Bbq In Ubon

MarcoH

Hello Marco

Asap or 21th or 22nd before 10? :D

Well I'm ready and will bring 1 German(Sigfried/Sigi), and 1 Aussie(Gerhart/Gerry).

We will come single, the wifes are busy!!?? :D

Well mine is running a guesthouse, and restaurant, + managing several workers.

She is also cooking really good farang food, - what about a homemade burger with chips and extras at your own choice. (Hehe sorry guys I got carried away nit noi :o)

We will arrrive in Ubon around 10 in the morning, and plan to stay at Nevada Grand.

We will fix transport to the BBQ, but would like to be carried back! :D

Maybe se some of you at Polar Bear - Sezzo - and others?

And Marco you probably thought of this already, what about bringing a list, where we all can wright: name - nationality - (age??) - Gf's name - location - phonenr - emailadress - etc?? -

and you post it on forum the day after(or 2 days :D - would be good help for us with short time memory. :D

I am looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trond

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Marco

Asap or 21th or 22nd before 10? :D

Well I'm ready and will bring 1 German(Sigfried/Sigi), and 1 Aussie(Gerhart/Gerry).

We will come single, the wifes are busy!!?? :D

Well mine is running a guesthouse, and restaurant, + managing several workers.

She is also cooking really good farang food, - what about a homemade burger with chips and extras at your own choice. (Hehe sorry guys I got carried away nit noi :o)

We will arrrive in Ubon around 10 in the morning, and plan to stay at Nevada Grand.

We will fix transport to the BBQ, but would like to be carried back! :D

Maybe se some of you at Polar Bear - Sezzo - and others?

[color=#CC0000]And Marco you probably thought of this already, what about bringing a list, where we all can wright: name - nationality - (age??) - Gf's name - location - phonenr - emailadress - etc?? -

and you post it on forum the day after(or 2 days :D - would be good help for us with short time memory. :D [/color]

I am looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trond

Trond

Just cheking how is Bergen boy reaction time,,,, LOL(ASAP)

good on you mate,,, and i bring some challenge for you, 2 Norwegian guys from Norway,, not from Bergen,,,,, :D

also, so funny that you mentioned what i higlight in above,, today i buy a nice FC-Ubon book where every one can write all the information what they like, like Guest book, including number's and e-mails, and those will be posted in ubon FC group page....

BTW lad's what you think about FC-Ubon Club House?? almost complete already.

we going to have plast , so far i haved total of 27(Before Trond's friend's)

I have to say that (Again) if every one turn up like it's look now,,, we going to have nice evening,,,

-Marco-

I have to say that (Again) if every one turn up like it's look now,,, we going to have nice evening,,,

-Marco-

Marco & All,

I really hope the get together turns out to be a great success and results in a traditional monthly (?) event.

I wish I could be there!

We plan on being in Ubon during the 2007 New Years celebration (Dec 2006 - Feb 2007.)

Marco, you are to be commended for getting this event started and your coordination efforts!

Honorable mention goes to several including Mike, Bergen, Sezzo, Troud, and others!

Regards to all!

ChiefBEM

-Marco-

Marco & All,

I really hope the get together turns out to be a great success and results in a traditional monthly (?) event.

I wish I could be there!

We plan on being in Ubon during the 2007 New Years celebration (Dec 2006 - Feb 2007.)

Marco, you are to be commended for getting this event started and your coordination efforts!

Honorable mention goes to several including Mike, Bergen, Sezzo, Troud, and others!

Regards to all!

ChiefBEM

:D What is the FC-Ubon Club House??

:o ChiefBEM

Marco,

Just a suggestion, but if we have name tags for the first event what would be good is to put down the TV names as well as our real names on it. hat way we can put faces to names we read about on this forum.

Just a thought.

Marco,

Just a suggestion, but if we have name tags for the first event what would be good is to put down the TV names as well as our real names on it. hat way we can put faces to names we read about on this forum.

Just a thought.

Sezzo

that is up to you, as i dont have that problem,, as i using my real name...LOL,, but i got sticker's already and there is enough if you like to stick your self's full(2) and put both in there,, i odnt think it looks more stupid than we already look...

for the Guys in tonw,, i'm there today again,, just incase you wanna hit the coffee join..

As your going to phone the owner tomorrow Marco, beef is not normally on the menu for the meat mixtures due to it's high cost and the fact that Thai's are quite happy to do without it but us Farangs would probably like the choice.

It would add about B20 to the B200 cost of a large dish of mixed meats that fed 5 of us on our 2 visits last week so it's not going to break the bank! Ask the owner if he would provide some top quality beef for the evening.

Another thought would be to request a dip that is half way between the very spicey one and the very sweet one.

