How Did You Meet Your Wife / Girlfriend

DonW

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many men here meet g/f /wife at bar, i really don't understand how you can call a prostitute your g/f / wife because she is up for sale to anybody who has money for pay short time,,, can any one tell the truth to your family that your new wife, g/f is a prostitute and i was customer number 4 that night?

So how many ladies have you had your way with for no payment ?

Did all these ladies you fooled with tell their future hubby and family what you//they got up too.?

Perhaps you think working girls have a previous employment tattoo on their butt. rolleyes.gif

The truth is that many men living in Thailand and posting on this thread have never known a woman who wasn't a prostitute, hence all this crazy talk of buying women houses, etc.

I am currently dating a normal Thai girl. She is a lawyer and her family are independently wealthy. It's going on 2 months now and there has been no sexual contact. (I am in my late 20's, she in her early 20's).

There has also been absolutely no talk of money or any sort of thing. Whenever we go out to eat or to the movies I of course pay, but she does not like this, generally resulting in her buying me some small gift, I guess her way of keeping everything balanced.

If I was to buy her something that cost more than a couple of hundred dollars she would be embarrassed by this. In the "Thailand" away from the prostitutes and scammers, a gift is generally returned by one of equal value or meaning.

Of the girls I know here and associate with, none would ever allow a man to buy a house and put in in their name. This idea that is commonly talked about on TV is just ridiculous.

If your wife or GF asks you to buy a house in her name or is eager for you to do this, then alarm bells should be ringing in your head. I say this because it is the opposite of what I know Thai women to be like.

I also do not think it is a good idea for either party if the woman is wholly dependent on the man financially, at least initially.

Some here may have married the "poor village girl" and had a successful relationship, but for the most part I beleive that this is not the "best" way to go.

It's not a question of Thai people being bad (before anyone accuses myself of Thai bashing). It's more of a case that poor people in any country will do what they have to do to not be poor. If that means fleecing some old farang for his house and assets regardless of how nice and kind he is, then that's what will probably happen.

Some other posters have said that they have no problem with "gifting" their wife and her poor family with a house in the case of separation. That's fine if you realize that this is the likely outcome.

I wouldn't buy anything in this country that I was not willing to lose.

Edited by nietzche
  • Like 2

many men here meet g/f /wife at bar, i really don't understand how you can call a prostitute your g/f / wife because she is up for sale to anybody who has money for pay short time,,, can any one tell the truth to your family that your new wife, g/f is a prostitute and i was customer number 4 that night?

Did all these ladies you fooled with tell their future hubby and family what you//they got up too.?

Perhaps you think working girls have a previous employment tattoo on their butt. rolleyes.gif

The truth is that many men living in Thailand and posting on this thread have never known a woman who wasn't a prostitute, hence all this crazy talk of buying women houses, etc.

I am currently dating a normal Thai girl. She is a lawyer and her family are independently wealthy. It's going on 2 months now and there has been no sexual contact. (I am in my late 20's, she in her early 20's).

There has also been absolutely no talk of money or any sort of thing. Whenever we go out to eat or to the movies I of course pay, but she does not like this, generally resulting in her buying me some small gift, I guess her way of keeping everything balanced.

If I was to buy her something that cost more than a couple of hundred dollars she would be embarrassed by this. In the "Thailand" away from the prostitutes and scammers, a gift is generally returned by one of equal value or meaning.

Of the girls I know here and associate with, none would ever allow a man to buy a house and put in in their name. This idea that is commonly talked about on TV is just ridiculous.

If your wife or GF asks you to buy a house in her name or is eager for you to do this, then alarm bells should be ringing in your head. I say this because it is the opposite of what I know Thai women to be like.

I also do not think it is a good idea for either party if the woman is wholly dependent on the man financially, at least initially.

Some here may have married the "poor village girl" and had a successful relationship, but for the most part I beleive that this is not the "best" way to go.

It's not a question of Thai people being bad (before anyone accuses myself of Thai bashing). It's more of a case that poor people in any country will do what they have to do to not be poor. If that means fleecing some old farang for his house and assets regardless of how nice and kind he is, then that's what will probably happen.

