Bbq In Ubon

MarcoH

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would have to wonder why a prolific poster such as 'lampard' thought the BBQ was invitation only! Was it badly advertised? Shame on you Marco!

When is the next one?

I have to edit this very quickly! It was tongue in cheek 'Lampard' ! I hope to see you next time.

Edited by thaibites0

I would have been there, but my 'Mate' Yorky said it was a private do, invitation only. I was gob-smacked when I saw a lot of our customers on the pics. Still maybe next time.

Martin,

I was actually very surprised to see Yorkie there and spent the rest of the evening looking around for you to pop up. Good to see both the Surin and Ubon mobs mixing together.

See you there next time.

Sezzo

I will say it again (I'm a pedantic old fool anyway!), if you are on the pics and need to hide for some reason just mail me and I will delete the pic from the site and from my camera.

I will be coming to Thailand and specifically Ubon in April for the first time. My wife says that there are not many Farangs there so I will be an attraction. I am glad to see that there are a few in the area and semi-connected thanks to this forum. The BBQ get together looked fantastic. We will be building in the area as well so I will have to be part of the get togethers at some point. Let me know if there is anything that anyone is dying for from the states that is not available in the LOS. (I should have a little luggage space left after my wife allocates her space.) :o

~Mike

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to Ubon,,

well just for your info,, there is around 550 Foreigner in and out (Surronding areas)from Ubon area,,and we had only few of us in the BBQ,, trying to get something else to be done as well...

-Marco-

550!!! Wow, that is great. I will not feel like such a spectacle then. My wife is from Trakan Phutphon (Spelling??) so we will be spending our time there for the most part I am guessing.

It amazes me how much the Isaan pictures that are posted here resemble my most traveled destination, the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. If the store signs were in Spanish as opposed to Thai as well as a few more cars it would be identical.

My wife has told me that I need to get my fat butt used to the hot month of April and practice squatting though. Any other suggestions for a less painful acclimation? LOL

After reading the forums I am starting to see her point. Off to the steam room I go……

Thanks for the PM Marco; I joined the Ubon group as well.

~Mike

I will say it again (I'm a pedantic old fool anyway!), if you are on the pics and need to hide for some reason just mail me and I will delete the pic from the site and from my camera.

I will be coming to Thailand and specifically Ubon in April for the first time. My wife says that there are not many Farangs there so I will be an attraction. I am glad to see that there are a few in the area and semi-connected thanks to this forum. The BBQ get together looked fantastic. We will be building in the area as well so I will have to be part of the get togethers at some point. Let me know if there is anything that anyone is dying for from the states that is not available in the LOS. (I should have a little luggage space left after my wife allocates her space.) :o

~Mike

Mike

well just for your info,, there is around 550 Foreigner in and out (Surronding areas)from Ubon area,,and we had only few of us in the BBQ,, trying to get something else to be done as well...

-Marco-

550!!! Wow, that is great. I will not feel like such a spectacle then. My wife is from Trakan Phutphon (Spelling??) so we will be spending our time there for the most part I am guessing.

It amazes me how much the Isaan pictures that are posted here resemble my most traveled destination, the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. If the store signs were in Spanish as opposed to Thai as well as a few more cars it would be identical.

My wife has told me that I need to get my fat butt used to the hot month of April and practice squatting though. Any other suggestions for a less painful acclimation? LOL

After reading the forums I am starting to see her point. Off to the steam room I go……

~Mike

Lampard,,,,,i think Yorkie,,,did not want you to attend....LOL :D

any time mate,, head to your HD (Honda) and speed up to Ubon....

Mike, welcome to "Steam room",, actually is not that hot,, or maybe i just have use to it,,,

also Mike im heading to Acapulco,Zhihuantanejo and few other places in April with my ship,,, then off i go to ice age and Alaska,, it's darn cold there firts couple of months.....

but now it's similar activities than Thaibites this afternooon,, Brother "Chang, visiting here as well...

