BANGKOK 24 February 2019 06:42
Sign in to follow this  
robitusson

Best Thai Language School

:D i learned Thai Language in TLA school (http://www.tlaschool.com) for 4 months..

i now can speak, read and write Thai becuase of TLA..

it's located just near "Payathai" BTS station, PayaThai plaza building,,

The classrooms are so clean and good conditions..

The tuition is not expensive,,, Teachers are so generous..

i've never heard that teachers speak English.. They try to speak just Thai..

it's so helpful and fun!!

i'm now looking for a Thai Language school again..

Unfortunetly, i can't get to TLA from my apt by MRT..

it's quite unconvinience to get there..

i surely want to recommend TLA even i couldn't join,, :D

i maybe choose a school which is near MRT station..

i wanna start from July or August...

Good Luck for Thai Langauge learnners!!

Advert??? :o

RAZZ

Anyone can reccomand me (PM) any former teacher for 1.1 lessons?

I think that few hours a week privatly it would be more helpful then a full time class.

Anyone can also suggest me a school not to expensive where to take good private lesson?

My thai is quiet basic and I'm looking for someone who can improve my conversational thai as well as teach me reading and writing.

Thanks

Anyone can reccomand me (PM) any former teacher for 1.1 lessons?

I think that few hours a week privatly it would be more helpful then a full time class.

Anyone can also suggest me a school not to expensive where to take good private lesson?

My thai is quiet basic and I'm looking for someone who can improve my conversational thai as well as teach me reading and writing.

Thanks

I have sent you pm, pls check it out :o

I'd like a PM, too, if you don't mind...

Thanks,

BFD!

I certainly agree with Nisa. So much so that I will be going back there in late Feb when I return to Bangkok. Not only did I have good learning experiences a few years ago when they were in the YWCA building, I now live only a couple of blocks away from their school.

I also recommend Thong Lor Language School. Located on Sukhumvit, you can literally descend the skytrain stairs and step into the school. One of my teachers there had a couple of MA(s), one of them in language acquisition. All three of my teachers there were good, all adapted texts a bit to what I wanted to do, and all demanded homework.

Thong Lor pricing is the same as Nisa.

I'll have to have a look at that one. Somebody told me Baan Phasaa Thai was good but I've never been.

Perhaps, if somebody could give informations about Thai solutions, i would appreciate it.

Their 30 hours package rates seems interesting.... for only 8500 bht of 30 hours....

Has anybody tried it?

I certainly agree with Nisa. So much so that I will be going back there in late Feb when I return to Bangkok. Not only did I have good learning experiences a few years ago when they were in the YWCA building, I now live only a couple of blocks away from their school.

I also recommend Thong Lor Language School. Located on Sukhumvit, you can literally descend the skytrain stairs and step into the school. One of my teachers there had a couple of MA(s), one of them in language acquisition. All three of my teachers there were good, all adapted texts a bit to what I wanted to do, and all demanded homework.

Thong Lor pricing is the same as Nisa.

I'll have to have a look at that one. Somebody told me Baan Phasaa Thai was good but I've never been.

Perhaps, if somebody could give informations about Thai solutions, i would appreciate it.

Their 30 hours package rates seems interesting.... for only 8500 bht of 30 hours....

Has anybody tried it?

you get what you pay for, is it approved by the minisrtry of education, are the teachers licensed, are the books cut and paste jobs from other establishments?

i dont know what how serious you are about studying thai, how much time you have to attend lessons and then do homework after finishing school, whether location is an important factor to you?, do you speak any thai already, is cost a consideration to you? etc etc

i would suggest any of the schools teaching the aua method such as utl times square near to sukhumvit soi 12, piammitr jasmine place at the corner of sukhumvit soi 23, there is another school in rachatewi near the panthip plaza, sorry cant remember its name.

these schools offer 60 hours of instruction for 6000 baht, 3 hours a day for 20 days in a mixed class of roughly 5 or 6 other students, they are also pretty intensive for anyone with no knowledge of thai.

if you prefer one on one instruction, there is a school near to sukhumvit soi 38, cant remember its name, something like thonglor thai/english school. its been there for years and offers a basic introduction into thai language and has a good reputation for getting novices up and running with an introduction to the language. the last i heard their costs were something like 13,000 baht for 30 hours, again you get what you pay for.

i am in no way affiliated with any of these schools and have no commercial interest in any of them, although i am attending one of them and have no complaints.

TLA school has moved.

There are now in the Phayathai Plaza office building, next to BTS Phayathai.

I went there (when they were in Silom) for levels 1 to 4. Good experience.

...I had excellent experience at Thai Language Achievement School in Silom.

...Attended 3 months in 2004.

Curriculum well-organized and easy to follow.

Teachers thoroughly prepared and instruction is clear.

Everything neat, clean, well-organized, but the chairs in classrooms are Thai-size = a bit small and low.

Other than that, I have only good things to say about this school.

...Schedule is intense: every morning, afternoon, or evening (your choice), five days a week, for a month.

They don't offer any more relaxed schedules than that, so if you just want a few hours a week, this is not the school.

Teachers are available for privates, but I never took privates.

...I repeated level 1 to review.

Turned out to be wise decision - made it much easier to progress to level 2.

Most other students went directly from level 1 into level 2 and they really floundered.

No discount for repeating a level, but I certainly would do that again, probably at every level, to learn thoroughly.

...Location: Bangkok Silom, midway between skytrain Sala Daeng and Bangkok Bank - opposite Patpong.

Also, close to subway Silom station.

Web site . . . http://www.tlaschool.com/index2.html

I work weekdays and tend to have an unpredictable finishing time so am restricted to weekend learning. I've tried 1:1 and to be honest I would prefer to be with other students. Several Bangkok schools such as Walen advertise Sat and Sun schedules but so far only Piammitr seem to actually run the classes. Anyone else learning weekends?

but so far only Piammitr seem to actually run the classes. Anyone else learning weekends?

I've been trying to get piammitr to email me back, but I've not heard anything from them.

infor@piammitrschool.com is the email I'm using from their website, I'm guessing I have to physically walk in there. But it's so hot! :/

any websites for the thai language schools? i have been recomended Jentana? any good?

have a look at www.thaiwalen.com, you are welcome to come for a free demonstration

Edited by macwalen

I,too, am looking for a private thai language teacher. I am a complete beginner and live in Sukhumvit. if you know any good ones please PM me. many thanks.

I still keep in touch with my former Thai language teacher who still teaches after office time, so if you are interested give me your email and I will tell her to write you.

Hi

I've just called the Unity school to register a cousin there for the course starting next monday. It's fine except noone in the school seems to speak chinese, whereas our cousin only speaks chinese dialects.

Can you think of another school with chinese speaking staff ( not teachers, but at least someone in the admin) ?

Cheers

luis

Can anybody recommend a school where the thai teachers don't speak english? I've studied at UTL and and another school(forgot name) and found that my thai was much better when speaking to Thai's that dont speak english. The teachers at UTL were always speaking thai, but the other school i went to was a nightmare. The Thai teachers loved speaking english and my thai actually got worse while i studied there. I don't even like to hear the Thai teachers speak english to other people. For some reason it makes me feel silly when i speak thai with them.

UTL teachers always spoke Thai and that was great.

How about piammitr do the thai teachers always speak thai?

i can recommend 'ajarn ja' who has a website www.thai-teacher.com

she's fluent in english and has a master's degree in linguistics from thammasat.

she's located in krabi, but does classes via webcam for distance learners.

as far as teaching on weekends..... i think her schedule is pretty flexible, but you'd have to contact her.

Edited by up-country_sinclair