Where Are The Best Pubs In Lampang?

deeks

Just moved from Aus to live with the mia,been visting over the last 10 years and worked hard together to build our new home about 50k south of Lampang in SoemNgam. Anyway just wanted to know if anyones interested in having a drink.I dont want to be the only farrang sitting in a bar.

There are lots more but nobody wants those wanke_rs in Chiangmai to find out.

Not that 'wanke_rs' would be assed to trundle all that way in the first place, and I know where you're coming from as there are plenty in CM, but why would one mention anywhere at all if one wanted to keep it quiet?

Do they still jam in the Gibbon?

Thanks Boksida.will try long jons next time we're in town.

Moved here for the layed back way of life in the village,also have plenty of temples around here and when they party it gets pretty busy with bands,dancers and thai boxing, even the schools put on family days that turn into a drink fest.I dont mind a beer but these guys go all day on that thai whisky and home brew whisky that smells like benzene.

It's a bit of an age group thing, but a couple of places to start:

Hangout Cafe (English teachers)

Long Jim Pizza, especially Wednesday nights (all age beer drinkers, including several Australians)

Ban Suchadaa on Sundays - family swimming day

All of the above are farang owned.

Night time action - Hi-lite and Mot Yim.

I think you can feel pretty safe about the Chiang Maians. Can't imagine anyone going to Lampang for a few beers, as they would probably get caught in one of the now so frequent checkhowmanybeersyouhavehad checkpoints when returning back home.

Just moved from Aus to live with the mia,been visting over the last 10 years and worked hard together to build our new home about 50k south of Lampang in SoemNgam

its not your home its hers.......u dont own the land....lets hope the family isnt planning to move in to their new farang built house conveniently situated in their home village while u get given your marching orders.........one things for sure u better be a good boy now u have commited yourself and your cash

I am from Oz and retired in Uttaradit: I drive through Lampang occasionally, the missus and I could drop in sometime to say hello and have a beer, you are not far of the beaten track.Your Rolls Royce of BBQ's looks like it gets fired up regularly.

Just moved from Aus to live with the mia,been visting over the last 10 years and worked hard together to build our new home about 50k south of Lampang in SoemNgam

its not your home its hers.......u dont own the land....lets hope the family isnt planning to move in to their new farang built house conveniently situated in their home village while u get given your marching orders.........one things for sure u better be a good boy now u have commited yourself and your cash

Typical negative comment from a disgruntled Farang - It's not her home it is theirs 50/50 regardless of the land ownership of which also can be overcome with a 30 + 30 year lease. First obtain the yellow book and then get a lawyer to draw up the legals. Not a big deal and relatively easy to do. Been there and done it.

cant see her being happy about that after the fact....and who would want to live in the ex village in the middle of nowhere when it all goes sour?

and by the way I am not disgruntled as I would never put myself in that position but guys seem to forget to be careful about finances when they are lubbed up...chok dee

Typical negative comment from a disgruntled Farang - It's not her home it is theirs 50/50 regardless of the land ownership of which also can be overcome with a 30 + 30 year lease. First obtain the yellow book and then get a lawyer to draw up the legals. Not a big deal and relatively easy to do. Been there and done it.

Good points Ozall. This guy didn't mention what type of papers he has had legally drawn up. Hopefully he has protected himself the best he can.

Divorce happens everywhere in the world. In the West, the b*tch will take you for a whole hell of a lot more than the house.

If it goes sour and he loses only the house, he came off good.

Pretty typical TV. A guy comes on here, friendly, looking to have a few beers and immediately gets hit with negative replies.

Just wait until he gets the pizza oven in working order. He might get more company than he asked for. licklips.gif

• Like 1

Like I said we both worked hard together, been together for 12 years and married for 8, before I met her I was in debt like most of us .I understand that in most breakups you would be lucky to get a 50/50 split and I know enough about the sittuation over here if anything happened you have be prepared to lose the lot,you have to have something to fall back on, I only invested what i was prepared to lose and if I do, I have security back in Aus.No one knows what will happen in the future, all you can do is plan for what might happen and like you said,"be a good boy".(or don't get caught).
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

It's a bit of an age group thing, but a couple of places to start:

Hangout Cafe (English teachers)

Long Jim Pizza, especially Wednesday nights (all age beer drinkers, including several Australians)

Ban Suchadaa on Sundays - family swimming day

All of the above are farang owned.

Night time action - Hi-lite and Mot Yim.

Thanks dude! I'll check some of it out.thumbsup.gif

I live the other side of Phrae, I really like Lampang and have a longer term intention to buy a small studio there. Also like Uttaradit (pmem). Be good to meet up with some Aussies if you can tolerate a Pom. PM me.

Nattydread you are everything there is to hate in TV. Plick!

• Like 1

Why not try a Thai establishment? Cheaper and IMO, better clientele. smile.png

Love to Semper! Do you know of any in Lampang you'd recommend?

BTW I'm not being facetious, I'm in Lampang for the week and may move up here

I really REALLY want to know! lol

Thanks

Your house looks awesome! I don't think you're going to find too many people approving of your move, though. I hope you really enjoy reading and talking to yourself.

If you start to feel isolated, don't hesitate to pack up and leave. Best of luck though, I hope it works out.

Edited by LarryBird