Some other posters have said that they have no problem with "gifting" their wife and her poor family with a house in the case of separation. That's fine if you realize that this is the likely outcome.

You must be green these are pro's that are on the long term blag. Wake up and stop living in lah lah land thinking your Tom Cruise.

• Like 1

That you even need to ask such a ridiculous question speaks volumes about your character....

So then, how many ladies have you paid to have sex with? You are right that prostitutes dont have a previous employment tattoo on thier asses,though in your case it sounds like that could come in handy. There are many, many men in Thailand that dont have to pay for sex. Yes, thats right there are women out there, even in Thailand that like to have sex just becuase it feels good and they are actually attracted to the other person!!!!! Oh, you may need to go on a couple of dates and even buy them dinner THE SLUTS!!! ?Thats right, just like in America, England or even Germany a woman likes to be taken out and shown a good time...that may involve you footing the bill, and it may not. I have had to pay , had situations where its split 50/50 and been taken out and paid for by the woman...you see its not all black and white. Not all women are the same, not all women are out to take you for a ride ( well at least not in the way you are probably thinking)

Hey, dont get me wrong having the option to pay for sex when needed is a good one. Just dont get the normal process of meeting people of the opposite sex mixed up with what happens in a go go bar. A lot of men in Thailand lose perspective. And yes there are working girls in night clubs and other places to...infact you can meet them at Lotus. If you dont have a decent enough bullshit detector to spot a working girl then i pity you. Must mean you get the normal process of meeting women mixed up with the transaction required to buy a working girls time. Like the guys you see walking around Sukhumvit holding their short time girlfriends hand as if its....what? I have no freaking clue, but are they not aware of how ridiculous it looks?

Heres to all the blokes out there that have a good Thai woman in their lives. Dont let all the negative rants on this and other such forums get to you.

It is obvious you don't understand my point aimed at another sad.png .

PS. Never paid a lady for sex, never been in a girly bar. smile.png As for rants, this is a chat venue, a rant now and again is cool, after all it's only written words. thumbsup.gif

You must be green these are pro's that are on the long term blag. Wake up and stop living in lah lah land thinking your Tom Cruise.

I guess you are one of those sad people who think every Thai woman is a prostitute up for sale?

I am not Tom Cruise, but I a have a good social circle of friends my age (Thai and Western). All educated, all with good backgrounds.

We go out to eat, go to movies, go on trips together.

My life is very similar to my life back home.

Why is this such a difficult thing to comprehend?

deluded expats with wives that were magically found at just about anywhere other then a bar

Just because you cant manage to find a woman away from the bar doesnt mean you can to tar all with your brush. We aint all losers you know.

Heres a tip, no magic involved:

Grow a brain at the other end of your body, learn some Thai, get out of the barscene/ tourist traps and give it a go chatting up normal women. But perhaps thats all a bit too hard...Nah, your better off sticking with the beer chang, krong thip ciggies and your semi literate part time willie warmer.

• Like 2

I guess you are one of those sad people who think every Thai woman is a prostitute up for sale?

I am not Tom Cruise, but I a have a good social circle of friends my age (Thai and Western). All educated, all with good backgrounds.

Birthdays are different. I went out last night with 6 women. It was the birthday of one of them. I offered to pay but they would not hear of it. Here the person who has the birthday pays.

Even the dregs that work without a WP here can impress the locals with their bs backgrounds, it don't take much pal get over yourself.

Even the dregs that work without a WP here can impress the locals with their bs backgrounds, it don't take much pal get over yourself.

Lot of name calling. Dregs and BS backgrounds. You must be a real VIP. Have you ever been to Thailand?

rolleyes.gif

I've been out of circulation for over a decade, but I still remember second or third date having been the deadline for some action back in west. Unless you've got only one date in that 2 months, time to make the moves already. Time doesn't improve anything, especially if you happen to find out she's frigid.

I've been out of circulation for over a decade, but I still remember second or third date having been the deadline for some action back in west. Unless you've got only one date in that 2 months, time to make the moves already. Time doesn't improve anything, especially if you happen to find out she's frigid.

