Tourist Slashed And Stabbed 5 Times In Unprovoked Attack

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to read this story, and obviously pleased that they have caught some of the low life responsible. I am however astounded to read comments such as Aonang and Krabi are lawless I really did not know that there is a problem down there.

I was and still considering spending sometime there only a 2/3 months, what are there areas that I should not be renting/staying in?

The place is indeed not so safe, mainly because there is no police on the streets late at night. About 2 weeks ago 2 young tourists got robbed at gun point at the bus station. The female got injured as well. Lots of these crimes go unreported, I know they happen since I get called in to translate quite often.

Sad to say, but as I mentioned before the police here is too busy with all kinds of other stuff instead of doing what they supposed to do.

• Like 1

So this was a random attack intended to cause grievious bodily harm if not death and not an attempt to rob the tourists or a vandetta?

The girl offered them her bag ,after they pushed her to the ground,They did not take it.Looks to me like they wanted to show off ,to their girl friends...Show power against a 110kg farang. Drug fueled who knows......He had not been drinking.He just kept saying why me ...why me..what did i ever do to them.....

Mindless wanton violence by individuals with no remorse, empathy or fear of punishment is a symptom of a devolving society. Law of the jungle overides the Rule of Law, it makes me fear for the future. " <deleted> is wrong with this place!!! ", ditto.

The term sociopath fits the description.

Krabi teens claim stabbing of British tourist was a 'misunderstanding'

Phuket Gazette

kr.jpeg

British tourist Daniel Cole, 21, said he would like to resume his travels as soon as possible. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Two teenagers who confessed to attacking a British tourist in Krabi on Monday have claimed that they “misunderstood” the foreigner’s actions and thought he was insulting them.

The victim, Daniel Cole, 21, has already undergone surgery for the cut wounds to his temple, chest, right shoulder and right arm and is recovering at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Anusorn Kullak, 18, and his accomplice, 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are being held at Krabi Prison.

“They said Mr Cole had insulted them, so the 17-year-old stabbed him with a 15-inch Sparta knife, while Mr Anusorn used a shoe to beat him,” Ao Nang officer Lt Col Niwat Pimket told the Phuket Gazette.

The men ran off after the attack, and then people at a nearby dive shop called the police and rescue workers, he explained.

The British woman, April Clifton, 21, who was walking with Mr Cole was not attacked. The pair were arrested about four hours after the incident.

Today, Mr Cole explained to police that he was still shocked by the attack. However, he would like to return to his travels in Krabi as soon as the hospital discharges him.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19252.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-26

It's pathetic that these teens have been taught that this is an acceptable response to being insulted - so much so that they are stupid enough to tell the police and the media this explanation. Just pathetic.

• Like 1

Krabi teens claim stabbing of British tourist was a 'misunderstanding'

Phuket Gazette

kr.jpeg

British tourist Daniel Cole, 21, said he would like to resume his travels as soon as possible. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: -- Two teenagers who confessed to attacking a British tourist in Krabi on Monday have claimed that they “misunderstood” the foreigner’s actions and thought he was insulting them.

The victim, Daniel Cole, 21, has already undergone surgery for the cut wounds to his temple, chest, right shoulder and right arm and is recovering at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Anusorn Kullak, 18, and his accomplice, 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are being held at Krabi Prison.

“They said Mr Cole had insulted them, so the 17-year-old stabbed him with a 15-inch Sparta knife, while Mr Anusorn used a shoe to beat him,” Ao Nang officer Lt Col Niwat Pimket told the Phuket Gazette.

The men ran off after the attack, and then people at a nearby dive shop called the police and rescue workers, he explained.

The British woman, April Clifton, 21, who was walking with Mr Cole was not attacked. The pair were arrested about four hours after the incident.

Today, Mr Cole explained to police that he was still shocked by the attack. However, he would like to return to his travels in Krabi as soon as the hospital discharges him.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19252.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-10-26

The women did not get attacked !!!!! pushed to the floor, .i would say that's getting attacked.hit with a shoe haha maybe a flip flop.yeh yeh yeh.what about the stab wounds i saw !!!knife and machete for sure.100%They circled him on bikes,lobed stones and bricks at him,then pushed his girlfriend to the ground,maybe then he insulted them .Wouldn't we all !!!every day we get insulted farang farang farang....but we don't slash people up.Last night fighting broke out on ao nang beach .Thai on Thai kids with bikes.with many arrests. I've just seen around 30 modify bikes on the nopparrat road today .Maybe a gang war has started...wild west here we go again......oh sorry i forgot pity they didn't show the other side of his face.or the wounds on the day.....Lastly, the headline stabbing.....more like Slashing ,you dont stab with a spartar..... Edited by aonangmrhuw