Tourist Slashed And Stabbed 5 Times In Unprovoked Attack

aonangmrhuw

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the father of the Dutch rape victim's video,a little strange but if it raises awareness then good luck to him.Heard of the same sort of attacks in Rawai,Phuket by gangs of drugged-up feral youths.Same problem all over the world but what's the solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRErWjo809g

What's the solution?

Well it would help if there was a police force to uphold the law, and secondly courts that would base their decisions on justice and not on nationality.

Ok,so that's never going to happen,what's the realistic solution.Apart from coming on Thai Visa to whinge about it?rolleyes.gif

Some bad news to tell you all...........

As expected ,by many posters...1 of the boys who is aged 17 has been let free to do this again.

His family posted bail....How much hmm ?A MASSIVE 5000 BAHT .that's 100 uk pounds.

Im done!!! Speechlesssick.gif

unbelievable ! Justice seem a 17 year old boy innocent and not accountable

Some bad news to tell you all...........

As expected ,by many posters...1 of the boys who is aged 17 has been let free to do this again.

His family posted bail....How much hmm ?A MASSIVE 5000 BAHT .that's 100 uk pounds.

Im done!!! Speechlesssick.gif

After another conversation with my friend, who was at the police station today.

It seems that the boy has been released

.A Thai friend of mine told me that it was the boy, that did the slashing .

I'm trying to translate what he told me in Thai.

Maybe there was no money involved.

He meant next time ,he will pay 5000 for bail....Whatever ....he is out and that's that..

..Im trying to give solid information about this attack ,with no BS...

Sometimes things get mixed up in translation.....

Sorry about the misinformation .i will double check next time ..........

Court hearing tomorrow in Krabi town..........I will let you know the outcome....

I'll be astounded if anything happens other than finding a reason for suspending the case ! We can only hope otherwise !

This morning I had a conversation with a cop buddy and according to him the reason why they are so easy on the bail issue is because prisons are overcrowded. Krabi prison for example is made for 700 inmates but is housing 1600 of them ! So apparently everybody gets bail till they are sentenced by the higher courts, meaning after appealing the first court's verdict, criminals will finally end up in prison, this is of course if they haven't found the right people to make it all go away! Only the real poor ones who can't afford bail or whom haven't got friends or relatives to post bail will go directly to prison.

Also the convicted ones rarely serve more then 1/3 of their sentence, knew of a guy got convicted to 10 years yet was released after serving 3 years !

Sad that the government doesn't see this as a urgent issue to deal with.....

Edited by likewise

Wait till news of the release is reported back in the UK. What a statement it sends out. Absolutely shameful episode.

There relying on this news not receiving much if any publicity in the UK.

Anybody know if this has been mentioned in the Thai media?my wife says no.

Went to nopparattara beach,this morning, some workmen repairing the street lights,three policemen patrolling in a tuk tuk and one on a m/cycle.next week they'll be back patrolling their office full time.

• Like 1

Great to hear that. Is he sure that this is the sentence received or asked by prosecutor at preliminary hearing, because usually a case takes months to be handled by court of first hearing?

your right ,after talking with Jack and April,the judge said that is what they will get.Many people crying as the 19 year old is expecting a baby in 3 months.

Great to hear that. Is he sure that this is the sentence received or asked by prosecutor at preliminary hearing, because usually a case takes months to be handled by court of first hearing?

your right ,after talking with Jack and April,the judge said that is what they will get.Many people crying as the 19 year old is expecting a baby in 3 months.

I thought myself this is far to quick ,but i thought maybe just maybe they were rushing it through ,because of all the media.

Im still very happy with the outcome.

Edited by aonangmrhuw

BREAKING NEWS

After the court hearing Jack phoned me and told be some great news

wait for it. The 17 year old got 3 years

The 19 year old got 10 years

They have arrested more of them,so more Jail time to follow.

I will be meeting Jack in a few minutes,for a chat.

I'm so happy my faith,has been restored.

Well done the courts and the BiB.....

Let's hope that this is what they do get,and they actually serve time.Call me a cynic if you like,but it wouldn't surprise me, if in the not to distant future,they are granted bail,pending an appeal,by then of course the wind will have been taken out of the sail regarding this story, Later of course the sentence is reduced or completely squashed.By which time it will be out of the eye of the media.

