How Did You Meet Your Wife / Girlfriend

DonW

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was visiting friends in thailand, my wife was introduced to me and we were friends only for several years.

we later got together, got married had children.

how romantic bought a tear to my eye

Yeah..... the glass one

I met my wife on line and was careful to find a good girl...college education and either teacher or nurse are usually good. Horror stories abound on bar girls or city girls. Of course there are exceptions to these. I came here and we made some promises and were engaged for over a year. I took her to the US (Alaska) on a fiance' Visa and married her there. Thailand to 50 below and 8 months of snow not a problem as long as she was with her husband. Seven years later we have a 6 year old daughter and I am retired here in NE Thailand..in the country. Does not matter what you do because even if joint owned your wife owns 51% and you 49%...with a divorce she gets it all. With the cost of housing here is cheaper than the same procedure in most other countries where the wife gets the house anyway. If you do not trust her...do not marry her until you do. My wife of seven years is welcome to the house here if we part our ways. She has seen me through Cancer, Chemo, Radiation, and good old PTSD. I think same is true here as anywhere...usually country girls and educated girls are safer...an opinion some will not agree with who are happy with a big city ex stripper or something.

• Like 2

Just one more observation

There appears to be some sort of idea that variety of women, be it 'higher class' 'non barmaid' 'educated women' 'Issan women' all carry differing values

Well if a man behaves like a plonker, any one of these varieties will take him for as much as they can then piss him off...and he probably deserved it...so look to yourselves once in a while and consider that not all farang men make the effort to deserve a life long loving partner.......it is not all about the clash of culture from the farang point of view

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 2

there are as many men out there mistreating the woman, as there are woman mistreating and robbing the man.

many are deserving of each other 473geo, still woman should not set out with the goal of taking from the start.

I think i'm yet to here people talk about being with people for love on here, not saying of coarse that no one is.

I was visiting friends in thailand, my wife was introduced to me and we were friends only for several years.

there are as many men out there mistreating the woman, as there are woman mistreating and robbing the man.

many are deserving of each other 473geo, still woman should not set out with the goal of taking from the start.

I think i'm yet to here people talk about being with people for love on here, not saying of coarse that no one is.

Including yourself, if one is to believe your story....." we got together, got married had children"

How romantic and overflowing with the love you were saying was absent from others' posts.....coffee1.gif

Edited by Rob8891

Personally, I met my wife in London where she worked in a Thai restaurant.

Admittedly she was into her 2nd year of her 6 month visit visa but I knew a frenchwoman, married to a Swede, who'd overstayed in Sweden (before Sweden joined the EU), so didn't think of the overstay as a serious problem.

As for the house in her name - we already had kids by the time we moved to Thailand so I had no qualms about having our house here in her name. Legally, it seemed a lot safer than the company route. But obviously in a country with normal laws (around foreign ownership of a house to live in), it would have been in both names. Admittedly, without kids, you've got the problem that if your wife died unexpectedly (i.e. in one of Thailand's many car accidents), the family gets half the property, which might have made me go a different direction.

P.S. Our house here cost the same as our house in London. (It's just a lot bigger).

Personally, I met my wife in London where she worked in a Thai restaurant.

Admittedly she was into her 2nd year of her 6 month visit visa but I knew a frenchwoman, married to a Swede, who'd overstayed in Sweden (before Sweden joined the EU), so didn't think of the overstay as a serious problem.

As for the house in her name - we already had kids by the time we moved to Thailand so I had no qualms about having our house here in her name. Legally, it seemed a lot safer than the company route. But obviously in a country with normal laws (around foreign ownership of a house to live in), it would have been in both names. Admittedly, without kids, you've got the problem that if your wife died unexpectedly (i.e. in one of Thailand's many car accidents), the family gets half the property, which might have made me go a different direction.

P.S. Our house here cost the same as our house in London. (It's just a lot bigger).

What did you live in, in London a Wendy House?

Including yourself, if one is to believe your story....." we got together, got married had children"

How romantic and overflowing with the love you were saying was absent from others' posts.....coffee1.gif

if one does not believe my story i'm sure I will still sleep tonight.

I have said enough about her on here in the past,

if one does not believe my story i'm sure I will still sleep tonight.

I have said enough about her on here in the past,

payak, you have said enough. Period.

It seems to me that there's a lot of double standards here. In the West, in case of a divorce, the wife get's 50%. So assuming the house is Gbp 200,000, the wife gets Gbp 100,000. Fair, right?

Here in Thailand, a house will ONLY cost you what, Gbp 30,000? And some of you guys, want all the advantages and conveniences of having a wife and yet not willing to let her have this miserly Gbp 30,000 in case you get divorced? Seems very unfair on the Thai lady, if you ask me.

I take it you have never got a divorce in the West?

Did, in the UK. (Ex) wife received 50% of assets

No children then.

