Bbq In Ubon

MarcoH

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MATE'S

WHO are up to to korean beef in ubon next few weeks...

let us us know....

' i try to get all thais and farang same time.. lest have good time,,,

fome weekend and karaoke and food

-Marco-

MATE'S

let us us know....

-Marco-

Good initiative Marco ! I will be in Phibun for one week beginning around Feb 20th...

Hello guys

I will come up from NamYun and join U if possible.

Tell me when & where, and for you overnighters ........... where do you stay??

Regards

Trond

Depends on where the venue is. There is always a few cheaper hotels in and around Ubon. A mate of mine stays at the SriIssan and says that it is very good for the price. Can get some good rooms around for under 500 baht.

See you when and where

Carl

MATE'S

let us know....

OK guys

Friday nights or Saturday night?(generally) and would you bring Missus with you, so i can estimate growd :D

I was thinking ow by end of Week 6(Next weekend) or week 7?

Is it fit for ya'll?

-Marco- :o

MATE'S

let us know....

OK guys

Friday nights or Saturday night?(generally) and would you bring Missus with you, so i can estimate growd :D

I was thinking ow by end of Week 6(Next weekend) or week 7?

Is it fit for ya'll?

-Marco- :o

Hi Marco,

I would like to come along (with missus) and friday better than saturday for us.

By the way, I have stopped using week numbers since I showed up at a meeting in Netherlands a week early - we compared diaries and our two diaries used different week numbers :D So now I only use dates. For us Feb 20th to 24th (inclusive) are best...

Call me when you are in Singapore, we can met for a beer...

Mike

Edited by phibunmike

MATE'S

let us us know....

-Marco-

Mate's

i was asked if we could got meeting in 24th as there is few late commers who are arriving to Ubon just before that,, so we could get few extra mate's what ya'll think...

pls put some input,,,

MATE'S

let us us know....

-Marco-

Mate's

i was asked if we could got meeting in 24th as there is few late commers who are arriving to Ubon just before that,, so we could get few extra mate's what ya'll think...

pls put some input,,,

Ok, we're up for it.

Friday 24th is ok with me, misses ???????????

I'll ask my farang neigbours, and let U know if any are interested.

Please find a place with cold beer, and I mean cold without ice! :o

Please find a place with cold beer, and I mean cold without ice! :D

And also staggring distance from a hotel :o

Please find a place with cold beer, and I mean cold without ice! :D

And also staggring distance from a hotel :D

Bergen

you can sure of the beer thing,, i dont drink water(Ice) and beer sama time, im Chang man by my self

Sezzo

Hotel,,,,,,,mate there is no 500thb hotels near by on those beef places,,,only short time room,, are they ok?? :o

Currently im not able to go(Move) anywhere,, im i the bed, so i have to check how long it takes b4 im in to the feet again,, so have to wait and see,,,

1 place i have been consulting and few of you guys how has been here long know mental hospital and from there is side road to the ring road,, there is in the left hand side large korean beef place, i havent eat in there but all to whom i have been talking abt say that is one of the best,,,,but like always,, what might be the best for them or me, it might not taste good for you guys,, :D

But like i said, as soon im Moblie again i will continue juerney...

Bergen,, are you from Bergen?

i have 2 othe Norsk who might join as well.

they talk to me abt Bergeneese...... :D

-Marco-

Yes Marco I'm from Bergen - the main city in Norway (at least for us Bergeners!) :o

When in Ubon I usually stay at Nevada Grand(1000B), and prefer Singha :D

Same for me where we go as long as transport(tuktuk) is available.

Trond

MATE'S

let us us know....

Marco,

Wife and I usually come up from Chiayaphum every month for the VFW meetings but "may" miss the March meeting as we have a trip planned to Singapore already paid for that's eating up our March 2006 budget but will be in Udon again the 2nd Wed of April for another VFW meeting so could hook up for dinner the night B4.

What BBQ restaurant are you recommending and where is it compared to the Charoen which is where we stay.

Ken

I'm in for the 24th Marco - myself and the wife.

Don't want to change your plans but have you thought about the Korean Beef place next to BigC?

Easy to find and the best I know at the moment with draught Chang and Singha (cold!) live music and very big - late in February means the Thai's will have run out of money for the month so it should be fairly quiet!

I will phone you tomorrow.

Edited by thaibites0

MATE'S

let us us know....

Marco,

Wife and I usually come up from Chiayaphum every month for the VFW meetings but "may" miss the March meeting as we have a trip planned to Singapore already paid for that's eating up our March 2006 budget but will be in Udon again the 2nd Wed of April for another VFW meeting so could hook up for dinner the night B4.

What BBQ restaurant are you recommending and where is it compared to the Charoen which is where we stay.

