How Did You Meet Your Wife / Girlfriend

DonW

met mine in lolita bangkok .After are encounter we havent spent a day apart.True love she dosent work there anymore.Great girl to have at home shes great at hoovering.

That's bad. There may be people that don't know Lolita's is an ** bar for people with little time or money. They may think you are talking about the award winning novel by about a 37 year old man's love affair with a 12 year old girl by Vladimir Nabokov (The movie starred James Mason and was directed by Stanley Kubrick).

When the book was first published 50 years ago, it was considered by some to be obscene, to others a masterpiece of fiction. Over the course of five decades, the "masterpiece" vote has won out, more or less — but even two generations later, there's still a lot of debate. Lolita the novel I don't think has anything to do with what you are writing about but not everyone may know this.

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

met mine in lolita bangkok .After are encounter we havent spent a day apart.True love she dosent work there anymore.Great girl to have at home shes great at hoovering.

That's bad. There may be people that don't know Lolita's is an ** bar for people with little time or money. They may think you are talking about the award winning novel by about a 37 year old man's love affair with a 12 year old girl by Vladimir Nabokov (The movie starred James Mason and was directed by Stanley Kubrick).

When the book was first published 50 years ago, it was considered by some to be obscene, to others a masterpiece of fiction. Over the course of five decades, the "masterpiece" vote has won out, more or less — but even two generations later, there's still a lot of debate. Lolita the novel I don't think has anything to do with what you are writing about but not everyone may know this.

clap2.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

4 years ago. The Players, Soi 14. Getting beaten about 20-0 at pool, while being told about how Jimmy White is a gayboy (apparently common knowledge among Thai pool/snooker bar waitresses where he has 'toured', seriously). Too much Chang, my perception of age and ability to detect lies obscured (turns out she's 10 years older than me! i'm sure there is irony in there somewhere blink.png)

Since then, she has managed to squeeze out a watermelon headed wain and we are in the process of moving to Isaan.

Needles to say: i don't know where i went wrong clap2.gif

4 years ago. The Players, Soi 14. Getting beaten about 20-0 at pool, while being told about how Jimmy White is a gayboy (apparently common knowledge among Thai pool/snooker bar waitresses where he has 'toured', seriously). Too much Chang, my perception of age and ability to detect lies obscured (turns out she's 10 years older than me! i'm sure there is irony in there somewhere blink.png)

Since then, she has managed to squeeze out a watermelon headed wain and we are in the process of moving to Isaan.

Needles to say: i don't know where i went wrong clap2.gif

Nae wurries therr pal. Isaan isnae a life sentence, it just feels like one.

• Like 1

OK, newbie here. You might find this interesting,a real time perspective.

Firstly, I have been in Thailand, mainly CM, for 3 months, volunteering. I am 52, and, yes, out of a busted relationship, but am not desperate, looking for love, or even a sex tourist. I've sampled the odd one,(full disclosure), but arrived originally with my daughter,which cooled my heels, made me do some research, and inspired me to actually get into the culture of the place, which I genuinely love.I am reasonably good looking, ESP for my age, and am in no way desperate. In fact, I am a little backwards in coming forward, so to speak. It's never been a problem back home in Oz. I have on occasion, been burnt, but no issues with western women,at this time have a fair bit of ""interest" from back home.

Here's the interesting situation:

I have met a girl, younger than me,very modest, happy and interested in me.

I have returned to visit her for a second time,and do a bit of the beach thing, before I return home for a brief time, in cold Tasmania.She seems to be very nice.I am not saying I want any more than friendship,but, it could be more. It's relaxed, no pressure.

Here's where I get flamed....I have read many books, forums, (these ones, especially) offering advice and warning signs, etc.

I am genuinely interested in your thoughts...and , yes, I do have a sense of humour!! So have at it..

