Thai Woman Nabbed At Suvarnabhumi Airport With 4Kg 'ice'

webfact

I know Philippino airports as being pretty tight on security, how did she pass that easy ? What a pity to not know about the other people involved, for reducing the sentence she could provide very valuable information that leads to bigger fish. Customs proudly show their catch who is probably just another simple minded mule, but tactical it's not a very clever way to show off this way that warns others involved.

It's the same like when you ask a Thai girl 'you can choose I give you 1000baht today or 2000 baht next week' most of them would choose the quick option. biggrin.png

Edited by rubberduck
  • Like 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA Airport security!

Last time when i was in thailand on our way back to europe we take a visit in Hongkong. I have forget a knife in my backpack, and it was taken by the secu only at Helsinki. I have passed Suvarnabhumi and Hongkong witout any problem. IMO if i bring a bomb sticked to my body i could easily take a seat on the plane.

One of my other aquitances boyfriend had bring some weed from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the airport secu stoped him at the metalgate he was serched, he have to take off his pants, t-shirt, but they ddint find it in his underpant. XD

I'm guessing they probably didn't want to go in there.

biggrin.png

She will never see the freedom again, if she plead guilty, get life imprisonnement, if not, death penalty.

Really ? Wow thats a hard lesson to learn.

There's no excuse for these people but I can't help feeling that some of these drug-mules are also victims of the drug trade. IMHO I would have thought a stiff sentence of say 5-10 years would be more than sufficient (personal opinion only mind)

How do you see a drug mule as a victim of the drug trade? I don't understand.

WOW...I must say havent see any comments from the hang em high brigade...if this was an Iranian, Nigerian etc I am sure they would be out in force, calling for their immediate execution... but all I am seeing is sympathy and excuses for a drug smuggler...who knew exactly what they were doing and they got caught

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

She will never see the freedom again, if she plead guilty, get life imprisonnement, if not, death penalty.

There's no excuse for these people but I can't help feeling that some of these drug-mules are also victims of the drug trade. IMHO I would have thought a stiff sentence of say 5-10 years would be more than sufficient (personal opinion only mind)

They are not victims, in almost all cases they knew what they were getting into and got into it because of greed or an easy way to make money..

Because the organizations using such refined ways to choose and prepare their mules that even your own daughter could become a victim, seriously. Often they are respectable hardworking people who have no bad intentions at all, but usually they lack experience in life and don't know how mean the world can be. Innocent, sincere and hardworking people are the perfect victims for the organizations. Via a regular job for a trusted employer, that after a period of time comes with a job 'abroad' and thus they end up in this horrible situations, becomig double victimized, their lifes are stolen.

Edited by rubberduck
  • Like 2

Obviously this was a flight from Manila to BKK. There's a standing joke in customs about incoming flights from Manila coming into Honolulu Hawaii. It goes. ' The chances of finding contraband on a Philippines Airline flight to HNL is about the same as finding Big Mac's in a McDonalds restaurant'. In a way I feel sorry for this poor woman. While the producers, money-men, and enforcers get rich, these poor dumb mules do the time. Sad.

The Philippines is not a major Ice producer, nor an international major transit point. The likelihood that this product is from The Phils is unlikely. It is more likely that this product is from abroad. I am sure the Thai Police are requesting flight records for this female, as to where she came from prior to the Phils.

Distributors use mules of all types, but the local color is usually the hardest to detect by customs. Customs (although many countries will not openly admit it) screen passengers based on geographical origin, with those of South America, the Middle East (particularly Iran), China, Malaysia and the Phils being the major focal point.

A mouse in a tigers suit is far less likely to get eaten..

Edited by TheGhostWithin

It's a bit too late to read the signs when you are already at the airport with your contraband !

Not necessarily. I have dumped lots of food that I didn't eat on the airplane into the dustbin by the luggage carousel- just before I went through customs inspection. Never got a second look from the customs people, and it could have just as easily been a bag of crack as a bag of stale burgers, fries and bananas.

The sign says don't bring in fresh food. So I dump it before inspection.

Edited by impulse

why not let this lady thru then follow her and catch the big guys ?????

Because they are the big guys!

It works like this ;

A small fry gets tricked into carrying 2-4 kilo's,by some gang.

gets caught with it ,

and meanwhile a container full of this ice shit gets waived through by customs them selfs.

they are just used as decoy's.

• Like 2

Because the organizations using such refined ways to choose and prepare their mules that even your own daughter could become a victim, seriously. Often they are respectable hardworking people who have no bad intentions at all, but usually they lack experience in life and don't know how mean the world can be. Innocent, sincere and hardworking people are the perfect victims for the organizations. Via a regular job for a trusted employer, that after a period of time comes with a job 'abroad' and thus they end up in this horrible situations, becomig double victimized, their lifes are stolen.

Exactly - couldn't have put it better myself thumbsup.gif .

Another young desperate going to lose her life to incarceration over drugs. Drugs are the total degeneration of our society here and abroad. The manufacturers should be summarily executed as there will always be people willing to transport it and they care nothing about either them or the end user. This is a form of human trafficking in its own right.

And imparticularly this drug, Ice. It is the mother of all evils when it comes to drugs.

So what is the usual sentence for this one ?

She will need to fess up and fast. If she denies all the way through the court hearing she will be given the death sentence. Which may or may not be commuted to life in prison on appeal.

haha borrowed...yes, hotels are know to give a 2000 baht worth of luggage for free

555. Not to mention that the empty bag would have been feeling a little on the heavy side. Mmm. About 4 kilos heavier. Hahaha. Suck it up wench !! clap2.gif

Most of the time te police seem to know they are coming when they arrest people at airports. The Police concentrating on getting their big drug bust wave everyone else through including the second mule and the first mule although stopped walks through clean and clear.

Makes you think indeed, could the mule be a decoy with her 4 kilos...

While police is waiting for the 4 kg named mule, another nice "mule" family with 3 of 4 luggage at max allowance of 20kg per person could be on the same plane and exit very safely :)

5 to 10% lost might be bargain for drug rings so they can pass 40 to 80 kg without risk :)

• Like 1

WOW...I must say havent see any comments from the hang em high brigade...if this was an Iranian, Nigerian etc I am sure they would be out in force, calling for their immediate execution... but all I am seeing is sympathy and excuses for a drug smuggler...who knew exactly what they were doing and they got caught

Are calling for some hang-em high posts or just seeing the negative aspect of the thread not going that way?

why not let this lady thru then follow her and catch the big guys ?????

Because they are the big guys!

It works like this ;

A small fry gets tricked into carrying 2-4 kilo's,by some gang.

gets caught with it ,

and meanwhile a container full of this ice shit gets waived through by customs them selfs.

they are just used as decoy's.

I always have to wonder about this decoy method that likes to be repeated. How does it work? When somebody gets busted for drugs at the airport they stop checking all other bags and passengers?

• Like 1

People wanna get high. I say let 'em. The war on drugs was lost before it began.

Legalise all drugs, control the purity and tax them like cigarettes and alcohol.

Remove the profit for the unscrupulous scumbags who prey on girls like this.

Good to see that there are sensible people on TV, praise to HardenedSoul, Londoedan, Rubberduck and anybody else supporting legalisation of drugs. To the others who support the 'war on drugs' and the 'war on terror', how many realise that every time you fill up your tank with gas you are either funding terrorists or the brain dead cretins fighting 'the war on terror'. In that one our soldiers are the mules and the king pins Bush and Blair and other politicians line their pockets to the tune of millions. Both the 'war on drugs' and the 'war on terror' are just political crap sold to the gullible that cannot see that better options exist because they are idoctrinated by twaddle.

Edited by sysardman
  • Like 2

Never heard of a hotel lending luggage before.

Stupid Girl.

the girl might be stupid but you can't imagine what top hotels do for valued guests. lending luggage is done because guests shop and lack luggage space. after use the luggage can be dropped or sent to a hotel of the same chain and category located in the home country.

People wanna get high. I say let 'em. The war on drugs was lost before it began.

Legalise all drugs, control the purity and tax them like cigarettes and alcohol.

Remove the profit for the unscrupulous scumbags who prey on girls like this.