Some of us don't care what happened in the West. Me for one. I don't give a flying F how you did things in the West. This ain't the West and my dog's name ain't Toto and I ain't wearing no red shoes.laugh.png

My wife's sister is married to an old friend in Australia - which is how we got introduced.

At least a family introduction gives me a good idea of her history. It didn't tell her much about me, but I managed to get her a visitors visa to come to Canada to meet my young son and my mother visiting from UK at the time.

She was pleased to note that I neither hit or swore at either of them while she was with us. So I passed her test and she passed mine. A good start.

We have 30 rai in my Thai wifes name - how could it be otherwise?

We will build on it soon and the house will be in my name with a Usafruct to allow me the use of it until I die. Other buildings on the land will go in her name so if need be we could both continue to live there.

But - my savings, investments, pensions, etc stay in my name invested outside Thailand.

If it all went to <deleted> and we split up - (and after 7 years married I feel that is extremely unlikely), I could move on and live quite happily elsewhere.

As for the original post - no, never marry anyone you don't trust. That would be like sticking your neck in the hangman's noose and then hoping he gets bored and goes home for the day.

• Like 1

True. Back in the U.S. usually after the 2nd or 3rd date somethings got to happen.

Her parents are Chinese (Thai born) and from what I know from her and her friends is that she had a pretty strict upbringing. From the way she talks and acts I don't doubt she's never had a boyfriend before.

I'm in no rush right now as I'm kind of enjoying just hanging out and taking things slow. I know for 100% that if I want I can take it to that next level, but that in itself has all kinds of serious connotations.

I know that if I was to make the relationship physical then I would be expected to lay the path for marriage, meet the parents, etc. Not ready for that right now. Also would not want to get it on with her knowing that she would expect all of the above. Not a very nice thing to do to a girl.

Even back in the U.S. as soon as you sleep with a girl everything becomes serious. Better not to cross that line until necessary.

I'm in no rush to do anything anyway.

• Like 1

It seems to me that there's a lot of double standards here. In the West, in case of a divorce, the wife get's 50%. So assuming the house is Gbp 200,000, the wife gets Gbp 100,000. Fair, right?

Here in Thailand, a house will ONLY cost you what, Gbp 30,000? And some of you guys, want all the advantages and conveniences of having a wife and yet not willing to let her have this miserly Gbp 30,000 in case you get divorced? Seems very unfair on the Thai lady, if you ask me.

I take it you have never got a divorce in the West?

Did, in the UK. (Ex) wife received 50% of assets

No children then.

Note to poster

Female lawyer from wealthy family is not a normal girl in Thailand.

Farmers daughter from poor family is normal.

Some guys definitions ............. = strange!

Her parents are Chinese (Thai born) and from what I know from her and her friends is that she had a pretty strict upbringing. From the way she talks and acts I don't doubt she's never had a boyfriend before.

Ohhhhhh, Now I see, wealthy, Chinese, Hi-so virgin giggle.gif ........

Funny how so many TV posters meet/marry/date this sort of girl and nobody meet/marry/date Issan hookers. (If I may suggest I think the virgin claim was a boast too far)

PS

I'm an ex-SAS Special Forces retired Dot Com billionaire.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Note to poster

Ohhhhhh, Now I see, wealthy, Chinese, Hi-so virgin ........

Funny how so many TV posters meet/marry/date this sort of girl and nobody meet/marry/date Issan hookers.

PS

Plenty do Tommo. The difference is they are of similar age and have a better seduction technique than your " What's your age and weight" ?

Note to poster

Funny how so many TV posters meet/marry/date this sort of girl and nobody meet/marry/date Issan hookers. (If I may suggest I think the virgin claim was a boast too far)

PS

You always post the same rubbish in response when someone else has identified they are with a respectable or well-to-do lady.

Is it really hard for you to comprehend that for some dating a lady from a respectable socio-economic background in Thailand is the norm?

• Like 2

I think the standard combo is to get the Sino-Thai General's daughter for wife and then have the fun on the side in the form of daughters of Isaan, one or more. Makes sense and seems to work for quite a few, although they're usually Thai. The guy who sold my wife the house had four mia noi's and a Thai-Chinese wife, poor bugger did look a bit strained.