Let's just hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Swift an quick ,the krabi -aonang elite have finally had enough ,theres is certain elements of thai society that have kept aonang from turning into a sex tourism destination an there are up in arms about this as you you can see the sentence is amazing usually it takes a year then its forgotten about ,the media attention that this heinous crime recieved has shocked aonang to core ,

• Like 1

Swift an quick ,the krabi -aonang elite have finally had enough ,theres is certain elements of thai society that have kept aonang from turning into a sex tourism destination an there are up in arms about this as you you can see the sentence is amazing usually it takes a year then its forgotten about ,the media attention that this heinous crime recieved has shocked aonang to core ,

I believe you joined the forum today,congratulations. Can I also take it that your a long time resident of Krabi/Ao-Nang. I ask this because you seem to have your finger on the pulse of

Ao-nang.

As per my earlier post No 104.This morning, whilst travelling thru the area,I did happen to stop and make a point of asking a couple of ex-pats and two local Thai's what they thought of this incident. All of them said they hadn't heard about it.Strange because it has been reported in the UK media, but not locally.

Edited by nontabury

It was on Krabi TV local news, bust most Thais don't really care if it doesn't harm them personally, all part of the selfish attitude - looking out for number one !

Maybe one day I'll write a book about the interactions I've seen and heard at the cop shop and court but before I ever do that I have to make sure I'm ready to move onsmile.png , you know it's all about freedom of speech and suchrolleyes.gif . Then again when people in the West read it they might think it's either a comedy or in some cases a horror book.

I believe you joined the forum today,congratulations. Can I also take it that your a long time resident of Krabi/Ao-Nang. I ask this because you seem to have your finger on the pulse of

Ao-nang.

As per my earlier post No 104.This morning, whilst travelling thru the area,I did happen to stop and make a point of asking a couple of ex-pats and two local Thai's what they thought of this incident. All of them said they hadn't heard about it.Strange because it has been reported in the UK media, but not locally.

Ao-nang.

Thankyou for the wellcome to the forum ,i have lived in aonang for more than 12 years.
  • Like 1

It was on Krabi TV local news, bust most Thais don't really care if it doesn't harm them personally, all part of the selfish attitude - looking out for number one !

Maybe one day I'll write a book about the interactions I've seen and heard at the cop shop and court but before I ever do that I have to make sure I'm ready to move onsmile.png , you know it's all about freedom of speech and suchrolleyes.gif . Then again when people in the West read it they might think it's either a comedy or in some cases a horror book.

I have some good stories ,lol.

maybe we can 50/50 but like you said not now .thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS

After the court hearing Jack phoned me and told be some great news

wait for it. The 17 year old got 3 years

The 19 year old got 10 years

They have arrested more of them,so more Jail time to follow.

I will be meeting Jack in a few minutes,for a chat.

I'm so happy my faith,has been restored.

Well done the courts and the BiB.....

Good work two down and 5 million to go.

• Like 1

Really Glad its been dealt with so quickly ,I spend months at a time in Ao nang, I have heard lots of stories about muggings , bag snatching , and random violence around the place , but I have never witnessed it or had first hand knowledge of it happening to anyone i know . It is Horrific to anyone that is effected by it and I hope that the fast and rigorous justice that seems to have been served here will have a positive affect and put other criminals off and make them think !! Also I hope that the police presence in and around the whole area is stepped up And not just for people riding motor bikes without helmets! It is quite rare to see any police around in the evenings so a few more around asking a few questions of local and tourists hanging out in gangs or acting suspicious , or causing a nuisance will only help ..

I hope these stories do not put people off visiting what to me is a beautiful and very friendly place .these incidents are isolated , 10's of thousands of people visit the area from all over the world with only good experience's . but good news rarely makes the headlines .

Don't miss understand me this was a an awful attack on what seems to be an Innocent couple who will be scarred mentally and physically for life , When you put that against the three years the 17 year old got , It still seems they got away lightly .

I just hope the Tourist trade does not suffer too badly , Its been tough enough over the last few years as it is .

Well done to the OP for all his input and rescuing of the man involved and his reporting on here . and good luck to the couple and there family I hopethey recover quickly and don't hold the experience against the whole of Thailand ...as for the cowardly criminals , I hope they have lots of time to think about what they have done ,sometimes prison doesn't seem to be enough of a punishment.

• 2 weeks later...

Kids are out of control all over. Give it 10 or so more years and wait and see the chaos this country is going to have. Anyone planning on being here for the next 10, 15, or 20 years should start re-thinking their location, as it is only going to get MUCH worse, not better.