First Time To Krabi

:o:D Harry Herb. You beat me to it. Does she want someone to go for her?

Not sure, leisurely, depends on what cocktails they serve :D . Make mine a Mojito - do you think they have those? :D

Isabella is just the inquisitive sort..... :D

Thanks for the info.

By the way do you know if Ao Nang Beach or Noppharat Beach has restaurants or bars right on the beach in order to get a drink and watch during sunset?

Good grief, YES!! Both do, as you have already asked and been told. The Last Fisherman on Ao Nang Beach and Luna Bar on Nopparat Thara. Any basic web search (Google /Thai Visa) will turn up this sort of information e.g. about weather and places to stay - why not try this before posting (and re-posting) such questions? Pure laziness?

I want to get new updates from Ao Nang and of course is not laziness.

I'm a member and it's my right to ask question whenever I want.

If it helps I stayed at the Vogue Pranang Bay Resort & Spa, we booked the hooneymoon room and it was very very nice.The facilities are good and the wife loved the spa treatment,Didn't think much to the nightlife but was nice to sit having a meal on the evening down by the water and its good for day trips to the Islands.

:o EPG.

Pra Nang is very nice scenery. But I am always a little disturbed by the water taxi to get there. Many of them do not provide any life jackets at all. Last time I was traveling with my brother and his little daughter of 4 years old. There was no life jacket at all and on the way the boat hit a high tide caused by another speeding taxi boat and the boat almost turned over with tons of water rushing in the boat. The little kid almost got thrown out into the sea by the shaking. I almost fell over board as well. If the boat had turned over, I think without a life jacket I won't be here anymore.

So I think we as tourists who spend huge money for this country and help the Thai economy need to protest the total lack of concern for our safety in this nation.

In thailand nobody is responsible for you only yourself.

If you see a taxi boat without life jackets don't get in.

If a song theaw is speeding, get out.

If you drive a motorbike wear a helmet.

If you go swimming check yourself if it is known for rip currents.

etc.etc.etc...

Never expect someone will be responsible and absolutely not accountable if something happens to you.

If you spend your holiday more aware of this things should be fine.

If you accept danger to you then that is what you do, you accept it and it will not change the behavior of the one who is offering the service.

Take your watertaxi as an example, if nobody gets on board because there are no life jackets, there will be livejackets instantly. I don't accept it, and i do get my lifejackets or take another taxi or means of transportation, especially with children.

Same in other situations. Don't accept it. It is the only way to change things because it will be bad business and they will loose money. Only thing they understand.

And ask everything you need to know BEFORE.

Not complain afterwards.

It is not how things work here.

edit: typos

Edited by Khun Jean
Pra Nang is very nice scenery. But I am always a little disturbed by the water taxi to get there. Many of them do not provide any life jackets at all. Last time I was traveling with my brother and his little daughter of 4 years old. There was no life jacket at all and on the way the boat hit a high tide caused by another speeding taxi boat and the boat almost turned over with tons of water rushing in the boat. The little kid almost got thrown out into the sea by the shaking. I almost fell over board as well. If the boat had turned over, I think without a life jacket I won't be here anymore.

So I think we as tourists who spend huge money for this country and help the Thai economy need to protest the total lack of concern for our safety in this nation.

Thanks Expataz and Malmo it helps me of course

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's just me ..... but Ao Nang sucks as a "beach" but is great as a place to have a hotel. In 4 trips there I have only seen a few Thai kids playing in the water there. No one on the beach there.

That being said ; I stay at Ao nang 50% of the time. Had Raileh is the place for the beach .... only good beach in the area! Ao Nang is "tour central" for Krabi ... where most speedboats etc go out from and as such is a great Place to base yourself out of ... It also has a stunning view of the bay itself.

Had Raileh has 2 sides to it (it's a peninsula) accessible by water taxi from Ao nang cheaply. One side is kinda nasty .... a mangrove area with cheap housing ... the other side is NICE!

In addition to this website you should gooogle ... look at the thorntree at lonely planet's website and get an LP Guide.

I love Krabi Resort at Ao Nang. It has been there 25 years!!!! Once you are inside the complex you feel really protected. Great pool, all rooms have aircon, TV, hot water and the buffet breakfast is brilliant. Views superb too.