Plenty do Tommo. The difference is they are of similar age and have a better seduction technique than your " What's your age and weight" ?

Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well?

The tooth fairy no, but maybe you should get yourself out of the backend of nowhere and see what farang-Thai couples are like in Bangkok and the eastern seaboard.

You always post the same rubbish in response when someone else has identified they are with a respectable or well-to-do lady.

Is it really hard for you to comprehend that for some dating a lady from a respectable socio-economic background in Thailand is the norm?

Only the young guys claiming wealthy Chinese, hi-so, virgins.

Their parents wouldn't even let them talk to a foreign white guy ....... immediate dis-inheritance.

Maybe Bill Gates would be acceptable as a son-in-law ........ but not a pot-less TEFL teacher.

(which are the usual suspects claiming these relationships ........ er-hm Stickman)

I know many guys happily married to middle class Thai ladies, government workers, nurses, teachers, etc. But Jeez, Wealthy Thai-Chinese parents are the most conservative control freaks in the world who generally rule and micro-manage every aspect of their children's lives, and white foreigners are not welcome as potential spouses.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Note to poster

PS

Tommo, you always post the same negative rubbish.

I do not run around trying to have sex with everything I see (is this surprising to you?)

I have dated only a few girls since I have been here (1 year). All were met through mutual friends.

I like hanging out with girls my own age (20's) and going to movies, to eat, etc.

I am here for a limited time and want to get the most out of my stay (meet new friends, etc.)

I have Thai friends from university back in the U.S. who introduced me to their friends over here.

For all intents and purposes, I am living the life of a normal 20 something guy.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

• Like 1

Their parents wouldn't even let them talk to a foreign white guy ....... immediate dis-inheritance.

Maybe Bill Gates would be acceptable as a son-in-law ........ but not a pot-less TEFL teacher.

(which are the usual suspects claiming these relationships ........ er-hm Stickman)

First of all I think most posters on here have a much lower opinion of what hi-so is compared to what Thais do. Mixing up middle class or upper working class with Hi-so and that all Thai Chinese are rich and not just running small businesses. As well as many Thais who would love people to believe they are Hi-so when they are very far from it.

Plenty of Hi-So do mix with farangs though, the not even talking to farangs is just not correct.

And you really do need to start to understand not every young farang here is a TEFL student. Although some married to well off Thais are as they don't need to make money as the wife/wifes family does. Just work at something they like doing.

This is where I tend to criticise your judgement.

Pretty much all the guys I know are married to ladies from wealth backgrounds, who themselves have good jobs (To list the Jobs my friends Wives or Girlfriends have: Lawyer, Gemologist, Engineer, Flight Attendant, Accountant, Architect, running family business)....

Some, as you say are married to ladies who's are Thai-Chinese, they are well educated with PhD or Masters, or in a couple of cases just a degree, some have attended overseas Universities others the best Thai Universities (i.e. Chula, Thammarsat, Rangsit, Bangkok Uni).

One friends wedding involved 1000 guests, politicians (including the Dept. prime minister).

All friends are of similar age to their Wifes or GF, they are in a similar socio-economic and educational bracket, they are well respected by and get along well with their in-laws, they themselves are educated professionals...

They see this as very normal. They see marrying or dating an ex-bar girl as undesirable, while not openly judging these types of lady they are simply not in an environment where their paths cross on a daily basis.

So, for quite a few guys I know, this ridiculed idea of yours that marrying or dating educated and wealthy ladies, in many cases Thai Chinese, is quite normal. It is for me and seeing the criticism of the'Thai Chinese' comment in such a manner is daft.

Because its not your life, it really doesn't mean is isn't someone else's.

Edited by richard_smith237

In answer to your previous post Mr. normal 20yo.

1. I usually post quit positive things about Thailand.

2. I have only had sex dated/married one Thai lady in my life, my wife

(yep, your multiple partners, you got me beat on that one).

3. English language movies?

4. Normal life ...... not if you are mixing with wealthy Thai-Chinese lawyers.

Edited by TommoPhysicist