Poll: Obama Leading Romney 49% To 46% Ahead Of Second Debate

News_Editor

I think Christie's praise shows the country what a principled man he is. As he said yesterday, he doesn't care one bit about presidential politics now, his state has been devastated. Christie's trust level with the American people must be shooting through the roof. His praise of Obama shows he can be trusted, including on the other things he has said about Obama as well.

I don't doubt one bit Christie's sincerity about his home state, but at the same time I think he's seen a BIG opening for his future and has gone for it. I think he will run in 2016, but as a republican or democrat, who knows???

Simple really:

- Support Obama (and be lauded as bi-partisan)- help him win and Obama has to retire in 2016. Christie can run then.

- Support Romney (and be chastised as bringing politics into it)- Romney potentially wins - Christie is stuck as governor till at least 2020?

In politics - always back self interest. Christie has.

The only problem with that analysis is by helping Obama win, it makes it unlikely that Christie can obtain his party's nomination in 2016.

Yeah, even aside from that valid point I think it sounds a neat strategy in theory but in reality no so simply executed.

And besides it won't work at all if Pres. Obama winds up doing an amazing job in his 2nd term (CUE...)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. But "blowing smoke" would be a kind description of what a few people on this thread (yourself among them) have spent a lot of time doing on this thread.

You better include yourself in that statement if you want to be taken at all seriously. laugh.png

Don't care if I'm taken seriously. But I've not made one single post even suggesting who was going to win, let alone predicting it or confidently declaring it.

I have not predicted who is going to win because I don't know who is going to win - which is what I have said repeatedly - but predicting who is going to win is not the only way to blow smoke and you are just as guilty of blowing smoke as anyone else on the thread.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Upon seious reflection I take back all I have said about Romney being a fraud, huxter and charlatan on the grounds that I believe that he really does not know that it is what he is doing.

Does a Cadillac salesman know what he is saying and doing? He'll use all his charm, adapting to how he perceives you. If you're dressed in biz suit with shiny shoes, he'll speak to you as a smart businessman. If you're dressed in tie-died t-shirt with your shoulder length hair all in tangles, he'll speak to you as if you're both two ol' hippies. He's quite adaptable, and quite good at charming his way to getting what he wants. In this case a Cadillac sale. If you tell him you can't afford it, he'll say, with an endearing grin; "No problem. Buy this car and I can almost guarantee you'll have a better job in no time." "Buy it, and with the economy bound to improve, your payments will come down to almost nothing."

Edited by maidu
  • Like 1

Indeed. But "blowing smoke" would be a kind description of what a few people on this thread (yourself among them) have spent a lot of time doing on this thread.

You better include yourself in that statement if you want to be taken at all seriously. laugh.png

Don't care if I'm taken seriously. But I've not made one single post even suggesting who was going to win, let alone predicting it or confidently declaring it.

I have not predicted who is going to win because I don't know who is going to win - which is what I have said repeatedly, but predicting who is going to win is not the only way to blow smoke and you are just as guilty of blowing smoke as anyone else on the thread.

The quote about blowing smoke was in reference to predictions of winners, yes? I think you've done that more than once but perhaps I'm mistaken (if I were home I might even check). I'll certainly not accuse you of lying without some evidence of it.

As for what I'm guilty of -- that is so imprecise (and ad hom) that I can neither admit nor deny. I've not made a single post that you have successfully refuted because I deal in fact or opinions that are clearly expressed as such. And again -- I'm not even close to being as biased and bigoted as you and a few others. Indeed I'd venture that my bias is quite limited given that I prdie myself for my largely successful effort at objectivity and in this debate about candidates it's easy to be more objective becasue my feelings for and against are so reserved and conditional.

So blowing smoke? How so? Whatever...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

The first poll results are in about Obama's handling of the storm from Washington Post-ABC News (radical far left Obama media), and they show that nearly 8 of 10 likely voters said Mr. Obama’s response had been “excellent” or “good." Christie, who would know best, characterized Obama's performance as "outstanding," and I think some Romney supporters on this forum characterized Obama's performance in less glowing terms such as "adequate" or "competent."

Any way you parse the language from this disasters spells a win for Obama. I admit this was a fluke. His being out of the campaign for 3 days also sends the right message, whereas Romney has been caught flat-footed. Not his fault, nothing Romney could really do differently. Will this make any difference in the election? I think so, yes.

I did catch Christie giving Obama credit on net news. I expect on Fox they are coming out with stuff like "yeah, maybe he called Christie at midnight but he used the wrong finger to enter the numbers on the phone" or "it was an accident, he had meant to call Columbus Pizza to get a delivery but pushed the wrong speed-dial button."

The only problem with that analysis is by helping Obama win, it makes it unlikely that Christie can obtain his party's nomination in 2016.

He might get the Democrats nomination though and maybe he got a Putin 'whisper' from Obama.

Looks like the sort of bloke who will eat at both McDonalds and Burger King. wink.png

I think Christie's praise shows the country what a principled man he is. As he said yesterday, he doesn't care one bit about presidential politics now, his state has been devastated. Christie's trust level with the American people must be shooting through the roof. His praise of Obama shows he can be trusted, including on the other things he has said about Obama as well.

I don't doubt one bit Christie's sincerity about his home state, but at the same time I think he's seen a BIG opening for his future and has gone for it. I think he will run in 2016, but as a republican or democrat, who knows???

Simple really:

- Support Obama (and be lauded as bi-partisan)- help him win and Obama has to retire in 2016. Christie can run then.

- Support Romney (and be chastised as bringing politics into it)- Romney potentially wins - Christie is stuck as governor till at least 2020?

In politics - always back self interest. Christie has.

Sure Christie is never going to give an explicit endoresment - that would send the teabaggers off the edge. All the needs to say is that the President has done a swell job in the past week (which he seems to have), exit stage left and no-one can finger him of doing anything to help Obama.

He might get the Democrats nomination though and maybe he got a Putin 'whisper' from Obama.

Looks like the sort of bloke who will eat at both McDonalds and Burger King. wink.png

Well, if he's invited to the White House, I'm sure he'll enjoy some of that Obama Honey Ale beer. If Romney is elected, the sinful beer-making enterprise would be dismantled and burned on day one. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Source about the donations? Not Media Matters is it?

Mitt Romney Staged His Own "Relief Rally" By Buying $5,000 Worth of Donation Props

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/19290

Rather embarrassing article....

What makes it all even more ridiculous is the fact that the Red Cross didn't even want the items that Romney's campaign collected. They'd have been better served with a $5,000 donations. Of course that wouldn't be as nice of a photo op as standing by a table overflowing with canned goods

cheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1