Bars In Loei

dagling

Will stay in Loei for a few days, and looking for a nice bar where I can meet some farangs and girls in the night. Where to find?

Edit by SlyAnimal - Posters please remember the following TV rule when replying to this post.

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Information regarding nightclubs etc are fine, just please no specifics regarding the local karaoke bars etc please.

There is a few bars near the Loei Orchid hotel I think the name of the street is Ruam Pattana.

Yes, at least that was the case when I was last there. The Loei Orchid is actually on an adjoining street. You would go west from that hotel until coming onto Ruam Pattana at a T junction. This street contains several bars and Robot disco - with coyote dancers. I stayed in the Orchid myself once and found that the establishments in the immediate vicinity are mainly massage parlours: they will sell you a drink but are pretty boring if you don't want a massage. Otherwise I didn't find very much. The Royal Inn had an okay bar on a corner, and further around the corner and past the hotel I found a Thai cafe one floor up from street level - the singers were nice but not that friendly. i think there was a German style bar/restaurant on Nok Kaeo Road - but my memory is hazy. I thought the best hotel in the centre of town was the King Hotel - also close to the places mentioned, The more expensive Loei Place Hotel is some distance away across a large public park and I think also has a bar.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

Citizen33 is spot on. Robot Disco is probably the most popular place. I also been to Loei Orchid. Location is convenient. A nice new hotel is Loei pavilion.

The German restaurant he is talking about is a steak house, I think. If I remember, it is called "Mr Chris Steak House" and always have some foreigners there.

The Ta Wan Deang is small but nice. That is a place with thai folk song.

I do not live in Loei but visit often because my wife works there one week per month.

• Like 2

I live in Loei province and Loei certainly has no farang ghettos. If you wander around the King Hotel area, you can find places to have a beer and there are a number of karaoke joints. Girls are always available if that's what you are looking for. You wouldn't have to leave the hotel for that.

I live just outside Loei & there are plenty good bars to visit. My mate Kun Earth has a great joint with live music regularly. It's on the same side of the road as the hospital main entrance, about 500m to the left. My mate Chriss owns the steak house mentioned before. He's a great guy, German & speaks good English & Thai. Tell him Joe sent you. Robot nightclub is not for me but then again I'm not 21 any more. If you get to Chris's restaurant tell him to give me a call & I'll take you a pub crawl if you like. You might want to experience my local village pub, pool table & all. Always full of happy locals & cheap beer! I hope you enjoy your stay up here. I for one love the place to bits!

• Like 2

I live just outside Loei & there are plenty good bars to visit. My mate Kun Earth has a great joint with live music regularly. It's on the same side of the road as the hospital main entrance, about 500m to the left. My mate Chriss owns the steak house mentioned before. He's a great guy, German & speaks good English & Thai. Tell him Joe sent you. Robot nightclub is not for me but then again I'm not 21 any more. If you get to Chris's restaurant tell him to give me a call & I'll take you a pub crawl if you like. You might want to experience my local village pub, pool table & all. Always full of happy locals & cheap beer! I hope you enjoy your stay up here. I for one love the place to bits!

Will go there soon....

Edited by sirchai

• 1 year later...

I have edited the OP's original question, and would remind the forum users of the below TV Forum rule:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Although of course suggestions of nightclubs or bars where the OP might meet a nice girl are fine. However please don't delve into the specifics of where the local karaoke bars are and what they charge etc. If you would like to discuss anything along those lines, please do it via pm instead.

(So far all of the posts have been fine, I'm just giving a reminder).

Loei is not a Farang orientated town. Chris's Steak & Pasta is a decent spot. But not really a bar. There's a couple of Discos as mentioned previously. But you and the odd English teacher maybe the only Farangs. Ice bar is a tiny bar around the corner from Chris's, run by an Aussie and his wife. Loei is sleepy, so don't expect raging night life.

• 5 years later...
On 10/14/2012 at 5:49 PM, Scotswahay said:

Scotswahay,

I am looking for a piece of land in Loei. Close enough to a middle school. Can you suggest some districts with outstanding views and is an ideal place to live?

Thanks,

Buddhadug