Cheapest Guesthouses In Yangoon, Mandalay, Bagan, Inle, Etc..

kian

Hi, i am going to Myanmar for 3 week trip next month, and this question is about inexpensive accomodation, about $10/night or less, i don't mind the condition of the room, for example Air con, TV, etc.. i don't want, or need, just a fan, and clean sheets and not a noisy, or smelly environment is OK for me, i don't want any breakfast, or bathroom in my room either, i have a sleeping bag, and i don't mind using it as a sheet, if the bed has bugs. I have experience with bad rooms in India.

Cheap, relatively quiet, central guesthouse, near vegetarian food options

Yangoon:

Mahabandoola Guest House - ( 5 USD)

01-248104

No 93 , Mahabandoola st, yangoon

Room No. 453/459 ( 2nd Floor)

Building No. 93, Corner of Maha Bandoola Road and 32nd Street, Near Sule Pagoda, Yangon.

Telephone (place) : 248104

Telephone (Moblie / BOSS) : 09-54-11-368

Tokyo gh 200 Bo Aung Kyaw St.

Yangon GH: 317 Bosunpat St.

Garden GH?

Do you know any other guesthouses in Yangoon and elsewhere, that you have personally stayed in? I realize accomodation is a problem in Myanmar, but i am looking for the lower end rooms, perhaps fewer people want to spend their holiday in barely adequete rooms, but i can manage it. I haven't booked any accomodation, i usually never do.

In Bagan, apparently old Bagan is not a good place to stay, as I've heard, do you know guesthouses, near bus station, or new town?

Inle GH

Canal side:

W part of town. From the market, go W until you reach the canal

Shwe Hin Tha(Golden duck): N from MTT, T29140,

f ab No view $3/5, with view $5/8 HW bf C2 Rooms are old, not so clean but one of the cheapest options with attached bathrooms. Wonderful views from the terrace especially at sunset. They have recently opened another GH opposite the canal with even better views at sunset.

h3 Gipsy: Opposite MTT, W of town, next to the canal used by tourists.T29144, f ab $5/10 HW bf C4 Basic, small rooms. Helpful, friendly staff. Rental bike available Rec

S part of town:

From the market go S and pass a temple and turn right at the second corner, except h5

h5 Mingara Hotel: S of town After passing a temple, 2nd corner turn left. T29198, f sb $4/6, ab $5/8 HW bf C2 One of the cheapest options. Rooms are basic.

*some information is outdated