Thai (Non Thai) Id Card For Permanent Residents

[/quote

I would try a laywer it's all about the money at the end of the day

Forget that. It is an immigration book, and I would have thought it the duty of the local office to obtain a new one for me.

At the end of the day I can always go to the main Immigration office in Bangkok, but would prefer not to.

[/quote

Forget that. It is an immigration book, and I would have thought it the duty of the local office to obtain a new one for me.

At the end of the day I can always go to the main Immigration office in Bangkok, but would prefer not to.

So how far have you come already sorry I have not read all the posts

Do u have a residency visa or have you obtained full citizenship

If you have for citizenship then he trip to bangkok to final everything might be worth it

I want to start the process myself so I am interested

[/quote

If you have for citizenship then he trip to bangkok to final everything might be worth it

Hmmm

My post number 59 (my first) clearly stated I was a PR holder and need a new PR blue book. If I had citizenship, it is unlikely I would need a new blue book.

[/quote

Hmmm

My post number 59 (my first) clearly stated I was a PR holder and need a new PR blue book. If I had citizenship, it is unlikely I would need a new blue book.

Correct. Some one who already has a blue book and becomes a Thai citizen retains the same blue book and ID number. Their nationality is altered in the blue book manually in red ink. Only those who become Thai without PR through being married to a Thai would have to upgrade from a yellow book to a blue one.

Correct. Some one who already has a blue book and becomes a Thai citizen retains the same blue book and ID number. Their nationality is altered in the blue book manually in red ink. Only those who become Thai without PR through being married to a Thai would have to upgrade from a yellow book to a blue one.

Your reference to blue books and yellow books suggests you are referring to house registration books

I am referring to the Certificate of Residence booklet (dark blue) originally issued by Bangkok Immigration confirming Thai Permanent residency.

post-34358-0-43723900-1381897055_thumb.j

Correct.  Some one who already has a blue book and becomes a Thai citizen retains the same blue book and ID number.  Their nationality is altered in the blue book manually in red ink.  Only those who become Thai without PR through being married to a Thai would have to upgrade from a yellow book to a blue one.

Your reference to blue books and yellow books suggests you are referring to house registration books

I am referring to the Certificate of Residence booklet (dark blue) originally issued by Bangkok Immigration confirming Thai  Permanent residency.

If your blue PR book is full, you can obtain a new one from CW immigration but this time the color will be white.

sent by skyaslimit using thaivisa forum mobile app.

I am a PR holder (23 years) and will try my district office and see whether I can obtain an ID card. May be difficult as the big boss has made it perfectly clear to all that he hates farangs.

Since this thread relates specifically to those of us with PR, can anyone assist me in how to obtain a new blue book, and alien registration booklet

The local immigration say they cannot provide a new blue book, whilst the local Police station have no knowledge of where to obtain alien registration books.. I need a new blue book by January, but the alien book can wait a year or 2.

Thanks for any info.

No need for a lawyer. Just go to the immigration office that issued the blue book. As has already been mentioned, they'll issue a new book but it will be white.

If you want to use a lawyer, please consider using my services. I'll do it at a special price of only THB 100,000 for you.

OK, I'll do it for THB 50,000 because we are ThaiVisa friends.

I am referring to the Certificate of Residence booklet (dark blue) originally issued by Bangkok Immigration confirming Thai Permanent residency.

Cert of Residence book is issued by Immigration. First one is blue. Once it is full, subsequent books are white and are termed duplicates - don't ask me why. Alien books are issued by your local police station. If you mean you have lost it, you will need to get Immigration to write a letter that they will send to your local police station confirming you are entitled to one. Otherwise just go to the cop shop every 5 years for an endorsement. You will need to show an up-to-date alien book (and tabien baan) to get a new Cert of Residence - Catch 22.

• 5 months later...

Cert of Residence book is issued by Immigration. First one is blue. Once it is full, subsequent books are white and are termed duplicates - don't ask me why. Alien books are issued by your local police station. If you mean you have lost it, you will need to get Immigration to write a letter that they will send to your local police station confirming you are entitled to one. Otherwise just go to the cop shop every 5 years for an endorsement. You will need to show an up-to-date alien book (and tabien baan) to get a new Cert of Residence - Catch 22.

I did finally obtain a renewal of my Thai Residents Book. As was said it is now white.

Had to go to Chang Wattana for this to apply, and return 4 days later to collect it. Fortunately completed just before the recent demonstartions.

Now my problem is with the Alien registration (red book). My local police station know nothing about these books and willingly stamp a new photo and sign where I tell them. They do seem to know however to collect 800baht!!!

My question is where/how to obtain a new Alien Registration Book

I did finally obtain a renewal of my Thai Residents Book. As was said it is now white.

Had to go to Chang Wattana for this to apply, and return 4 days later to collect it. Fortunately completed just before the recent demonstartions.

Now my problem is with the Alien registration (red book). My local police station know nothing about these books and willingly stamp a new photo and sign where I tell them. They do seem to know however to collect 800baht!!!

Are the pages of your current red book have exhausted already?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are the pages of your current red book have exhausted already?

Indeed they are.

The local Police Station have put the onus on me to obtain a new book, whereas it is of course up to them to provide one.

I visited my " amphur" yesterday, to give it a try again, they contacted the head office AGAIN, and confirms that the changes in the back of non-thai ID cards are under progress and they can issue me this ID, after these changes are finalized.

Sent from my A088 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I visited my " amphur" yesterday, to give it a try again, they contacted the head office AGAIN, and confirms that the changes in the back of non-thai ID cards are under progress and they can issue me this ID, after these changes are finalized.

Sent from my A088 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I visited Amphur Klaeng yesterday - they were pretty clueless, having never issued this ID Card to a foreign PR. After a call to the Director of BORA (Bureau of Registration Administration), seems the current position is:

* Problem is with Condition 3 on the back of the current ID Card - requirement to get permission before leaving the issuing area. This is relevant for foreign Lao/Cambodian/Burmese workers but not PR holders.

* New cards are being procured specifically for PRs which will not have that Condition. Timing is unsure, but maybe the new cards will be available "next year".

I've stuck a reminder in my diary to check on the status in October, and will provide an update then.

Interesting stuff - didn't know that foreign labourers and unskilled workers from Laos/Cambodia/Myanmar had travel restrictions placed on them.

No doubt in my mind that it would be in the best interest of both Thailand, and Retired Foreigners with Appropriate Visas, to have an ID Card. No need then to carry a passport...and many do not want to get a driver license.

Perhaps, in the future, the ID Card could make it easier to get stamped in for another year....so we do not have to go through the cycle of furnishing documents every year.

• Like 1

I went to Khet Prakanong this morning to apply for the card. All went well until they wanted to key in the data into the computer. The computer was showing pop-up messages like "Error - please contact vendor" and Windows "Exceptions" all over.

So they called to CW and to some friends at other Khets, but could not find any solution or workaround. They asked me whether I knew any other foreigner with PR and blue tabienbaan who recently got a pink ID, so that they can ask their colleagues at the respective Khet how they did that.

From this thread, I got:

Dork, Nonthaburi, March 2013

Michael Hare, Ubon Ratchthanee, Amphur?, august 2013

thaiowl, Pakkret, date?

Anybody else? I plan to give him the Khet or Amphur along with the month (but not your names), if you don't mind. He was really helpful and trying to find the solution.

Hi!

I asked my secretary to call the local office and they told her yes, its possible but sorry, they have a software problem that needs to be solved first in BKK,,, we should call again late this year... :-( Maybe early next year... great... The problem seemed to be the annex/exception on the back that allows PR holders to leave the district...

And now martial law... so nobody will care at all anymore ...

Hi!

I asked my secretary to call the local office and they told her yes, its possible but sorry, they have a software problem that needs to be solved first in BKK,,, we should call again late this year... :-( Maybe early next year... great... The problem seemed to be the annex/exception on the back that allows PR holders to leave the district...

And now martial law... so nobody will care at all anymore ...

Thanks for having your secretary call, much appreciated. Which province are you in?

Actually, this has nothing to do with martial law. Government offices work as usual.

• 4 weeks later...

So, Khet Prakanong called me two weeks ago and said they've figured it out, and I can come in and pick up my ID card. I was travelling though and could only go to the district office this morning.

All went well at first: Keying in the data (including blood group, for some reason), taking of thumb prints with an electronic scanner, and taking the photo.

Taking the photo apparently was the last thing, and all would have been finished, had there not been a newly-encountered software glitch: The next click by the officer resulted in an system error pop-up. Frantic phone calls (now, these guys were losing face) revealed that apparently the only guy at HQ who could help is overseas at the moment.

They had to send me home again with apologies, but without an ID card.

Story to be continued....

• Like 1

So, Khet Prakanong called me two weeks ago and said they've figured it out, and I can come in and pick up my ID card. I was travelling though and could only go to the district office this morning.

All went well at first: Keying in the data (including blood group, for some reason), taking of thumb prints with an electronic scanner, and taking the photo.

Taking the photo apparently was the last thing, and all would have been finished, had there not been a newly-encountered software glitch: The next click by the officer resulted in an system error pop-up. Frantic phone calls (now, these guys were losing face) revealed that apparently the only guy at HQ who could help is overseas at the moment.

Same story here, but they do told me that this glitch will be fixed ONLY after they change the conditions on the back of the card to accomodate PR holders.

Same story here, but they do told me that this glitch will be fixed ONLY after they change the conditions on the back of the card to accomodate PR holders.

At which Province/Amphur or Khet was this?

I am planning to keep calling the Center at 02-791-7319 politely but weekly and ask when this will be fixed. Let's keep each others updated.

I am planning to keep calling the Center at 02-791-7319 politely but weekly and ask when this will be fixed. Let's keep each others updated.

Though I live in bkk, my thabian baan is in Korat, I tried last year twice and again in april this year, with the same glitch as you encountered, I will keep you posted.

Though I live in bkk, my thabian baan is in Korat, I tried last year twice and again in april this year, with the same glitch as you encountered, I will keep you posted.

Thanks. Let's keep each other posted.

• 4 weeks later...

When applying for a mortgage, the bank first insisted that I need the pink ID card, as Bank of Thailand (Credit Bureau) requires it. I told them the District Office cannot issue them because of a computer problem. They said I need a letter from the DO confirming that. DO refused, so I had the bank call them. So, DO said they should use the tabien bahn instead.

Will keep you updated.

A 5 year Thai drivers license serves the same purpose.

Was charged only the Thai price for some parks/recreation nearby by showing the license. Otherwise, it would have been quite a bit higher.

Go to Gaeng Krachan National Park, and you will still pay the foreigner's price with the driving licence.

• 2 weeks later...