Horoscopes

khall64au

There is one horoscope website that I've found that usually rings true to me ... some days a lot more than others. I usually check at night to see what the next day will "bring" - more for entertainment than anything else. Sometimes it's like OMG - that is so eerily accurate! Strangely enough for me it's the Yahoo horoscope.

Do any other ladies (or welcome male guests who frequent ladies forum) get into horoscopes that are more often than not accurate with your current life parallel? It doesn't matter where we live in the world as our birth/ year date follows our life plan and pattern.

I have followed astrology/ horoscopes all my life and find it can be encouraging at times. What do you think? :o

My gf read out a horoscope to me the other day, I think in the Guru magazine, coz she thought hers and mine were pretty accurate. I had a look and picked a few other ones to read as well, some of which made not much sense, the others also accurate, coz so easy to read into them what you want to read right? I'm sure they are written with that in mind. :o

Also, funny how people always read an accurate horoscope and believe in it, but when they read one that doesn't ring true, ignore it and wait for the next 'real one'. :D

Rather to believe on a daily basis horoscopo, I believe in what your horoscopo sing can tell about your personality. I am aquarious and Dragon in the Chinise horoscopo and I can find some matching characteristics in myself when reading any of the profiles. However the ascendant is also very important...mine is Taurous...

Well I have to believe my mum is a palm reader so I´ve got all these staff about horoscopo, tarot...(not black magic) at home... :o

Rather to believe on a daily basis horoscopo, I believe in what your horoscopo sing can tell about your personality. I am aquarious and Dragon in the Chinise horoscopo and I can find some matching characteristics in myself when reading any of the profiles. However the ascendant is also very important...mine is Taurous...

Well I have to believe my mum is a palm reader so I´ve got all these staff about horoscopo, tarot...(not black magic) at home... :o

I have a horoscope writing friend and always tell her I do not believe in anything like this :D .

But it seems that a horoscope reflects the life cycle of ups and downs. Looking at my life cycles some truth can be found.

The chinese horoscopes are really matching the characteristics of individuals.

Try and find out in specific business situations what happened and you will find out what was matching :D .

Do you mean newspaper horoscopes or Astrology?

I have been interested in Astrology for many years, it is a complex subject.

I am doubtful if predictions can be made but 'trends' are indicated.

The Swiss Psychologist Carl Gustav Jung would have a chart drawn up if he had

difficulty assessing a patient's neurosis. It usually showed up in the chart.

Astromoners at one time were also Astrologers, Sir Isaac Newton being the most

famous. It is only during modern times that Astrology has been discredited.

Edited by Hermano Lobo

• 3 weeks later...

I tend not to follow normal horoscopes but Chinese Astrology is another matter all-together. I have been reading about and studying Chinese Astrology for about 8 years now. Every time I find out what one of my friends or family members Chinese sign are, I am amazed at how accurate it is. I also was born under the sign of Dragon, Oct 9th 1976. Did you know that each person in Chinese Astrology is not only a certain animal, but has one of five elements attached to them as well with the elements being Fire, Water, Earth, Metal & Wood? I was born a Fire Dragon which kind of doubles up all of my fiery traits.

I tend not to follow normal horoscopes but Chinese Astrology is another matter all-together. I have been reading about and studying Chinese Astrology for about 8 years now. Every time I find out what one of my friends or family members Chinese sign are, I am amazed at how accurate it is. I also was born under the sign of Dragon, Oct 9th 1976. Did you know that each person in Chinese Astrology is not only a certain animal, but has one of five elements attached to them as well with the elements being Fire, Water, Earth, Metal & Wood? I was born a Fire Dragon which kind of doubles up all of my fiery traits.

Wow, where did you learn all this? Most of the books I have seen are crap that suburbanites buy to feel worldly.

I find it hard to believe that one in twelve people on the planet are going to have the same kind of day as me.

Mind you, a lot of people believe. In India, under the marriage ads, every single advert ends with "please include horoscope".

Did you send-in yours, Sir Burr :o ?

LaoPo

Wow, where did you learn all this? Most of the books I have seen are crap that suburbanites buy to feel worldly.

I learned it by reading books and studying it for the past 8 years like I said. There are many books written on this subject and also many websites nowadays for it.

I learned it by reading books and studying it for the past 8 years like I said. There are many books written on this subject and also many websites nowadays for it.

I guess I will have to snoop around some more. I admit it was been years since I last tried to learn about the subject.

Maybe you people who study astrology should also study phrenology. It will compliment the astrological knowledge you already have.

Phrenology, what is that?

Thanks to Wikipedia:

""

Phrenology

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 19th century Phrenology chartPhrenology (from Greek: φρην, phrēn, "mind"; and λογος, logos, "study") is a theory which claims to be able to determine character, personality traits, and criminality on the basis of the shape of the head (reading "bumps"). Developed by German physician Franz Joseph Gall around 1800, and very popular in the 19th century, it is now discredited as a pseudoscience.

Phrenology has however received credit as a protoscience for having contributed to medical science the ideas that the brain is the organ of the mind and that certain brain areas have localized, specific functions.

Its principles were that the brain is the organ of the mind, and that mind has a set of different mental faculties, each particular faculty being represented in a different part or organ of the brain. These areas are proportional to a given individual's propensities and importance of a mental faculty, and the overlying skull bone reflects these differences.

Phrenology, which focuses on personality and character, is to be distinguished from craniometry, which is the study of skull size, weight and shape, and physiognomy, the study of facial features. However, these fields have all claimed the ability to predict traits or intelligence. They were once intensively practised in anthropology/ethnology and sometimes utilised to "scientifically" justify racism. While some principles of phrenology are well-established today, the basic premise that personality is determined by skull shape is largely considered to be false.

""""""

...for what it's worth :o

Hmmm, just had a look in the mirror and looked at the shape of my own skull...looked all right, I guess, but have to admit that I need a haircut :D:D or were it the 'bumps' on my head? :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo