Tourist Slashed And Stabbed 5 Times In Unprovoked Attack

aonangmrhuw

Krabi teens claim stabbing of British tourist was a 'misunderstanding'

Phuket Gazette

kr.jpeg

British tourist Daniel Cole, 21, said he would like to resume his travels as soon as possible. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Two teenagers who confessed to attacking a British tourist in Krabi on Monday have claimed that they “misunderstood” the foreigner’s actions and thought he was insulting them.

The victim, Daniel Cole, 21, has already undergone surgery for the cut wounds to his temple, chest, right shoulder and right arm and is recovering at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Anusorn Kullak, 18, and his accomplice, 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are being held at Krabi Prison.

“They said Mr Cole had insulted them, so the 17-year-old stabbed him with a 15-inch Sparta knife, while Mr Anusorn used a shoe to beat him,” Ao Nang officer Lt Col Niwat Pimket told the Phuket Gazette.

The men ran off after the attack, and then people at a nearby dive shop called the police and rescue workers, he explained.

The British woman, April Clifton, 21, who was walking with Mr Cole was not attacked. The pair were arrested about four hours after the incident.

Today, Mr Cole explained to police that he was still shocked by the attack. However, he would like to return to his travels in Krabi as soon as the hospital discharges him.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19252.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-26

The women did not get attacked !!!!! pushed to the floor, .i would say that's getting attacked.hit with a shoe haha maybe a flip flop.yeh yeh yeh.what about the stab wounds i saw !!!knife and machete for sure.100%They circled him on bikes,lobed stones and bricks at him,then pushed his girlfriend to the ground,maybe then he insulted them .Wouldn't we all !!!every day we get insulted farang farang farang....but we don't slash people up.Last night fighting broke out on ao nang beach .Thai on Thai kids with bikes.with many arrests. I've just seen around 30 modify bikes on the nopparrat road today .Maybe a gang war has started...wild west here we go again......oh sorry i forgot pity they didn't show the other side of his face.or the wounds on the day.....Lastly, the headline stabbing.....more like Slashing ,you dont stab with a spartar.....

Just seen more photos on another site,clearly it shows the women was attacked, just look at her elbow.bah.gifResume his travels .lol ...yes to get his bags out of Ao nang, they are both terrified of the thought of going to that pier again and Ao nang .......Reporters ha ha ..same same but different lol Edited by aonangmrhuw

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Ao-nang and I've seen it get steadily worse over the last 10yrs,Not surprised these B--t--ds make up a story that they were insulted, it will sure help them if they go to court, who do you think the Thai judges will believe? There is no justice for Farangs in Thailand.

The bad Thai's who are only a small minority, are starting to realise that it's now open season on Farangs, they know the Thai authorities will Always side with them, and protect them, what do you think the Thai authorities would do to a Farang who in self defence, where to hit a Thai.

Do you think the punishment would be the same?

• Like 2

Maybe he did something to provoke the attack ?

A friend of mine drove past them minutes before the attack.she told me, that they were arm in arm walking romantically.He sure was not drunk,so why pick a fight against 7 people ?

Motive who knows....didn't want money...show off to the girls maybe....

Many times this has happened to me and my friends.I was kicked off my bike 5 months ago by 2 kids on bikes,just outside my home.

Having a handy bat next to my door helped allot.with them both running off, Leaving the bike behind.They told police Accident..lol

We even went out ,on night rides trying to lure them into attacking me.so we could catch them.3/4 local elder Thais following in the distance off course...

I would like to praise the local police ,for all there recent efforts .Well done.

little too late, but better than never.

• Like 1

The British press are running it....that'll do wonders for tourism.

http://www.dailymail...ach-resort.html

Amazing how the Daily Mail morphed this in to a pack sex attack when apparently she was unharmed and they would have been free to do what they wanted to her after stabbing the boyfriend.

So you giving the Scum credit for not attacking and harming the girl? Read the article and what is being said about the area It's not policed .

Brit ex-pat slams Thai authorities for allowing 'gangs of teenagers, armed with knifes and machetes, to roam Ao Nang like a Hollywood horror movie'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2AQQPEoD9

Edited by KKvampire

Krabi teens claim stabbing of British tourist was a 'misunderstanding'

Phuket Gazette

kr.jpeg

British tourist Daniel Cole, 21, said he would like to resume his travels as soon as possible. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Two teenagers who confessed to attacking a British tourist in Krabi on Monday have claimed that they “misunderstood” the foreigner’s actions and thought he was insulting them.