She is: Working in Patong

In....wait for it...a massage place. She does foot massages,nails,cosmetic stuff.This checks out to be correct.She claims, it's not one of those establishments. So, I check, send in a mate on a short term stay, halfway up the stairs, he asks, and gets curtly shown the door! (No, they haven't met my friend, before) Then , I get the story about the ex husband, one child living away ,(yes, Isaan,),lives with her parents in Phuket City,she is a good girl, etc........all of which was confirmed by an American couple she has dinner with regularly.Her friends, one of which I am trying to teach some more English, have said things alluding to the same conclusion.No one is trying to over the top convince me,iam just listening, taking it all in. No mention of money,or me paying,I have shouted lunch and drinks,but, hell,it's been super cheap so far.I am more than happy to have her as a friend.I am not running down the street like Mary Tyler Moore throwing my arms in the air, saying, I'm in love. I'm not. That takes time with me,and I consider myself a skeptic and a thinking person.

I admit, I see potential,and am enjoying her company immensely.There has been physical contact,affectionate, sometimes passionate, but not sexual. Never over the top, or cliche (you sexy man!)

I suspect, she may have "worked" at some time in the past. I also think,I will never get the truth initially about that, but there you go. I return to Oz in a week, then back here for 3 months, not all spent here.

Not expecting black/white advice,but thought my perspective may interest you. FIRE AT WILL!!!

Firstly, I have been in Thailand, mainly CM, for 3 months, volunteering. I am 52, and, yes, out of a busted relationship, but am not desperate, looking for love, or even a sex tourist. I've sampled the odd one,(full disclosure), but arrived originally with my daughter,which cooled my heels, made me do some research, and inspired me to actually get into the culture of the place, which I genuinely love.I am reasonably good looking, ESP for my age, and am in no way desperate. In fact, I am a little backwards in coming forward, so to speak. It's never been a problem back home in Oz. I have on occasion, been burnt, but no issues with western women,at this time have a fair bit of ""interest" from back home.

I have returned to visit her for a second time,and do a bit of the beach thing, before I return home for a brief time, in cold Tasmania.She seems to be very nice.I am not saying I want any more than friendship,but, it could be more. It's relaxed, no pressure.

Here's where I get flamed....I have read many books, forums, (these ones, especially) offering advice and warning signs, etc.

I am genuinely interested in your thoughts...and , yes, I do have a sense of humour!! So have at it..

In....wait for it...a massage place. She does foot massages,nails,cosmetic stuff.This checks out to be correct.She claims, it's not one of those establishments. So, I check, send in a mate on a short term stay, halfway up the stairs, he asks, and gets curtly shown the door! (No, they haven't met my friend, before) Then , I get the story about the ex husband, one child living away ,(yes, Isaan,),lives with her parents in Phuket City,she is a good girl, etc........all of which was confirmed by an American couple she has dinner with regularly.Her friends, one of which I am trying to teach some more English, have said things alluding to the same conclusion.No one is trying to over the top convince me,iam just listening, taking it all in. No mention of money,or me paying,I have shouted lunch and drinks,but, hell,it's been super cheap so far.I am more than happy to have her as a friend.I am not running down the street like Mary Tyler Moore throwing my arms in the air, saying, I'm in love. I'm not. That takes time with me,and I consider myself a skeptic and a thinking person.

I admit, I see potential,and am enjoying her company immensely.There has been physical contact,affectionate, sometimes passionate, but not sexual. Never over the top, or cliche (you sexy man!)

I suspect, she may have "worked" at some time in the past. I also think,I will never get the truth initially about that, but there you go. I return to Oz in a week, then back here for 3 months, not all spent here.

Not expecting black/white advice,but thought my perspective may interest you. FIRE AT WILL!!!

A lot of info. but you forgot to tell us the age gap. You also say she may have "WORKED" (as what) ?

Met mine back in 1985. She worked for the now defunct Mines Organization. There's a nine year difference in our ages, me being the older. Both of us practicing Buddhist. Still going strong after 27 years. Moved back to Thailand permenantly a while back. Respect, humor and understanding have carried us through some very rough spots in life, but it's how you handle those that show your maturity.

