Fishing Nr Ubon

juju1968

Hi guys n girls , I'm going to be spending a month in the sticks near Ubon Ratchathani from November onwards and am keen to have a little dangle with my rod.

Are there any fishing parks like those in Pattaya in the area , stocked lakes where you just pay and go ?

Are there any reservoirs etc that are not so commercial, but I could also fish . As long as I can legally fish then I will quite happily take my chances as to what fish are in there.

Also want to fish the Mekong as its only about 30 mins from the farm. Can I just pitch up and fish any accessible sections of the river, or are some parts privately owned/restricted to fishing. My obvious choices would be the towns that border the river , are these viable for fishing or should i seek more remote areas ?

I guess I would like to know mostly about fishing on the Mekong as it appeals to my adventurous side when fishingf, but I dont want to be aimlessly throwing bait in fishless or restricted sections, wasting my time or possibly getting myself into trouble.

Any keen fisherfolk cast any light and point me in the general direction I should be headed.

TIA

• 2 months later...

Loads of water to go at. Was there back in September and having been shown around by my girlfriends family I found loads of water to fish. Only just saw you're post but I am heading back that way for a few months from end of February and will be spending quite a bit of time chilling fishing. Would be interested to know how you got on and if you caught much on your trip out there. Would be interested in finding out bait about baits and what tactics you found best. Hope you had a good time anyway.