Ken

Careful Ken, it's Ubon.... :o

Marco,

I have about 3 or 4 farang from Khemarat interested in coming. Not sure about partners yet but Im sure if its a decent sized place there shouldnt be a hassle with numbers.

Hotels not a problem. Just get some friendly Tuk Tuk driver to carry us home.

Get well,

Carl

Marco,

I have about 3 or 4 farang from Khemarat interested in coming. Not sure about partners yet but Im sure if its a decent sized place there shouldnt be a hassle with numbers.

Hotels not a problem. Just get some friendly Tuk Tuk driver to carry us home.

Get well,

Carl

it's one of the biggest and as you know Ubon is full of "Friendly" tuk tuk driver's

Im heading to town today and having a look and check the beer situation also,,,it's one of the bigger joint so should be enough,,,

and so far i have been contacted around 10-11 farang's,, so should be ok ammount.

if there would be any one else interested you can always pm\email or call me.

-Marco-

MATE'S

let us us know....

-Marco-

Mate's

pls put some input,,,

:o

Lad's

Ubon is funny place,,, I.E what was like last week or so in the place has moved,, so that Korean beef place what i was planing to get us together, has moved,, so today im heading to town checking something else :D

Also for those who are here all the time, last night we where eating in Grand Pa's place by the airport and was that good, took onion soup,Freedom(French) fries,BBQ rib's(Small set) and Tuna Salad and big bottle of Chang,, wife took Indian Curry, Saucage salad and rice of course,, all was 415Thb=10.65Usd(Todays Ex rate)

And the place,,,nice quet,, no loud music and nice place...

any one wanna go to Coffee today, im in town

call me,,

Btw, yesterday was good farang day in SK,, while i was walking tthere i counted 7 Farang in the one small coffee corner...

Oh yeah, those of you who might be in town and sa me,, im easy to regognice,, im having eary logo in my shirt(My working Logo), so if you see me and i dont see you,, come and knock my shoulder,,,

My logo say, ::: inside big flame,, FIRE FIGHTER'S FIRST, ALL OTHER'S KEEP BACK 200 FEET

-Marco-

There's a distinct probability that we (FG and I) will be meeting up with M*ndl on 24th February in Ubon. M*ndl has suggested that we could join you if that's OK.

Cheers

G'Day Jayram

hel_l yeah,, come one mate,, every one is invited, but just for restaurant i need to give estimate,, so now we talking almost 20(total) so far,,, wow we getting big,,,

and as was mentioned by Thaibites,, by the Big-c, but some how live music,,,cant hear anything what other talk, but let me check that or Thaibites,, is live music every night??????

i mean for 1st meeting for us,, would be nice to hear what every one talk abt,,,,

So far, i got people from FINLAND(1,maybe +2),Norway(3)UK(3-7),OZ(1+)Kiwi(1), Ger(2-4)

Have i missed some one....?

-Marco-

Might be one or three of us from the U.S. We will be arriving in Ubon on Tuesday, Feb 21st for about a week. We will try to make the BBQ on Friday nite if we can.

I'm confused, though. Which restaurant is it going to be held at?

mandl

Might be one or three of us from the U.S. We will be arriving in Ubon on Tuesday, Feb 21st for about a week. We will try to make the BBQ on Friday nite if we can.

I'm confused, though. Which restaurant is it going to be held at?

mandl

Mandl

Restaurant havent been set yet, i will try to get it done by end of this week, so every one have enough time to make they plan's.

-Marco-

OK, Marco. I will be leaving on Sunday and will not have access to a computer after that. Jayenram is going to meet me in Ubon, so hopefully he will know which restaurant it is in case I can't get back on-line by the time you decide. Hope to see you all there.

OK, Marco. I will be leaving on Sunday and will not have access to a computer after that. Jayenram is going to meet me in Ubon, so hopefully he will know which restaurant it is in case I can't get back on-line by the time you decide. Hope to see you all there.

Otherwise you can always pop into an internet cafe for 20 baht....

@ Marco and everyone reading really.

I am going to the big one near to BigC tonight (Wednesday) and will take some pics of the place to post.

There is no problems with numbers because the place will seat about 300 people and I will confirm that there is live music every night, we can sit at the back if we need to talk! - I will also take pics of the Soi from Chiangkul road so there should be no problem finding the place.

The beer servers are in fairly skimpy get-up but nothing the wives will tut at. Draught or bottled Singha and Chang (cold if you drink it quick - it's getting hot here!) and most beers cold bottled.

There's a 'short time' motel about 5 mins walk from the restaraunt that will do any overnighters but I'm not sure of the rate for the night - I can check if anybody needs me to, lots of mansions close-by that do overnight for B400 - 500.

The name of the place is 'AOD'.