Snorky53, I think you should start a new thread for this. It is worthy of one.

• Like 1

Everything is in my wife"s name , i trust her as she is my wife , my friend and my mistress. she is not young but so beautiful in my eyes . last year she wanted to start a 38 house village and I said OK . I put a post on here about it and was shot down about how I should not dont trust her . well we have sold houses in the village and soon they will all be sold . she turned my retirement money into a better retirement , so not all Thai women are bad there are so many good ones out there .She treats me with love and kindness as I do the same to her . She was a manger for AAT (ford and maza car company) when I met her and after 15 years in that job she gave up work 3 months ago.

• Like 1

How many people in your country would marry someone then buy a house and put it exclusively in her name?

I reckon the answer is most would not. Therefore, why would they do it in a foreign country?

And btw; met my wife where I work.

Thanks god our lass already has a house built 555

I am one of those old guys married to a 40' something younger Thai Women, Prior to coming to Thailand I learned as much as I could about the Thai Law. I knew I could never own land in Thailand, when I met my wife I dated her for 2 years prior to getting married. After we got married and she had 22 rai in the village we planned to build our house on her land, but the cost of putting electricity on the land, was far beyond what we hoped for. So we brought another rai in the village and built our house!

Number one I would never marry any women that I did not trust, one never knows if your relationship will last "until death do us part" I know my beautiful Thai wife did not wake up one morning and said I think I will fall in love with an old Farang man! I knew that she was looking for financial stability with someone she could live with and I was lucky enough to be that guy,

Best decision i ever made, I built her and my step-daughters a good house, in my step daughters name

If we ever part (God Forbid) I will walk away with a heavy heart and leave all to her, She has earned it, If something should happen to her (God Forbid again) I would not stay in Thailand I would go home and spend my final day with my children.

I could not repay her for all the happiness she has brought to my life!

Cheers:wai2.gif

• Like 2

Ah, OK, sorry for the stream of consciousness thing.....I do go on a bit. Age gap:18 years. And, I am a little

Uncomfortable about it.Saw her again tonight,had dinner,great fun.Bit of a walk,all peachy. Not getting swept up in it,at

All,just drinking in the moments.No mention of any big commitment, money,etc. I'd nearly say it will end up as a close friendship. As always, I could be wrong, but,without little Elvis calling all the shots, clarity is aplenty. How I view it if that changes....who knows.

I am one of those old guys married to a 40' something younger Thai Women, Prior to coming to Thailand I learned as much as I could about the Thai Law. I knew I could never own land in Thailand, when I met my wife I dated her for 2 years prior to getting married. After we got married and she had 22 rai in the village we planned to build our house on her land, but the cost of putting electricity on the land, was far beyond what we hoped for. So we brought another rai in the village and built our house!

Number one I would never marry any women that I did not trust, one never knows if your relationship will last "until death do us part" I know my beautiful Thai wife did not wake up one morning and said I think I will fall in love with an old Farang man! I knew that she was looking for financial stability with someone she could live with and I was lucky enough to be that guy,

Best decision i ever made, I built her and my step-daughters a good house, in my step daughters name

If we ever part (God Forbid) I will walk away with a heavy heart and leave all to her, She has earned it, If something should happen to her (God Forbid again) I would not stay in Thailand I would go home and spend my final day with my children.

Oh fer cryin' out loud.

• Like 2

she did not earn it,it already was hers from the start ,you own nothing she owns everything .

Are you by any chance the author of that silly book thailandfever.

I met my wife by introduction from a mutual friend. My friend knew me a longtime and said that my now wife and me would be a great match. Years later she was right. I am very happy and my wife APPEARS to be very happy.

My assets in Thailand are split. 70% are in a company in my name only. 30% are in her name.

Do i trust my wife?...................Yes

Do i think my wife would scam me?....................No

Do i expect to be with my wife forever? ..............Yes

Do i love my wife?...........................Yes

Have i get <deleted> tatooed on my forehead and victim on my arms? .......................No

I choose to risk a small amount that would not harm me if we finished and my wife walked away. It keeps our relationship balanced. My wife knows that she cannot control me financially if we split or she chose to find another guy, or she tired of me.

