Mother Alleges Daughter, 9, Assaulted By A Village Shopowner

Lite Beer

Mother alleges daughter, 9, raped by a village shopowner

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-19179obhbweHSukIauVCtywUZYgDYhy.jpg

The nine-year-old girl sits at the Damrongtham Center this morning. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

phuket-4-19179gDpoDbRkyAZljuIANIZvGAwten.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Somkiet Sangkaosuttirak was at the Damrongtham Center in person to receive the complaint. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: A single mother lodged a complaint with the Phuket Damrongtham Center (Provincial Ombudsman’s Office) this morning, citing Tah Chat Chai Police inaction over the alleged rape of her 9-year-old daughter by a neighbour.

The Damrongtham Center received the complaint against Lt Col Rassada Kluengwong of Tah Chat Chai Police Station, claiming dereliction of duty in the investigation of the alleged rape case.

Speaking to the Phuket Gazette, the woman, who for legal reasons cannot be named, said that the incident occurred in a village in Mai Khao, at the north end of Phuket, on October 7.

“The small village shop that I own had run out of some items so I sent my daughter to a nearby shop to buy them. When she came back she was acting normally and didn’t say anything was wrong, so I didn’t guess anything bad had happened.

“After that another neighbour came to me and told me a shocking story,” said the mother.

“She told me that she had gone to the store and found nobody there. She waited and after a while saw the shopowner walk in, still zipping up his trousers. He was followed by my daughter who she saw pulling up her shorts.”

The mother immediately took her daughter to Tah Chat Chai Police Station to report the incident before taking her to Thalang Hospital for an examination.

“The result of the medical examination was that she had been raped,” the mother claimed.

“I asked my daughter if she had been raped and she admitted it that it had happened. She told me that the man threatened her to not tell anyone, but once he found out that I knew he came to my store asking me not to make a big deal of it and offered me some money.

“The reason I am here today is that I don’t want him to get away with it. I am afraid that he may rape my daughter again or someone else,” she said.

Phuket Vice Governor Somkiet Sangkaosuttirak was at the Damrongtham Center in person to receive the complaint.

He promised to appoint a committee to investigate the complaint.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Mother-alleges-daughter-9-raped-by-a-village-shopowner-19179.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-15

Why the need to appoint a committee unless it is to whitewash the case although this could be their quick go to answer for everything. Surely police investigation along with medical report & witness accounts are standard procedure to bring charges.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 1

Why the need to appoint a committee unless it is to whitewash the case although this could be their quick go to answer for everything. Surely police investigation along with medical report & witness accounts are standard procedure to bring charges.

The committee is not there to investigate the alleged rape but to investigate the non-action by police.

What is sick is the police have seemly done little other than taking a report, in a week. Then to top it off, a committee is to be formed to investigate. Sounds like the accused is trying to spread some money around so this will go away.

If the facts are accurate, hospital exam, admission by the first sicko, verbal confirmation, etc a van may be required to take guilty and others involved to court and jail.

Sending a committee why for a vote? They have medical proof, a witness, Mom and daughters testimony. In most countries that equals a charge and then an arrest followed up with going to court. My guess is he is the biggest shop owner and personal friends of the Phuket mafia/government. If it was a farlang he would have been already sitting in the pokey awaiting trial. Just an observation I could be wrong.

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess, that this happens quite often in Thailand and the reason these pedophiles get away with it is because of graft. Pay off the local police, no problems. This crap has got to stop. It goes agains't both civil rights and moral rights.

Phuket Police rebuke rape inaction claim

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The Phuket police officer accused of inaction in the investigation of the alleged rape of a 9-year-old girl has rebuked the claim, saying that the mother of the child knew that the suspect had been charged and subsequently released on court bail.

The mother even saw him personally last Friday before filing her complaint at the Damrongtham Center (Provincial Ombudsman’s Office) yesterday morning, Lt Col Rassada Kluengwong of Tah Chat Chai Police Station told the Phuket Gazette.

“We arrested the man and charged him with rape on October 8, the day after the mother reported the incident to the police,” Col Rassada explained.

“Once we arrested the suspect and filed the charge against him, we transferred him to Phuket Provincial Court. The mother and the victim were questioned by the Public Prosecutor, which means the initial legal steps have already been completed,” said Lt Col Rassada.

Police are now waiting for confirmation of the results of the victim’s physical examination.

“Thalang Hospital [which conducted the initial examination] sent samples to a laboratory in Bangkok to confirm the results that the girl was raped,” Col Rassada said.

“However, I do not know which laboratory it is. When the hospital receives the results, they will let us know and we will attach the report to the case file to be sent to the prosecutor for continue legal action,” he explained.

Col Rassada confirmed that the suspect has been freed on court bail.

“I am not sure how much the suspect was granted bail for. I heard it was 300,000 baht. The bail was granted after consideration by the court. I had no part in that decision as police do not have authority at that level,” he added

Col Rassada told the Gazette he was confused by the complaint against him.

“Last Friday, October 12, the mother and a Phu Yai Baan [village chief], who is also a civil defense volunteer, came to see me at the police station. I explained to them how the case is going.

“I talked to her to make sure that she understood the situation. She said she did. Before she left, she even smiled and it seemed like she fully understood the process,” he said.

“I have no idea why she filed a complaint at the Damrongtham Center or why she took her daughter there as well, as it will only affect the girl,” he added.

Col Rassada did express concern about whether or not the suspect had threatened any people involved in the case.

“If any threats have been made, she should have filed a complaint to the court to rescind the bail of the suspect instead of filing a complaint at the Damrongtham Center,” he said.

“By law, if a suspect threatens witnesses of the plaintiffs, the plaintiffs have the right to file a complaint to the court asking to rescind the bail of the suspect,” Col Rassada added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...laim-19183.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-16

Does 'The Governor' always receive complaints of rape personally ?

Or is he up for re-election ?

Again, can nobody here read? The complaint and committee is not about the rape but about the alleged lack of investigation. That alleged lack of investigation has now been refuted by the police.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

Even policemen found guilty and convicted of murder get bail but if you are an old man who cannot prove that you didn't send lese majeste emails you do go to jail and are rufused bail in case you flee the country. Then when you convicted, found guilty and sentenced to a long period in jail nobody believes that you are ill so you die there.

Strange old country Thailand, isn't it?

Sending a committee why for a vote? They have medical proof, a witness, Mom and daughters testimony. In most countries that equals a charge and then an arrest followed up with going to court. My guess is he is the biggest shop owner and personal friends of the Phuket mafia/government. If it was a farlang he would have been already sitting in the pokey awaiting trial. Just an observation I could be wrong.

See the latest information, you are wrong.

Does 'The Governor' always receive complaints of rape personally ?

Or is he up for re-election ?

It was the Vice Governor and he was there to receive a complaint of alleged inaction by the police I believe. Try reading reports properly.

Anyone on Phuket familiar with that village? Should not be difficult to find the shop in question and its owner.

With a view to what? Vigilante justice? There was never any mystery about where the shop was or who the owner was.