Good to see that there are sensible people on TV, praise to HardenedSoul, Londoedan, Rubberduck and anybody else supporting legalisation of drugs. To the others who support the 'war on drugs' and the 'war on terror', how many realise that every time you fill up your tank with gas you are either funding terrorists or the brain dead cretins fighting 'the war on terror'. In that one our soldiers are the mules and the king pins Bush and Blair and other politicians line their pockets to the tune of millions. Both the 'war on drugs' and the 'war on terror' are just political crap sold to the gullible that cannot see that better options exist because they are idoctrinated by twaddle.

Just like Thailand needs its "hubs", the US needs it "wars"

Edited by Nisa

What these 'mules' do not realize is that as soon as they show the slightest interest in doing the dirty work for the behind the scenes scum, they really do not have a way out, they are intimidated and bullied into carrying it.

If they gave it a seconds thought they would realize that once they know the identity of the 'smuggling team' they cannot be allowed to walk away for fear of them turning informant.

The chances of them being a decoy mule is also very high they get sacrificed to the police/customs at port of arrival whilst they are being arrested etc another mule with three times the amount breezes through security.

For sure the police/customs in Thailand are going to take the easy arrest and have their usual press conference, with medals being dished out all over the place etc.

What surprises me in this particular case is the type of drug, it would make more sense if it were cocaine but ice? There is an abundance of the crap out there it just does not seem to be cost effective? Which leads me to believe that another person walked in with 10k of coke right behind the girl?

At the moment the only hope she has is to get a good solicitor, plead guilty and give up all the others involved, she then might get away with 20 years.

Are calling for some hang-em high posts

Not at all, just quite suprised.. with stories like this, the usual lynch mob is normally out calling for immediate execution, hanging, drawing and quartering etc..it will be interesting to see the response the next time a Nigerian or Iranian get done at swampy, will posters be making excuses for them as well one wonders ?

For the record I have no problem with the concept of legalising and controlling drugs...an adult should be given the choice, but I do have a problem with the concept that all smugglers are victims, granted there maybe some, but the vast majority know exactly what they are getting into and know the consequences, so from that perspective I have no sympathy for them, they played the game, took the risk and got caught..

• Like 1

Are calling for some hang-em high posts

Not at all, just quite suprised.. with stories like this, the usual lynch mob is normally out calling for immediate execution, hanging, drawing and quartering etc..it will be interesting to see the response the next time a Nigerian or Iranian get done at swampy, will posters be making excuses for them as well one wonders ?

For the record I have no problem with the concept of legalising and controlling drugs...an adult should be given the choice, but I do have a problem with the concept that all smugglers are victims, granted there maybe some, but the vast majority know exactly what they are getting into and know the consequences, so from that perspective I have no sympathy for them, they played the game, took the risk and got caught..

Not only can't ague with any of what you are saying but have to agree fully. But I still do think it sad that the folks that get caught up in being a mule are punished as severely (and caught much more often) then those who make their living in the drug trade. But the truth is we don't know the facts here .. she could be telling the truth (doubtful) and she could also be a key player in selling and distributing drugs and not just a mule or anything in between.

I think if I got caught in such a circumstance and wanted to try to lie my way out, I would claim I knew I was smuggling something but the person told me it was something less punishable like Rhino horns or something (bottom line is I would have a story ready). As somebody mentioned here, kind of hard to not notice and extra 4 kilos in an empty suitcase ... the only thing that makes me believe it might remotely be true is it is such a stupid story ... but then again am sure the police just released the gist of her excuse.

Not sure on the laws in Thailand but there are some states in the US were it doesn't even matter if you can prove you didn't know you had the drugs in your possesion. I believe it was Florida that just (in the news like last week) found it to be unconstitutional but there are still plenty of people sitting in jail who drove somebody else's car or something like that which turned out to have drugs in it.

You do wonder if they all pray to Buddha before the flight, hoping to not get caught. sad.png

Pray to Buddha or pray to Jesus, usually the same result

Buddhists don't pray to Buddha ... Buddha is not a God or a messenger of God but rather a human teacher. Assuming she knew she had drugs and depending if this person was a Buddhists and her personal beliefs and/or practices she probably prayed (closer to contemplated than prayer in Christianity) for Good Luck before she set out on her drug smuggling mission.

Edited by Nisa