allowed to travel further overland into Myanmar from Myawaddy, and are not permitted to stay in Myawaddy overnight, hence they must head back to Mae Sot before the border closes at 18:00.

Despite these restrictions, the Myawaddy - Mae Sot border crossing is a moderately popular destination for tourists and expats in Thailand who want to make a "visa run" (i.e. get a new Thai entry permit stamp by making a short visit to another country).

The time in Myawaddy is 30 minutes earlier than in Mae Sot, and the traffic (mostly) drives on the right.

more info: http://wikitravel.org/en/Myawaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Visa on Arrival is currently only available for business travellers, ie those who have supporting documents for employment in Myanmar, or business visitors, ie those who have supporting documents for business meetings/conferences in Myanmar

Simon