-Marco-

~Mike

Mike

-Marco-

~Mike

Mike, welcome to "Steam room",, actually is not that hot,, or maybe i just have use to it,,,

also Mike im heading to Acapulco,Zhihuantanejo and few other places in April with my ship,,, then off i go to ice age and Alaska,, it's darn cold there firts couple of months.....

but now it's similar activities than Thaibites this afternooon,, Brother "Chang, visiting here as well...

-Marco-

Marco,

Z'nejo and Alaska? Two of my favorite places and exactly opposite. My sister in law is from Acapulco so I have been there as well and I spent 8 years in Alaska fishing the Bering. Are you employed on a cruise ship (What line?) or going for pleasure? My roommate is on the Princess Sapphire right now in PV, Mexico drinking and gambling like the fool that he is. April is a little brisk in Alaska, but not too bad. I guess if you are acclimated to the LOS you will be FROZEN though. My wife is still freezing in Seattle after over 4 years here. I introduced her to the wonders of hottubbing yesterday evening on our back patio and she is hooked I think since it warmed her all the way through. She was very shy at first of course and has avoided it since I installed it 3 months ago. I doubt that I will find many hottubs in Thailand since that is basically room temperature sometimes :D Time for me to head home as my work for the day is over. Enjoy the sunshine all.

~Mike

~Mike

Mike

-Marco-

~Mike

-Marco-

Marco,

Z'nejo and Alaska? Two of my favorite places and exactly opposite. My sister in law is from Acapulco so I have been there as well and I spent 8 years in Alaska fishing the Bering. Are you employed on a cruise ship (What line?) or going for pleasure? My roommate is on the Princess Sapphire right now in PV, Mexico drinking and gambling like the fool that he is. April is a little brisk in Alaska, but not too bad. I guess if you are acclimated to the LOS you will be FROZEN though. My wife is still freezing in Seattle after over 4 years here. I introduced her to the wonders of hottubbing yesterday evening on our back patio and she is hooked I think since it warmed her all the way through. She was very shy at first of course and has avoided it since I installed it 3 months ago. I doubt that I will find many hottubs in Thailand since that is basically room temperature sometimes :D Time for me to head home as my work for the day is over. Enjoy the sunshine all.

~Mike

Mike

yeah we going to PV as well, and yes been working in the ships last 22yrs,, NCL N.Star, and we are going together with Saphir during Alaska seasson,, startting from Seattle......

It's bit chilly in AL but inside the ship it's ok,,,,there is too much ICE in the Skagway and Glasier Bay...

-Marco-

~Mike

Mike

-Marco-

~Mike

-Marco-

Marco,

~Mike

Mike

yeah we going to PV as well, and yes been working in the ships last 22yrs,, NCL N.Star, and we are going together with Saphir during Alaska seasson,, startting from Seattle......

It's bit chilly in AL but inside the ship it's ok,,,,there is too much ICE in the Skagway and Glasier Bay...

-Marco-

Marco,

The Alaska cruises are during the early summer, correct? Let me know when you are going to be in Seattle. I work downtown so I am only a few minutes from the Cruise Ship Port. Maybe you will get some shore leave and we can get some "Thai" food. :D Are you an engineer or something? 22yrs is a long time at sea even part time. I have noticed that there are a lot of Thais on Princess and Carnival, does the same hold for NCL? Does your wife work on board as well?

Mike

~Mike

Mike

-Marco-

~Mike

-Marco-

Marco,

~Mike

Mike

-Marco-

Marco,

The Alaska cruises are during the early summer, correct? Let me know when you are going to be in Seattle. I work downtown so I am only a few minutes from the Cruise Ship Port. Maybe you will get some shore leave and we can get some "Thai" food. :D Are you an engineer or something? 22yrs is a long time at sea even part time. I have noticed that there are a lot of Thais on Princess and Carnival, does the same hold for NCL? Does your wife work on board as well?

Mike

Im Chief Firefighter and no my wife is taking care of business in home.

Regarding Thais in NCL, not so many,, in my ship 1,and few other through out the fleet.

Seattle we are when we start Alaska Seasson every Sunday.Pier 66

im PM you as well

-Marco-