How Long Will Veneers Take?

sven7

I'm looking to fly over to Thailand from California to get some veneers done, probably 8, and was wondering how long I would have to stay in Thailand to have the procedure completed. I have a limited amount of time to have it done.

I was also thinking about having laser eye surgery while I was over there. Is that a bit much doing both in the same span of time?

Also, any recommendations on where to go for veneers? Also, is there somewhere that might do both, or be near one another?

Thanks!

Edited by sven7

I got 4 done + 2 crowns, start to finish about 5 days, and two visits done at Bangkok Pattaya hosptial, not the cheapest, but a great job by Dr Nid Khanittha, one of the problems you may have will be getting an appointment with her, obviously she needs to look first will tell you how long, but on the fitting day be prepared for quite a long day, I was in and out the chair for 6 hours...laugh.png

If your teeth are worn because you grind your teeth of a night when you sleep, she will also suggest you get "gum shield" to use at night when you sleep, as persistant grinding can end up breaking out the veneers, BTW its not scam to extract more money from you, it is legit..wink.png

On the eye surgery, guess you can have a look at the same hosptial, they do it....you may even get a package deal...eyes and teeth...you can ask..

Edited by Soutpeel

Rutnin is one of the best eye hospitals in LOS, it is located in Sukhumvit 21 ( Asoke ) check them out http://www.rutnin.com/eng/contact.php. On the same street just 5 minute away by cap you will also find one of the best dentists in LOS, Bangkok Smile Dental. Here you go http://www.thailanddentalcenter.com/

As far as i remember, they always ask for 7 days doesnt matter if its veneers , crowns or dentures. As for laser eye surgery, never tried one yet but thinking of having it done soon, really bored of this pair of glasses.

I got dry eye syndrome which I can only presume was because of LASIK surgery.

You don't want it.

I was told I had a bout 25% of the normal tear cover.

It seems to be about the glands secreting oil from the lids which oil covers the tear and stops it evaporating.

First thing I have to do anytime I wake up day or night is eye drops.

Google this and find out the stats this was not so discussed when I had it done it in fact

I was not warned in any way before surgery here in CM though I think the issue was known back then about 9 years ago.

Edited by cheeryble

Here's a link.

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/dryeye.htm

Looks like this has become a big deal.

As well as uncomfortably dry eyes from sleeping I am very sensitive to smoke indeed and cannot possibly wear contacts any more if I need to in future.(your eyes do not stop slowly deteriorating, but you can wear much thinner glasses just for reading).

Shame, because the change in vision is wonderful.

Despite this quite serious setback, The change in vision after LASIK is amazing. If you do decide to go ahead, consider one eye being a slghttly shorter focus than the other. (This happened to me unplanned, they normally make both eyes OK for mid distance.) The eyes will automatically switch to focus on long or short, it is not in the least uncomfortable, but very useful.

Edited by cheeryble

To baslance things I should point out that many, many TV members (myself inckluded) had lasix with great resuklts. Much does depend on who does it, and it should nto be attempted on the cheap. Good places will thoroughly inform of all possible risks (inckluding dry eyes) and give you the stats as well as estimate the percentage odds of various outcomes for your particular eyes, with nio hard sell at ll. TRSC is the best place forthis IMO. But you should plan on being around for about 2 weeks if posisble.

Veneers on the other hand usually a one day procedure.