Tourist Slashed And Stabbed 5 Times In Unprovoked Attack

aonangmrhuw

They were not after any cash. They went for the girl. The girl was assaulted. Her boyfriend attacked and then was attacked himself. He successfully diverted their attention to his cost. He had very good reason to believe she was about to be seriouisly sexually assaulted if not raped. You were not there. I prefer the account of the witness. If you do not believe woman have assisted males in the sexual assault and rape of other women then you are living in a very sheltered world. Quite clearly the two young Brits were objects/ targets, of whatever this group was trying to do. The Daily Mail does not need to hype this story. Its also running in The Times and many other newspapers and TV.

If they wanted to rape her, she would have been raped. They took out the boyfriend. They could have done anything they wanted to the girl. They did not rape her or stab her as far as I have read. And there are no independent witnesses as to what happened, only the victim and the attackers and the girlfriends who have said nothing yet.

As for the Daily Mail not needing to hype stories, they don't call it the Daily Fail for nothing, it is possibly the worst newspaper on earth aside from North Korean propaganda rags, it is their MO to make up stuff even when a story is good enough on its own. A simple stabbing isn't good enough, it has to be a biker gang sex pack attack from a hollywood horror film

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Daily Mail not needing to hype stories, they don't call it the Daily Fail for nothing, it is possibly the worst newspaper on earth aside from North Korean propaganda rags, it is their MO to make up stuff even when a story is good enough on its own. A simple stabbing isn't good enough, it has to be a biker gang sex pack attack from a hollywood horror film

What you fail to grasp is it isn't the paper bigging up the biker gang rape scenario it is the victim. Something doesn't ring right about this story.

L O S = LAND OF STABBINGS Dont you just get sick of it .... even us are scared to go out at night when is it going to stop .. they cant even stop the jet ski scams so how will they stop this,

They were not after any cash. They went for the girl. The girl was assaulted. Her boyfriend attacked and then was attacked himself. He successfully diverted their attention to his cost. He had very good reason to believe she was about to be seriouisly sexually assaulted if not raped. You were not there. I prefer the account of the witness. If you do not believe woman have assisted males in the sexual assault and rape of other women then you are living in a very sheltered world. Quite clearly the two young Brits were objects/ targets, of whatever this group was trying to do. The Daily Mail does not need to hype this story. Its also running in The Times and many other newspapers and TV.

If they wanted to rape her, she would have been raped. They took out the boyfriend. They could have done anything they wanted to the girl. They did not rape her or stab her as far as I have read. And there are no independent witnesses as to what happened, only the victim and the attackers and the girlfriends who have said nothing yet.

Sorry but what exactly are you attempting to make here? Sounds to me like you post is hedging towards the "it ain't that bad' attitude" See. im fairly sure the guy didn't slash himself up! well?

Just because they have not spoken to you does not mean the girls have said nothing. The test of the credibility of this story will no doubt come when you realise the that the authorities will no longer suggest it was a misunderstanding or the Thai youths claims there was provocation. While I like your poetry and I am no a fan of the Daily Mail its hardly known as the Daily Fail. Its website is now the most popular news site in the world. I have not read any North Korean propaganda rags recently. Doubt you have either. I think you might be confusing the Mail's warped politics with its news gathering capability.

The stories in the Mail, Express, SUN, Bristol Evening Post, Times etc are sourced from Andrew Drummond in Thailand. I believe his stories are banned from this site unless they come under a Daily Mail banner or something similar. However his interview concurs with those done by phuketwan (also not allowed here) and Phuket News. Phuket Gazette which has a link to this site and the Nation did not carry the story. I think the biker gang and hollywood movie are your inventions, but let me check. I'm not sure what you mean by simple stabbing, perhaps you can explain.

Your suggestion that if they wanted to rape the girl they would have done is without any sort of foundation unless you are a mystic Quite clearly there were other people in the area. Nor was Jack 'taken our' . He was still a force when they ran away, but clearly less of one.