Two daughters, one in college, one in private school. Ex wife and I split schooling 50/50

in an accident. she destroyed my rear and dent the subframe while i was riding. she was in the wrong and uninsured, so took a ride in her car searching for nearby motorshop. was a hard search for a subframe, so we agreed to look for metal workshop for repairs instead of a replacement another day and exchanged numbers. later on, some relationship developed when we were searching for workshops. started off having lunch while searching workshops then i ask her out for movies and eventually we went out together during loy krathong.

till date the bike never really got repairedwink.png

So your lady is actually a ladyboy who destroyed your rear. You couldn't walk after so took a drive in HER car biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.png:P

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Do you wonder why people don't like you?bah.gif

Nope. Never wondered that. I do wonder what happened to your sense of humor :blink:

sent from my ..................#

in an accident. she destroyed my rear and dent the subframe while i was riding. she was in the wrong and uninsured, so took a ride in her car searching for nearby motorshop. was a hard search for a subframe, so we agreed to look for metal workshop for repairs instead of a replacement another day and exchanged numbers. later on, some relationship developed when we were searching for workshops. started off having lunch while searching workshops then i ask her out for movies and eventually we went out together during loy krathong.

till date the bike never really got repairedwink.png

So your lady is actually a ladyboy who destroyed your rear. You couldn't walk after so took a drive in HER car biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Do you wonder why people don't like you?bah.gif

Nope. Never wondered that. I do wonder what happened to your sense of humor blink.png

sent from my ..................#

How many guys tell another his wife is a lady boy and call it humor? smile.png Where is that funny?smile.png Maybe a gay bar in CM?

many men here meet g/f /wife at bar, i really don't understand how you can call a prostitute your g/f / wife because she is up for sale to anybody who has money for pay short time,,, can any one tell the truth to your family that your new wife, g/f is a prostitute and i was customer number 4 that night?

So how many ladies have you had your way with for no payment ?

Did all these ladies you fooled with tell their future hubby and family what you//they got up too.?

Perhaps you think working girls have a previous employment tattoo on their butt. rolleyes.gif

The truth is that many men living in Thailand and posting on this thread have never known a woman who wasn't a prostitute, hence all this crazy talk of buying women houses, etc.

I am currently dating a normal Thai girl. She is a lawyer and her family are independently wealthy. It's going on 2 months now and there has been no sexual contact. (I am in my late 20's, she in her early 20's).

If I was to buy her something that cost more than a couple of hundred dollars she would be embarrassed by this. In the "Thailand" away from the prostitutes and scammers, a gift is generally returned by one of equal value or meaning.

I'm from the UK,and there if you din't try and get into a girls nickers within a short period of time, she would most likely get bored with you, maybe even think that there's something strange about you.When I was in my 20's that's all I thought about

( haven't changed ) but now only think about other females.

If you had said your G/f was a teacher/nurse/doctor/shop assistant/factory worker, then ok she might be a good honest

Thai girl, but you say she's a Thai lawyer, be careful,they are generally not honest, but full of Scams.

P.S My much younger Thai wife is not ex- b/g, we have two children in inter school,family never ask for money, even though they are poor, for her last birthday I bought her a

7,000 washing machine. Yes,I know I'm a generous, romantic fool.

• Like 1

It's time to calm down now boys. Any more flames or snide remarks will get their poster a 3 day holiday. Promise.

If you can't be civil be quiet.

Sorry, looks like I created a monster.

I hope you get a refund from the drama school....coffee1.gif

It's time to calm down now boys. Any more flames or snide remarks will get their poster a 3 day holiday. Promise.

If you can't be civil be quiet.

Sorry, looks like I created a monster.

I hope you get a refund from the drama school....coffee1.gif

Not a monster, but this thread may have turned into some kind of Pandora jewelry box. It is not Christmas yet, but enough thoughts and imaginations are present to come up with a theme to decorate my own life and the past and future lives of others.

Your experience in the US is different from mine. I find women in the US to be aggressive sexually - as much as men are and they will screw you

And that is sexually aggressive is it? Hell, I had visions of some overweight 'mrican sort with a strap on.

Whilst aged chaps marry slappers, there will always be some friction.

As far as I am concerned, whatever works. I bet for every 55+ farang married to some LBFM there are 55 other 55 year olds wishing they were him!

Have fun Gents, enjoy your life and screw anyone that doesn't agree with you. Life is no secure, could be gone tomorrow so its all about sanook.

Whilst aged chaps marry slappers, there will always be some friction.

As far as I am concerned, whatever works. I bet for every 55+ farang married to some LBFM there are 55 other 55 year olds wishing they were him!

Have fun Gents, enjoy your life and screw anyone that doesn't agree with you. Life is no secure, could be gone tomorrow so its all about sanook.

Might be fun to screw some who argree with you too.smile.png

I ordered mine over the Internet. She cost 20baht and came with a free maids outfit.

Seriously, what is the point of this thread? If this wasn't a Thailand based forum, would this kind of thread ever happen....say in an expat in Australia forum or wherever? Is the op just hoping for someone to say their wife is a slapped so he can get his rocks off?

• Like 1

I ordered mine over the Internet. She cost 20baht and came with a free maids outfit.

Seriously, what is the point of this thread? If this wasn't a Thailand based forum, would this kind of thread ever happen....say in an expat in Australia forum or wherever? Is the op just hoping for someone to say their wife is a slapped so he can get his rocks off?

Saw her the other day. We were going for a swim. Seriously this kind of thread would probably not happen in Australia. People actually do meet wives and girlfriends here in Thailand and sometimes they even get along.

post-73727-0-14565700-1349918194_thumb.j

+1

Got mine outta a cereal box. You know...one of those little

plastic packets with a small pill that looks like a tiny beer can

in it and the instruction sheet says add only 4 drops of water

and watch what happens.

I didn't have an eye dropper so I filled a pint glass with beer

figuring that's watery enough...took a gulp meself then started

to slowly pour out a drop...then sneezed and spilt the pint on

the tiny pill.....WOW! Darn thing grew into a 5' 5" university

educated supermodel cum TG stewardess....

Can't find that brand of cereal anymore...Hmmmmm.

Edited by sunshine51