Foreigners Warned Of Saturday's Anti-Thaksin rally

george

It's a pattern we've seen before. The provincial masses elect (often paid to do so) the administration, who claim a mandate, but are eventually unseated by events in Bangkok. It's the Thai version of China's tien ming, "mandate of heaven."

Eventually, as Chinese political ideas developed further, the Mandate was linked to the notion of dynastic cycle in which a dynasty started strong and vigorously but gradually would succumb to immorality and be replaced by a new stronger dynasty.

tien ming

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:o Nothing about this on the British EMbassy website. Ho hum.

Posted from British embassy personalised website today morning actually yesterday evening

A large political rally is scheduled for 4 February 2006 at King Rama V monument in the vicinity of the national zoo and Parliament buiding in Bangkok. This could cause congestion and disruption. You should avoid large crowds and demonstrations.

... The Dutch just say ... "Stop drinking the local Beers, better take a Heinie ... " :o

What does that mean ? I think it's bullocks. Propaganda against a war they themselves started and as they are losing, these 'Ami-patriots' gonna try to find any ally, even the folks who live in other country's. Stupid people will always be there and maybe a (Muslim) fool will try to spoil the party; do not put it on the average Muslim and let the Americans scream 'Blood-and-Murder' :D .

I hear all this anti-American sentiment and I cannot understand why you constantly harrass these kind innocent people who never bothered anyone and lived off the land in harmony with nature. Of course until their country America, was invaded 400 years ago by Barbarians from Europe (English, Irish, Dutch. German, Italian, Etc,,,,,,,,) Leave the real Americans alone and realise where the killers and murderers and war mongers you talk about came from in the first place. Your own backyard. Read history, educate yourself, then make an intelligent comment.

give me a break -

commander bunnypants is just doing the mafia of taksin a good turn. i have for years marvelled at the similarities.

if you are still using AIS get off!

> you can read it another way - journalists and those critical of thegovt from the outside -STAY OUT.

sounds as much like nepal, iran or syria as thailand eh?

wish my commrades had the balls to do the same in the usa to blinky.

wish my commrades had the balls to do the same in the usa to blinky.

Don't be stupid. The situation here is different from the US. The US is a Super Power and Saddam was bad dictator under UN santions. Even the The information is used as a way to invade Iraq was misleading. I think most people would say it was a good think. No other World Leader had the XXXX to tell Saddam to obey the World Community laws(Just like what they are doing with Iran and North Korea). Nato must get in there like it has done in Afganistan. This will make everybody happy and will show that the World Community must take part in rooting out evil and wrongs in the World and not just give the responsible to the US alone.

As far as the protest in Thailand goes, SonTee is just using excuses to put himself into power. He makes accusations against the PM, but cannot back it up with proof. Selling his shares to another company is his business(Taksins) and has nothing to do with poltics. The people who are protesting need to wake up and realize that Foreign investment is good for the country. He is did not break the law when He did not pay taxes on the deal because it went to the stock market. He also has every right as a indivdual to send his funds to the British Virgin Islands tax heaven bank account. Although, If were him I would have paid the taxes volinteerly for poltical support reasons showing that He cares about helping the people.

As far as the protest in Thailand goes, SonTee is just using excuses to put himself into power. He makes accusations against the PM, but cannot back it up with proof.

He has no interest in being in power.

He has vowed to keep doing this even if Thaksin is no longer PM and wants to keep weeding out corrupt individuals and fight censorship.

Have you ever watched an entire show of his?

You've never seen the documents presented to the crowd on a giant screen? Buy the cd's...

Did you know that government officers who have had it with the present government often send him some of these documents? The information provided to him is thouroughly verified by his team before making an ass of himself in public with false information. (unlike B...well, that's another story)

How many others would step ahead first the way he did to denounce corrupt individuals and put their own lives at risk? Remember Somchai the lawyer?