Edited by Gang Warily
  • Like 2

They both are lucky to be stil alive. Remember the young australian and his pregnant wife in buriram. They were riding a motobike in a isolated area where they were assaulted by 2 thai guy with a machete. The poor guy died from his injury...

Edited by Bender

They both are lucky to be stil alive. Remember the young australian and his pregnant wife in buriram. They were riding a motobike in a isolated area where they were assaulted by 2 thai guy with a machete. The poor guy died from his injury...

I agree just luck, if it was 2 inches to the left.

God only knows how the poor man would have fared.

I don't even want to think about it....Just luck ,vicious slashing. Don't forget the other boys statement" i hit him with my shoe......."some shoe's they have down here.....

For me there is something wrong with this. In the 10 years of living here I can't remember a tourist getting attacked for nothing. I have seen plenty here get a good kicking by a bunch of Thai's thinking they were back home on a Saturday night in the own town but never just a random attack.

You also can't get stabbed several times with a 15" knife and suffer the small injuries he seems to have suffered. If it is an innocent attack on a tourist for no reason then it is a worrying trend. Lets hope it doesn't spread and if this is the case the police and the courts make an example of these people.

Right Bert - Guess you missed the Aussie tour guide on Phuket murdered while minding her own business. And as for these 'good kickings' you have seen do you really know the reasons? Or are you just assuming they victims deserved it. The originally poster is probably the most sensible poster in this thread. I certainly have seen a foreigner have a bottle smashed over his head and attacked by a mob from a motorcycle queue in Koh Samui. Kicked long after he became unconscious. He was drunk. May have had an argument or whatever. I am still trying to work out what sort of crime merited this very cowardly behaviour. Accept it as a fact of life and enjoy the good bits about the country.

I can't believe that some on here beleive that attacks in Thailand only happen for a reason, and are never unprovoked. That is total BS, there have been plenty of cases of unprovoked attacks, and I've even seen it for myself. Sadly, these things are on the rise, and certain areas are more prone to it. I still think however, that I am safer walking around in Thailand, than I would be on a Friday / Saturday night in the U.K. I've had hands on experience of A and E in the UK, and that is pretty grim at the weekends.

I don't think for one moment that the story has been "bigged up", yes some of these papers and Jouno's have a reputation for doing that, but in this case it really doesn't seem to be the case, just a young couple minding their own business, attacked by lowlife scum. Thankfully, they were able to get away, and there was no fatalaties, but the BIB need to clamp down on thesegangs, as it seems locals in that area are aware of them.

There is no need to keep defending Thailand based on these things, it gets the press it deserves.

• Like 2

For me there is something wrong with this. In the 10 years of living here I can't remember a tourist getting attacked for nothing. I have seen plenty here get a good kicking by a bunch of Thai's thinking they were back home on a Saturday night in the own town but never just a random attack.

You also can't get stabbed several times with a 15" knife and suffer the small injuries he seems to have suffered. If it is an innocent attack on a tourist for no reason then it is a worrying trend. Lets hope it doesn't spread and if this is the case the police and the courts make an example of these people.

Unbelievable.

ThailandBert probably lives in another Thailand ! As I said quite a few cases I translated for, the victims did absolutely nothing to provoke the attack. THis guy is just an apologist who refuses to see hard reality there it might impair his perfect view he has on the place.

• Like 1

Yes, sad story for sure.

You see quite a lot of the teenagers racing around Hat Napparat.

Sounds to me an instance of alcohol, possibly ya ba fueled (or both) attempts at the youths trying to act big in front of the girls and other guys.

Wrong place at the wrong time for the victims. Bad luck.

• Like 1

They couldn't do anything they wanted because she ran away while they were attacking her boyfriend!

Right Bert - Guess you missed the Aussie tour guide on Phuket murdered while minding her own business. And as for these 'good kickings' you have seen do you really know the reasons? Or are you just assuming they victims deserved it. The originally poster is probably the most sensible poster in this thread. I certainly have seen a foreigner have a bottle smashed over his head and attacked by a mob from a motorcycle queue in Koh Samui. Kicked long after he became unconscious. He was drunk. May have had an argument or whatever. I am still trying to work out what sort of crime merited this very cowardly behaviour. Accept it as a fact of life and enjoy the good bits about the country.