As your going to phone the owner tomorrow Marco, beef is not normally on the menu for the meat mixtures due to it's high cost and the fact that Thai's are quite happy to do without it but us Farangs would probably like the choice.

It would add about B20 to the B200 cost of a large dish of mixed meats that fed 5 of us on our 2 visits last week so it's not going to break the bank! Ask the owner if he would provide some top quality beef for the evening.

Another thought would be to request a dip that is half way between the very spicey one and the very sweet one.

Thanx Thaibites

will check it out,,

just wondering that beef thing, as ALL korean beef what we have here in my area are serving beef, but not still chicken and here cost is 120 for large,, but like i said we are waaaaayyyy out of town 40Km,,,(17min, by my car :o )

BTW SK owner will donate 2 bottles of Whiskey for you guys who are drinking that stuff...

but will see you guys in there on Friday,,

-Marco-

Spoke to Mandl this morning. We'll be there with spouses.

Cheers

UPDATE

so far total of 46 are heading to Pissup...

2xFinnish

7x UK

Suring people NAT not know :o

1xUSA

3NOR

6OZ

1GER

2xSWED

17xThai(Wifes\Gf\Kid's)

So let's see what we come up to on this

-Marco-

MATE'S

WHO are up to to korean beef in ubon next few weeks...

let us us know....

Good Morning Lads

Last night was fantastic, where expecting 46, turn up was 44, that is thanx for you all, Thank you.

Next time somewhere else, just stay tuned.

few funny thing's happening there as well and that is show how small world is,,,two brit's came and start to talk and after few minutes they find out that they houses in UK are abt 20min away, but havent knew each other's b4.

but that's for now and time to healing(Head)

thank you all...

Was it a good night out? A good turn out and a lot of smiles but one guy did a runner when the cable T.V. started filming for the piece they will do even though Marco stated 3 or 4 times that T.V. and the Magazine will be there doing a piece on the get together! Was it a bit of guilt and the fear that somebody will see him? Who cares!

Here's some pics of the people that were not afraid - no comments from me, just the pics! Was it a good night?

post-16800-1140842195_thumb.jpg

post-16800-1140842281_thumb.jpg

post-16800-1140842384_thumb.jpg

post-16800-1140842461_thumb.jpg

The most beautiful attendee going home when she was VERY tired -

And of course Marco and the spiffing wife so you know both of them next time without having to read the Tshirt!

One more then - I have more and will give them to Marco on a CD so he can send them to whoever wants them - one more though!

A disclaimer !!!!!!!! If you need to hide and your picture is here PM me and I will remove it.

post-16800-1140854042_thumb.jpg

post-16800-1140854302_thumb.jpg

post-16800-1140854706_thumb.jpg

If you were there and want some pics emailing, just ask! I will put them all on CD and give them to Marco next week but can send them to anybody that is not afraid!

A little aside here - I knew the reporter from 'Wake up' magazine! She came to a party at our house when she was a schoolgirl 15 years ago! She will write a piece on the 'Farangs' living around Ubon and it will be in the next issue of 'Wake up' magazine.

I will say it again (I'm a pedantic old fool anyway!), if you are on the pics and need to hide for some reason just mail me and I will delete the pic from the site and from my camera.

I will be coming to Thailand and specifically Ubon in April for the first time. My wife says that there are not many Farangs there so I will be an attraction. I am glad to see that there are a few in the area and semi-connected thanks to this forum. The BBQ get together looked fantastic. We will be building in the area as well so I will have to be part of the get togethers at some point. Let me know if there is anything that anyone is dying for from the states that is not available in the LOS. (I should have a little luggage space left after my wife allocates her space.) :o

~Mike

Mike

I will say it again (I'm a pedantic old fool anyway!), if you are on the pics and need to hide for some reason just mail me and I will delete the pic from the site and from my camera.

I will be coming to Thailand and specifically Ubon in April for the first time. My wife says that there are not many Farangs there so I will be an attraction. I am glad to see that there are a few in the area and semi-connected thanks to this forum. The BBQ get together looked fantastic. We will be building in the area as well so I will have to be part of the get togethers at some point. Let me know if there is anything that anyone is dying for from the states that is not available in the LOS. (I should have a little luggage space left after my wife allocates her space.) :o

~Mike

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to Ubon,,

well just for your info,, there is around 550 Foreigner in and out (Surronding areas)from Ubon area,,and we had only few of us in the BBQ,, trying to get something else to be done as well...

-Marco-

Hello Mike, welcome when you get here :o

Marco, where do you get the figure 550 ? Just curious...

Mike

from Immigration, some friend working there,,, that figure is estimate,,,,and remember, Ubon "area" is large.

SG ok?? already.

-Marco-