How Did You Meet Your Wife / Girlfriend

DonW

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to share my experience on this. I wonder if anyone has similar. I arrived here 10 years ago and met my 1st GF after 6 months here. She was walking back from a free lancer disco in which she was refused entry as she was 18 with no ID to enter. We had a good time so I asked her to move in. I paid her a monthly salary which was around 500 baht per day. It was quite a windfall for her to have that salary plus room and board. She was from Issan and could fake the good girl bit for a while before cracks appeared. I knew this was not someone for marriage so I kept my distance on that issue and simply had her around for fun and companionship. I wonder how many of us marry this kind of girl. fast forward 6 years after a 30% salary cut I finally caught her cheating with a Thai Issan childhood friend. I didn't kick her out but put enough pressure that she moved out. Bingo she was back on the street selling her wares and then in a bar doing same.

Well I was devastated as I had her around so long. I tried social websites and met 4 or 5 girls for very short coffees or whatever. nothing even close happened with any of them. I was convinced it was a waste of time and bagged the whole idea. There was one girl I had not met however but who I had talked to shortly after Miss Issan moved out. I had spoken with her over that 1st month alone but 2 months had passed since my last MSN chat with her. I had tried to meet her twice but she refused both times so I wrote her off. She was same age as Miss Issan but was a college grad and a good non Issan girl. I'm not saying all Issan girls are bad mind you. So after I had given up the social sites and chatting I happened to have MSN open one day and she messaged me. She said she could meet that night if I wanted. I was pretty much done with meeting people but I decided to give it one final shot. We met, I asked her to move in a month later and asked her to marry a month after that. 6 months after meeting we were married at the amphur. Never had the formal ceremony. She's a knockout to say the least and incredibly smart. It was unexpected and just happened. I never thought I'd marry again or especially here in Thailand. It's 4 years on now

• Like 2