I owned a bar in Chawang for a while and saw many drunken Farang get a good beating but never once saw one that got it for simply minding his own business. Nobody knows what happened here I just don't think it went down the way he says it did.

Just a gut feeling.

If it did happen they way he says it did then it is a worrying thought.

I owned a bar in Chawang for a while and saw many drunken Farang get a good beating but never once saw one that got it for simply minding his own business. Nobody knows what happened here I just don't think it went down the way he says it did.

Just a gut feeling.

You won't give up your pointless theories will you. You can't accept the eye witness report of the OP who assisted the victim with his injuries and say you are correct and the victim did say something to provoke these scum, do you believe such provocation merited such a vicious assault ?

• Like 2

ThailandBert probably lives in another Thailand ! As I said quite a few cases I translated for, the victims did absolutely nothing to provoke the attack. THis guy is just an apologist who refuses to see hard reality there it might impair his perfect view he has on the place.

Not just the fact that his was a stupid postand blatently wrong. The lack of sensitivity and indifferent attitude of some posters on this thread is absolutely shocking.

If people are so keen to pretend nothing like this is going on or seem so desperate to play it down theres no hope for this place and their stupid apologist views do no service to the thai people or thailand whatsoever.

Psychotic garbage like the perpetrators of this assault have no place out loose on the streets and need to be incarcerated.

Not really so shocking Carmine, there are always people that want some sort of conspiracy theory, or think that "no way, must've provoked them somehow".

really beyond the sad part for the victims, we that have lived here awhile will know how this will go down.

-Boys in brown will show some face grabbing a few of the kids

-Kids families may or may not have to pay for some hospital bills

-said families will for sure have to pay BIB

-lo and behold, it all goes away, for sure no time incarcerated for youths, slap on the wrists (maybe). TIT

• Like 1

Just a gut feeling.

It's now been reported in the English Media that another English couple were attacked without provocation in the same area, on the previouse Sunday,perhaps you can make an excuse for that attack as well.

It may well be that you saw drunken Farangs getting a good beating, not all Farangs are innocent,however to warrant a good beating,probably carried out by a number of Thai's,as we all know that's how they like to fight, is not necessary,why did the Thai's not resort to reporting the Farangs to their wonderfull police.

Did you ever witness a farang attacking a Thai,and if so, what was the outcome?

Interesting to see the British press visiting TV for an opinion. I wonder whether any of them will be requested to have a good read by a bored editor desperate to have a filler or dead donkey. Plenty of fodder for them through here.....

Whether the Daily Mail story is sensationalist or not a story needs to be published so that people can be warned. There are more dangerous places in the world to travel, but when something unexpected, like this, happens people need to be made aware.

There 's essentially no police presence in Ao Nang and a very slow response time if you have to call for them . The reason the police are able to apprehend perpetrators like these is because they are often well known to them and they know where to look - which makes you wonder why they are still out there ! My guess being that the system from parents /schooling / police ,down to the courts is inadequate and/or unwilling to deal with the problem.

Beach rd Pattaya has it's unsavoury ladyboy problems , Nopparat Thara has always been a hang-out for youths /gangs ...especially so years ago before the disco there was closed down becuase of all the trouble (and the odd shooting ) .

More tourists ,more money ,more crime yet the same poor levels of policing .....

• Like 1

The reason the police are able to apprehend perpetrators like these is because they are often well known to them and they know where to look - which makes you wonder why they are still out there !

I have always suspected that, when motivated, the Thai police can readily apprehend the correct suspect.

^

seems to have changed now ,went to ao nang tonight and saw police at least 3 times in an hour patrolling on their bikes they even have a tuk tuk that they drive round in now, hope it lasts

Doubt it,few days,then back to their old routine.