Poll: Obama Leading Romney 49% To 46% Ahead Of Second Debate

News_Editor

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm genuinely worried about romney becoming president, i think he's the worst candidate america has had for decades.

It sounds like the Obama campaign's character assassination ads are working with some people. That was their strategy no matter who the Republican nominee would have been

Edited by Ulysses G.

i'm genuinely worried about romney becoming president, i think he's the worst candidate america has had for decades.

It sounds like the Obama campaign character assassination ads are working with some people. That was their strategy no matter who the Republican nominee would have been

i genuinely, hand on heart haven't watched one ad from either side, not one.

it's my opinion based on what i've seen of the guy, simple as that.

Edited by nurofiend

Yeah, they need to attack, but Romney is answering more concretely & substantively especially on energy, Obama is relying on generalities., OMG, and Romney just bitch slapped Obama on federal leases, Obama backed down and Romney in control.

Edited by keemapoot

Obama comes off as desperate to me, but I'm not sure how this is going play. They look like they are about to have a fistfight and neither one is bothering with the fake smiles. So much for being likeable.

Obama is now channeling Biden and purposely smirking and snickering on the split screen.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There are lies, dam_ned lies, and statistics.

Funny, but the two most respected polls in the US have it the other way around.

http://www.gallup.co...ines - Politics

Romney 50%, Obama 46% Among Likely Voters

Obama down sharply among men, college grads, and Southern voters vs. 2008

http://www.examiner....oll-for-tuesday

Romney 49% to Obama 47%: Rasmussen daily tracking poll for Tuesday

This is a far, far stronger showing by Obama in my opinion.

We agree on that part of your statement.

Now that they have calmed down, it is difficult to tell who is "winning", but it is only half way through and neither one is going to take any guff. .

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well, as it's winding down, both are losing steam, and I call it a draw, without seeing closing arguments. I suppose this may be a precursor for the final debate as well. So, I don't see any net gain for either, but certainly Obama has shored up his image, and stopped any negatives. I'm not sure we'll see any bump for anybody. Looks like a race to the finish in battleground states and electoral college as it doesn't probably matter who wins the popular vote slightly.

I agree. I would call it another draw, but Obama might take a real hit on his likeability. They were both POed and you could see it in their faces, but I thought that Obama came off worse in that regard. He was very defensive.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think they both lost. Both hardly answered questions. If I had to pick a winner, I'd give a slight edge to Obama...maybe because he was better than the first debate.

Again, I watched on CNN with the real-time uncommitted voter graph at the bottom and both went negative when they ignored the mod to move on. Interesting enough, Obama went negative as soon as he brought up the 47% so that didn't work well.

When Romney was answering about immigration, out of nowhere he starts talking about personal foreign investments? Where'd that come from? It is 5:30 AM where I am so maybe I nodded off.

Edited by koheesti

I agree. I would call it another draw, but Obama might take a real hit on his likeability. They were both POed and you could see it in their faces, but I thought that Obama came off worse in that regard. He was very defensive.

I don't think it impacted Obama's likeability at all. However, Romney's closing was good in that he was able to get personal, but again, not enough to sway anybody I think. They were both ready to tear each other's throats out for sure...

I'm certain the takeaway about all this, after all the noise and spin, is that this debate was NOT a draw, but a moderate win for Obama. However, that is not the same thing as a certainty that the momentum that Romney got from the first debate will be reversed now. On that, I think it could go either way. I think it's very clear now neither man will have a cake walk. It's going to be close and down to the wire.

Edited by Jingthing

Listening to post game, Greenfield says that if this had been Obama's performance in the first debate, this election would already be put away. Good point. If Obama goes on to lose this election he can only blame himself for allowing Romney to gain on him because of his poor first debate performance.

• Like 1

RT @CBSNews: BREAKING: CBS NEWS INSTANT POLL Who won debate? OBAMA: 37%; ROMNEY: 30%, TIE: 33% (Margin of Error: 4 pts.) http://CBSNews.com

In Obama's town hall debate against McCain, 55% said he won so if this debate had come first I don't think his people would be so thrilled with the result. But coming after the first debate debacle 37% is a victory.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

Obama targeted women and Ohio and he achieved his goal of shoring up their support. Romney was weak on his women issues responses iin respect to the pay equity issue (Ledbetter), contraception and his nonsensical comment about women in his cabinet. Romney poured more cold water onto Obama in respect to the economy, and on that he padded his lead. Romney blundered on Libya walking into the minefield. I know some commentators are saying he blew an opportunity, on the contrary I think he showed smarts by cutting his losses and backing off. Romney needs to watch himself on his record in Massachusetts, because he is not popular in that state and for a self proclaimed success he is out of the running in the commonwealth.

I'd hate to be the person that has to do their laundry. They must have sweated through their shirts something awful. High stress event and I sort of feel sorry that they have to go through this. It is a bit undignified, and brings to mind that dvd series called bumfights.

Just watched the 2nd debate..............who supplied Obama with all the caffeine and Red Bull?

No one. He was fired by decenc

RT @CBSNews: BREAKING: CBS NEWS INSTANT POLL Who won debate? OBAMA: 37%; ROMNEY: 30%, TIE: 33% (Margin of Error: 4 pts.) http://CBSNews.com

In Obama's town hall debate against McCain, 55% said he won so if this debate had come first I don't think his people would be so thrilled with the result. But coming after the first debate debacle 37% is a victory.

You must be beside yourself after Mr. Obama's endorsement of free enterprise and self reliance. So much for his alleged Marxist credentials . cheesy.gif

So after three debates Obama/Biden have gotten about 10 minutes more talking time. I wonder if that trend will continue with the 3rd and final debate?

Amid persistent complaints and interruptions from both candidates, President Obama ultimately got more than three extra minutes of speaking time than Mitt Romney during Tuesday's debate.

According to CNN's timekeeping, Obama got 44:04 minutes of speaking time, while Romney got 40:50.

• Like 1

You must be beside yourself after Mr. Obama's endorsement of free enterprise and self reliance. So much for his alleged Marxist credentials . cheesy.gif

No one in that debate hall or across the country bought that one. Obama, Mr. Handout, is for "self-reliance"? A clear Obama lie, so large, no one will pay attention to it. It would be as if claimed to be a tree...no one would go to any length to debunk his claim.

Edited by koheesti

This one could be the big one. With Obama losing the first one, this may decide things in this close race:

Maybe. Because of the townhall format, it is unlikely that there will be a clear victor. I am wondering if it will all rest on debate 3 which is pretty much the same as the first debate, but concentrates on foreign policy. However, all eyes will be on this debate for sure.

There was a clear victor - and he's the one that does not have "binders full of women"