Thai Woman Nabbed At Suvarnabhumi Airport With 4Kg 'ice'

webfact

Thai woman nabbed at Suvarnabhumi Airport with 4kg 'ice'

image_201210080938033E3C7FC9-D1DE-72C4-8F8D5FF69BE9D77E.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 8 - A Thai woman was arrested at the country's main international airport for smuggling four kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as ice, worth Bt14 million, customs officers reported.

The accused was identified as Nareerat Varitkitkajorn. She was detained at Suvarnabhumi Airport on entering the country as customs officials found the drug hidden under the lower compartment of her luggage.

Ms Nareerat claimed that she borrowed the luggage from a hotel in the Philippines as her bag was broken and that she did not know that the drugs were hidden inside.

Customs officers did not believe the detainee's claims, saying the drug was meant to be distributed to customers here.

Ms Nareerat will be initially charged with smuggling illicit drugs into the kingdom and was sent to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further legal procedures. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-08

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absurd, why on earth smuggling this shit into the country when it's already an overcrowded supply line availible??????

Unless ofcourse its cheaper to risk ones live to smuggle then to by it cheap on the local market.

epidemic!

She will never see the freedom again, if she plead guilty, get life imprisonnement, if not, death penalty.

Really ? Wow thats a hard lesson to learn.

There's no excuse for these people but I can't help feeling that some of these drug-mules are also victims of the drug trade. IMHO I would have thought a stiff sentence of say 5-10 years would be more than sufficient (personal opinion only mind)

• Like 2

She will never see the freedom again, if she plead guilty, get life imprisonnement, if not, death penalty.

There's no excuse for these people but I can't help feeling that some of these drug-mules are also victims of the drug trade. IMHO I would have thought a stiff sentence of say 5-10 years would be more than sufficient (personal opinion only mind)

You'd think the death penalty would be sufficient enough of a deterrent, but it isn't. They don't mess around with this kind of thing in other parts of the world. Look at Singapore. There are several signs in plain view of airport passengers that drug smuggling of any kind will result in the death penalty. But it still happens. IMHO, bring back extrajudicial shootings and be done with them.

• Like 1

coffee1.gif Another tragic victum of a substandard Educational system that leaves little or no hope in going anywhere but NOWHERE!!!!

And they are producing 1000s more just like this person.

Selling sex or selling drugs...

AND SURELY A SUCCESSFUL REHABILITION PROGRAM should be Part of the Sentencing for FIRST TIME OFFENDERS to

avoid a lifetime sentence coupled with some kind of technical skill program to enable people like this to provide a living for themselves,

rather than end up back in the HOLE.coffee1.gif

Edited by jerrysteve
  • Like 1

1- I work with foreign mules in Thai prisons. I have a project with one part consisting in this:

Prevention

Eventually The imprisoned mules give advice to the young people (message is “you cannot win / you are just a decoy / they cheat you / police knows you already / it’s not 5 years in prison, you’ll be old when you’ll be released”)

From the psychological models and process models, find actions to be in contact with these persons (Internet or real life).

Movies, songs with famous stars, Facebook groups,

How to find help to implement that?

When I manage to contact the former friends of these girls, they tell "Yes we know that she was on the verge something stupid..." What about a Facebook group "My friend is becoming a mule"?

Please don't tell "This is useless, when a girl wants to cross the line, she will do." Please consider that we can save some of them.

2- Police in Ho Chi Minh City have busted a drug ring, detaining two Thai nationals, one of whom was caught carrying 2 kg of cocaine. Meanwhile, another Thai, a former student, saw her death sentence upheld by a court on Wednesday.

Maybe already in ThaiVisa.

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/society/two-thais-held-for-drug-trafficking-another-has-death-penalty-upheld-1.87982

3- The girl mentioned in the current article is Thai and will be jailed in his homeland. Life sentence = 18 years.

It's too long BUT imagine when you spend this long time far from home, far from any family or friend!!! And the worst is probably when you arrive in the jail pregnant, you give birth, you take care of the baby during one year, the baby girl has to go back to Africa, you'll see her again when she will be mother herself.

Drugs are the total degeneration of our society here and abroad. The manufacturers should be summarily executed as there will always be people willing to transport it and they care nothing about either them or the end user.

Would you include alcohol in your use of the word "drug"?

Crystal methamphetamine ("ice") is a nasty drug when compared to other softer drugs like cannabis and MDMA, but the illegality of it could be part of the whole problem. Prohibition did not work for alcohol, and is simply not working for any other drug.

• Like 2

Very sad when one puts there whole life on hold to earn a little bit of money and those responsible walk away and carry on with there sordid trade 18/20 years or death is it really worth it to some yes it is because they are so desperate for money and will take the risk hoping they will not be caught !!!!!!!!!!

coffee1.gif Another tragic victum of a substandard Educational system that leaves little or no hope in going anywhere but NOWHERE!!!!

And they are producing 1000s more just like this person.

Selling sex or selling drugs...

AND SURELY A SUCCESSFUL REHABILITION PROGRAM should be Part of the Sentencing for FIRST TIME OFFENDERS to

avoid a lifetime sentence coupled with some kind of technical skill program to enable people like this to provide a living for themselves,

rather than end up back in the HOLE.coffee1.gif

people of every nationality do these stupid things. stupidity is universal (unfortunatly)

Makes a change from the usual Iranian mule, don't you think? Why do so many people have sympathy for her? Because she's a woman?

Tough shit, let her rot in jail.

If she wants sympathy, it's between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

• Like 2

HAHAHA Airport security!

Last time when i was in thailand on our way back to europe we take a visit in Hongkong. I have forget a knife in my backpack, and it was taken by the secu only at Helsinki. I have passed Suvarnabhumi and Hongkong witout any problem. IMO if i bring a bomb sticked to my body i could easily take a seat on the plane.

One of my other aquitances boyfriend had bring some weed from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the airport secu stoped him at the metalgate he was serched, he have to take off his pants, t-shirt, but they ddint find it in his underpant. XD

Obviously this was a flight from Manila to BKK. There's a standing joke in customs about incoming flights from Manila coming into Honolulu Hawaii. It goes. ' The chances of finding contraband on a Philippines Airline flight to HNL is about the same as finding Big Mac's in a McDonalds restaurant'. In a way I feel sorry for this poor woman. While the producers, money-men, and enforcers get rich, these poor dumb mules do the time. Sad.

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

DRUG SMUGGLING

Woman carrying crystal meth arrested at airport

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Thai woman was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Monday for trying to smuggle four kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as ice, worth Bt14 million, into the country.

The accused was identified as Nareerat Varitkitkajorn. She was detained at the airport after customs officials found the drug hidden under the lower compartment of her luggage.

She claimed she borrowed the luggage from a hotel in the Philippines, as her bag was broken and that she did not know that the drugs were hidden inside.

Customs officers did not believe the detainee’s claims, saying the drug was meant to be distributed to customers here.

The suspect will be initially charged with smuggling illicit drugs into the kingdom and was sent to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further legal procedures.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-08

Precisely! Furthermore, Thailand is not that rich a country as compared to Korea, Taiwan , Japan or Singapore. To how many people can they sell the drugs without being detected to?

This is absurd, why on earth smuggling this shit into the country when it's already an overcrowded supply line availible??????

Unless ofcourse its cheaper to risk ones live to smuggle then to by it cheap on the local market.

epidemic!

Another young desperate going to lose her life to incarceration over drug...

I do read dozens of crime news, daily, is not unusual to hear about felons under 30 years old already convicted for drug smuggling then caught again while perpetrating the same crime (or a different), so, seems like life imprisonment (or death penalty) in thailand over drug smugglin is rather a urban legend...