I suspect the US Embassy is suffering post "State of the Nation" jitters and expect a strong Muslim contingent to join the demonstration, and the paranoid peeps from the underground cubicles have wound them up that it'll be infiltrated by AQ and JI agent-provocateurs ... therefore they're warning Americans to stay away in case of Afghan/Iran/Iraq sentiments leading to assaults on their citizens.

Anyone seen if other embassies are issuing warnings?

Me - I just wish I could get down for it, but am stuck in Chiangers this weekend with visitors from afar.

###### right my wise friend! In fact I believe it would be wise for all Americans to avoid falafals and hashish for a while too. Them ###### paranoid Yankees better just avoid MBK too cause I saw a muslim gal there and she may be an ill-quida babe lookin for a fight. In fact if your smart you'll uncircumsize yer tallywacker for safe measure as well in case the guy next to you is a pee-pee peeper.

So when does it end - this should be made into a cartoon...oops can't do that they may take it personally or something. IDIOTS!!!

there must be a bar somewhere, that will let us drink till the party (demostration) is over, then we can all get to read about it a day or so later (seems a bit like a Tottenham and Millwall match really, bound to be a shade of claret on the streets)

And as I havent been invited, I wont be going, and I'm a bit old to be a student anyway, so I guess I'll have a few beers and have an early night

of course Americans like fighting, they go anywhere for a scrap, they dont REALLY want to comeback to Asia, they came second last time

Another glib posting about what is essentially a very grave matter......obviously, there are more than a few posters on this forum who don't give an iota about anything or anyone except themselves........SAD.......

What do you expect me to do then, I have no idea of Thai politics or what the demostration is for or over, I'm a guest in Thailand, I dont have any voting privliges, I live in the UK and spend time in Thailand

What is important to Thai's is not important to me, same as VERY few Thai's are intrested in UK politics,

Get real matey

Perhaps then, it might be best to leave off your comments on more serious Thai topics...

and confine your forum activities to places like:

forum.britswhodonotknowmuchaboutthailandnorcarewhathappens.com

thank you.

:o

Thanks for the link, but it dont work, as I said I have no influence over Thai politics and even if I had the vote do you think it would make any differece, seems to me when even Thai's vote it makes no difference

I do have a 30 year lease on a property and land in Thailand and I know its worth my while to give a back hander to the police to make sure my property is safe, I dont have any problem with that, but the body rots fromthe head down, so if the ordinary cop takes a few bob, what's happening further up the chain ???

Have you noticed that m/bikes and mopeds get stopped a lot more frequent JUST before a festival ? But the fines are small and usually against tourists who wont raise a fuss or ask for a reciept, so where does the fine go ?

Isn't this event a potential risk for blood on the streets?

True! but will all the street dogs now have some bones to chew on..??

Most of these copycat warriors have very small gonades... nothing ever really happens... these are people who hit and run...

The US Embassy was smart in posting this warning and all the other embassies are what they are... big jokes...

I saw 911 first hand.. these arabs are not joking...they want to find any venue to act out with their stupidity...

He has no interest in being in power.

He has vowed to keep doing this even if Thaksin is no longer PM and wants to keep weeding out corrupt individuals and fight censorship.

Have you ever watched an entire show of his?

You've never seen the documents presented to the crowd on a giant screen? Buy the cd's...

Did you know that government officers who have had it with the present government often send him some of these documents?

The information provided to him is thouroughly verified by his team before making an ass of himself in public with false information. (unlike B...well, that's another story)

Nonsense! Sontee is an anti-foreigner. Go to Lumpini and read that message in Thai.

I believe He said that he was going to reveal all the information on Thaksin's curruption next week. If all Sontee's information was verified true then, Thaksin already would have to step down. The CD's are not evidence of true corrption by Thaksin. I know Thaksin gained his wealth through currption, but this is old news. Where was Sontee then bringing this matter up before. This you forget Sontee is an Anti-foreigner

How many others would step ahead first the way he did to denounce corrupt individuals and put their own lives at risk? Remember Somchai the lawyer?

Thaksin was not involved with this. This was done by other rogue government officials

Edited by britainmal