Best Thai Language School

HAS ANYONE ATTENDED A THAI LANGUAGE SCHOOL THAT PROMISES "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" BUT WILL NOT REFUND THE COURSE FEES IF NOT SATISFIED? THAT IS THE SITUATION I AM HAVING NOW.

This is Southeast Asia, not the West. You're in a "buyer beware" culture.

"Refunds" are nearly unheard of. You hand money to somebody here, and you should do it knowing that you'll never see it again.

"Satisfaction guaranteed" isn't equivalent to "refund if not satisfied," by the way. At best, it means that if you complain, they'll try to adjust things so that you're happy.

I'M NOT ASKING FOR MY BEER TAB OR A BARFINE REFUNDED , THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MONEY THIS SCHOOL HAS TAKEN AND NOT EVEN GIVEN ME ONE CLASS YET WITH NO CONTACT TO ME IN MONTHS! I WONDER HOW THEY JUSTIFY THIS???

Are you willing to name the school ? Some of the owners are reading here too. And going public helps often :o

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't the school give you any class? I think all the sponsors of this forum all organize classes. Could you tell your story without saying the name of the school. It's hard to give advice if you don't know the full story. If you're sure that you're cheated you can contact the police or the ministry of education (the department that gives licenses to the schools). Id the school is really a scam they probably will have friends with the police.

Edited by kriswillems

Any of the popular schools mentioned in this topic (thong lo language school, unity, piammitr, aua, aaa) offer student visas?

note: I can see the adverts for MTL and Walen flashing in front of my eyes...... looking for other options, thanks.

Any of the popular schools mentioned in this topic (thong lo language school, unity, piammitr, aua, aaa) offer student visas?

note: I can see the adverts for MTL and Walen flashing in front of my eyes...... looking for other options, thanks.

Through AAA, you can obtain a 3-month student visa. You can do the paperwork yourself, or they'll do it (and deal with the Ministry) for 2000 baht.

They take it seriously though. Last year (before I had a 1-year non-O visa), I had a 3-month visa through AAA. I prepaid 3 months of classes, then attended September and October. I planned to do the 3rd month in January, after some travel overseas. They asked me to fill out special forms since I wasn't doing the 3rd month of study during the 3rd month of my visa -- the forms included a signed statement saying I'd be out of the country, and returning to do my 3rd month later.

Through AAA, you can obtain a 3-month student visa. You can do the paperwork yourself, or they'll do it (and deal with the Ministry) for 2000 baht.

They take it seriously though. Last year (before I had a 1-year non-O visa), I had a 3-month visa through AAA. I prepaid 3 months of classes, then attended September and October. I planned to do the 3rd month in January, after some travel overseas. They asked me to fill out special forms since I wasn't doing the 3rd month of study during the 3rd month of my visa -- the forms included a signed statement saying I'd be out of the country, and returning to do my 3rd month later.

Thanks for that info, commitment isnt a problem so I'll check it out.....any other info on obtaining a non-ed from the above schools much appreciated....thanks

HAS ANYONE ATTENDED A THAI LANGUAGE SCHOOL THAT PROMISES "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" BUT WILL NOT REFUND THE COURSE FEES IF NOT SATISFIED? THAT IS THE SITUATION I AM HAVING NOW.

REFUND THE COURSE FEES is a phrase that does not exist in the Thai Language. Unfortunately your situation looks like it got lost in translation.

Hi everyone! This is my first post in the Thai language forum, I thought that I'd add to this thread instead of opening a new one;

1. The nearest malls to where I live are The Mall Bangkapee and I can get to Central Bang Na, Seacon and Seri - could anyone reccomend a Thai language centre near or around these areas - Srinakarin?

2. I've found a Thai teacher willing to teach privately for 250baht per hour. What's a reasonable going rate? or is it a case of how long's a piece of string?

Last year there was a school advertising Thai lessons, located on Lat Praw soi 112, i think the school was called Grace International, you may have to google, I know it certainly had a web site last year.

The last time i was at Suan Plu, I noticed an advert for a school that would also arrange for an education visa ( the sign was on a billboard outside one of the photocopy shops opposite immigration ), from what I remember the school is located on Ramkhamhaeng soi 60/3, I seem to remember it was called something like Tewi.

Hope the above is of some help.

Just checking if anyone has used Walen as their school. Wht have been the results?

Never studied there, but I walked by their school today after paying my CAT bill.

I'll say that there were 4 gorgeous Thai women working in the front office. Dressed rather... well, lets say that I did a double-take... I walked away thinking, "I attend school (AAA) on the 6th floor of an office building where there's no foot traffic. We have 1 administrative woman working there, and she dresses like I do (I'm male). What type of student is Walen trying to attract?"

I may need to walk by the school a few more times to investigate :o

Just checking if anyone has used Walen as their school. Wht have been the results?

Never studied there, but I walked by their school today after paying my CAT bill.

I'll say that there were 4 gorgeous Thai women working in the front office. Dressed rather... well, lets say that I did a double-take... I walked away thinking, "I attend school (AAA) on the 6th floor of an office building where there's no foot traffic. We have 1 administrative woman working there, and she dresses like I do (I'm male). What type of student is Walen trying to attract?"

I may need to walk by the school a few more times to investigate :o

Forget that, take a walk round the corner to the Japanese store ( on the same floor as Walen ), anyone who has been in it will know what I am talking about, what a trip.

You may very well end up being fluent in Japanese.rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

In the next few months, I'll have spare time on my hands and would like to learn thai. I have some basics but not enough for a conversation. Currently living in mid Lad Phrao, would someone be so kind as to point me to any schools in the immediate area. Thanks in advance.

Hi Bkk explorer!

I represent a school called My Thai Language School ( you can see our ad on this page).

Our school is on Ratchadapisek Road and it is near Lad Phrao (With MRT, 4 stations).

We propose enjoyable and interesting method to learn Thai.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Best Regards.

MTL Ae.