Why risk it all when i dont need to?

I have seen many guys who think their wife was DIFFERENT get proven wrong and lost it all. Not a pretty site.

I met my wife by introduction from a mutual friend. My friend knew me a longtime and said that my now wife and me would be a great match. Years later she was right. I am very happy and my wife APPEARS to be very happy.

My assets in Thailand are split. 70% are in a company in my name only. 30% are in her name.

Do i trust my wife?...................Yes

Do i think my wife would scam me?....................No

Do i expect to be with my wife forever? ..............Yes

Do i love my wife?...........................Yes

Have i get <deleted> tatooed on my forehead and victim on my arms? .......................No

I choose to risk a small amount that would not harm me if we finished and my wife walked away. It keeps our relationship balanced. My wife knows that she cannot control me financially if we split or she chose to find another guy, or she tired of me.

Why risk it all when i dont need to?

I have seen many guys who think their wife was DIFFERENT get proven wrong and lost it all. Not a pretty site.

do you have a company in thailand ?

My girl is the most fantasic person to ever enter my life....infuriating yet dazzling in equal measure.

Her smile lights up my life every day and I love her to bits. wub.png

Anyway.....this place hardly deserves such pleasurable honesty.

Back with the cynicism and arrogance in line with company policy please.

if you are lucky enough to get a good Thai lady then your life will be for the better. I am happy many members have this . And dont forget behind every good Thai wife there is an equal man behind her. happy for you smokie

• Like 1

well i met my partner 8yrs ago in a sleezy bar in Chiang Mai.

Immediately saw that she was an angel fish in a turd bowl, so yanked her out of it pronto..

now we're happier than ever & everything is in her name.

wai.gif

Only difference for me. It was in BKK.

Married 10 years , 7 year old son.

Life is just about as good as it needs to be.

And the only thing in my name is...actually nothing :)

Plenty of men in Thailand that shouldnt have trusted in their girlfriends/wives mainly because they were naive idiots that let their small head do the thinking. You wont hear many success stories on this forum as its a place for old farts to vent their spleen. If you are 50 and marry a 22 year old chances are the relationship is not built on anything more than a sad gullible old mans last stand, and a conniving little crumpets greed. In this case buying a house in the other halfs name would not be recommended...and yet you hear the same stories again and again. They will be on here soon enough, telling all and sundry that all Thai women are money grubbing whores, that you cant trust any of them...you read it on here all the time.

Anyway on a more positive note. There are decent women in any country( along with a smaller pool of bad ones with a steady supply of idiots to prey on). I trust my wife and her family as much as I would if she were born in my own country, its no different. I choose to associate with decent people, I have a good bullshit detector. If you are a naive that goes there to find love in a bar then you reap what you sow.

Men back in the US and UK lose their homes to their wives all the time also (or at least half).

It's a chance you take if you get married. At least in Thailand the most you will probably lose is your home. In the US you could lose half of everything (boat, car, investments, etc.). You could even be stuck paying alimony for the rest of your life.

Also remember in Thailand that if a woman has been married before she is perceived by Thai men as being used goods and it will be difficult for her to remarry.

My girl is the most fantasic person to ever enter my life....infuriating yet dazzling in equal measure.

Her smile lights up my life every day and I love her to bits. wub.png

Anyway.....this place hardly deserves such pleasurable honesty.

Back with the cynicism and arrogance in line with company policy please.

Sir, this topic is about "HOW DID YOU MEET", cant you read the heading. Please save all the slobbering for the "My thai lady is so wonderful " thread. eg. Bob from Newcastle, met his wife "Ning" on Beach Road, Pattaya.

• Like 2

What happens if you stick everything in your wife's name and you trust her more the anything in the world and have no other reason not to but then, over time, as the years go by, you drift apart she needs to go "find herself" and you end up hating each others guts?

Start a thread on TVF :)