Immigration Brochure

Yes, thanks Mario.

Going off topic a little, it appears that you can notify of change of address by registered post,

submitting a TM30 signed by the person to whom rent is paid, and the usual photocopies of relevant passport pages. Would anyone be able verify that for me, please?

Thx, AA

Thank you Mario. For future reference, I have added a link to this topic in the list of Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc. related to visas, immigration matters, and work permits (currently link No. 22) in the pinned topic Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions

Sakhon Nakhon Immigration Khun Wirat Somjai 042 715 219 0859 295 602

• Like 2

Yes, thanks Mario.

Going off topic a little, it appears that you can notify of change of address by registered post,

submitting a TM30 signed by the person to whom rent is paid, and the usual photocopies of relevant passport pages. Would anyone be able verify that for me, please?

Thx, AA

That is not your requirement - that is the owner of the accommodation requirement to report foreigners.

House holder, owner or dwelling occupier

or hotel manager who accommodates the alien who

has permission to stay in the Kingdom temporarily,

must report to the ofųcer within 24 hours from

the time the alien was accommodated by using

TM.30 form.

I am writing a small booklet and maybe cd version of all the rules/reglations that I can give to foreigners who are constantly contacting me by phone, in person and on the net about all these subjects. I appreciate all the work that you have all done in compiling this information. I always recommend that they go to TVF it saves me time and talking.

• Like 2

While adress and contact numbers etc are for Bangkok, the other information is of course useful for everyone.

While this does, indeed, seem to be a useful leaflet (despite the typically stilted English translation - why on earth can’t Immigration employ native English speakers to proof-read their English docs prior to publication?), those of us who live outside Bangkok and are served by provincial immigration offices should, of course, take care not rely on its contents as being 100% the gospel in our cases. For example, in addition to passport + completed TM47 + previous notification slip, some immigration offices insist on copies of relevant passport pages for 90-day address reporting purposes. And Jomtien (Pattaya) require address evidence as well - although, thankfully, they seem to be the sole immigration office with this silly rule!

Yes, thanks Mario.

Thx, AA

That is not your requirement - that is the owner of the accommodation requirement to report foreigners.

TM.30 form.

Although this is the law, how many of those Thai housekeepers, landlords etc really report to Immigration that they have falang renting place in their premises... 1% ?? or less ?? whistling.gifwai.gif

Has anyone tried the 'Re entry Permit Queue Online' application yet (Item No 6)? It seems a bit more presentable and better laid out than the last farcial comedy of errors at Suan Plu many years ago. Home 'n' hosed in 5 minutes, eh? Time will tell.

coffee1.gif

Yes, thanks Mario.

Thx, AA

TM.30 form.

The TM30 form mentions as a requirement for businesses however some lady in immigration office tried to to tell me my wife she had to fill in the form and it had to be submitted to immigration office..and no she could not submit at police station per the TM30 if no immigration office in ones locale.

Shame the immigration people ( and the consuls/embassies) are not all on the same page regarding the rules and regs as stated in brochures and police notices. ah well....TIT

If you are living with the wife and she is the owner of doweling then yes she would be required to submit (good luck with that). Most Thai will not bother unless commercial establishment such as hotel or guest house. About the only time it would become an issue (for other than obvious criminal cases) would be if you requested immigration to provide a letter of your residence address (as is often asked for driving licence.

If you are living with the wife and she is the owner of doweling then yes she would be required to submit (good luck with that). Most Thai will not bother unless commercial establishment such as hotel or guest house. About the only time it would become an issue (for other than obvious criminal cases) would be if you requested immigration to provide a letter of your residence address (as is often asked for driving licence.

Can confirm this based on personal experience. When I submitted my first 90-day address report at Maptaput after moving out here 4 years ago, the IO handed wifey and me a blank TM30. However, not knowing what to do with this form, we binned it! This has not subsequently proved to be problematical at annual extension renewal time when Immigration have been happy to rely on wifey's blue house registration book as proof of my address without even wanting to see our KR2 marriage doc (and they didn't even ask to see the house registration book when I did my latest extension 3 months ago).

As regards proving your residential address for the purposes of obtaining a driving licence, might not a letter from your Embassy (in Thai if need be) suffice in lieu of a letter from Immigration?

Edited by OJAS

Yes alternate proof for license has been accepted in the past but several recent reports that not accepted; at least at some locations. But that was not really the question - just an alert if using immigration you might want to be in compliance with rules.

Many thanks for the brochure download. wai.gif

On a technical note - can I change the format to a black font on white background? Or extract the textual information so I can actually read it on my mobile screen? ;)

I've managed to convert it into a Microsoft Word version 2007 document. Which Word version do you have?

In this word document, one can change font style and colour and delete the background picture. The image at the top left got lost in the conversion, see screenshot below.

post-21260-0-13560900-1349609048_thumb.g

Been working in Phuket 3 years plus. I have 3 consecutive 1 year Non-Immigrant B Visa's. I have left every 90 days over those 3 years. Would I be qualified to apply for Residency in the Kingdom. and, If successful would I still need to leave every 90 days?