The victim, Daniel Cole, 21, has already undergone surgery for the cut wounds to his temple, chest, right shoulder and right arm and is recovering at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Anusorn Kullak, 18, and his accomplice, 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are being held at Krabi Prison.

“They said Mr Cole had insulted them, so the 17-year-old stabbed him with a 15-inch Sparta knife, while Mr Anusorn used a shoe to beat him,” Ao Nang officer Lt Col Niwat Pimket told the Phuket Gazette.

The men ran off after the attack, and then people at a nearby dive shop called the police and rescue workers, he explained.

The British woman, April Clifton, 21, who was walking with Mr Cole was not attacked. The pair were arrested about four hours after the incident.

Today, Mr Cole explained to police that he was still shocked by the attack. However, he would like to return to his travels in Krabi as soon as the hospital discharges him.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19252.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-26

The women did not get attacked !!!!! pushed to the floor, .i would say that's getting attacked.hit with a shoe haha maybe a flip flop.yeh yeh yeh.what about the stab wounds i saw !!!knife and machete for sure.100%They circled him on bikes,lobed stones and bricks at him,then pushed his girlfriend to the ground,maybe then he insulted them .Wouldn't we all !!!every day we get insulted farang farang farang....but we don't slash people up.Last night fighting broke out on ao nang beach .Thai on Thai kids with bikes.with many arrests. I've just seen around 30 modify bikes on the nopparrat road today .Maybe a gang war has started...wild west here we go again......oh sorry i forgot pity they didn't show the other side of his face.or the wounds on the day.....Lastly, the headline stabbing.....more like Slashing ,you dont stab with a spartar.....

Just seen more photos on another site,clearly it shows the women was attacked, just look at her elbow.bah.gifResume his travels .lol ...yes to get his bags out of Ao nang, they are both terrified of the thought of going to that pier again and Ao nang .......Reporters ha ha ..same same but different lol

Ya that is actually what it says when you click on the link.

Today, Mr Cole explained to police that he was still shocked by the attack. However, he said he would like to return to Krabi as soon as possible so he could collect his belongings and return home.

Amazing how the Daily Mail morphed this in to a pack sex attack when apparently she was unharmed and they would have been free to do what they wanted to her after stabbing the boyfriend.

So you giving the Scum credit for not attacking and harming the girl? Read the article and what is being said about the area It's not policed .

Brit ex-pat slams Thai authorities for allowing 'gangs of teenagers, armed with knifes and machetes, to roam Ao Nang like a Hollywood horror movie'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2AQQPEoD9

You realize the 'Brit expat' is the OP of this thread, and they took his quote directly from his post?

And yes I'm glad that the Daily Mail headline didn't happen and that it wasn't a 'sex pack attack' and that the girl was not harmed and not raped. It's bad enough that the guy was stabbed.

Its also amazing how many stupid people there are on this forum. She was unharmed because he fought back.

• Like 1

Its also amazing how many stupid people there are on this forum. She was unharmed because he fought back.

He had been stabbed, if it was a 'sex pack attack' they would have raped her after taking care of the boyfriend. They were with their girlfriends, whatever reason they had for doing this it wasn't that.

For me there is something wrong with this. In the 10 years of living here I can't remember a tourist getting attacked for nothing. I have seen plenty here get a good kicking by a bunch of Thai's thinking they were back home on a Saturday night in the own town but never just a random attack.

You also can't get stabbed several times with a 15" knife and suffer the small injuries he seems to have suffered. If it is an innocent attack on a tourist for no reason then it is a worrying trend. Lets hope it doesn't spread and if this is the case the police and the courts make an example of these people.

It's now the top story on the mail online , with probably 1 million views plus already , krabi needs to sort it out !

I understand it's been on British TV news channels too.

Does anybody know if it's been in the Thai papers or on Thai TV, my Thai wife has not seen anything about it. A few yrs ago a German girl was murdered by Thai's on the other end of Ao-Nang beach, strangely, no mention was made in the Thai media,perhaps the same will happen here.