Tourist Slashed And Stabbed 5 Times In Unprovoked Attack

Ao nang tonight is very quiet ,with restaurants nearly empty.

Owners scratching their heads in disbelief .Still a lot of malay,chinese,but looks to me very quiet compared to last week..

Maybe i was wrong,people walking now same last week...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the father of the Dutch rape victim's video,a little strange but if it raises awareness then good luck to him.Heard of the same sort of attacks in Rawai,Phuket by gangs of drugged-up feral youths.Same problem all over the world but what's the solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRErWjo809g

What's the solution?

Well it would help if there was a police force to uphold the law, and secondly courts that would base their decisions on justice and not on nationality.

Ok,so that's never going to happen,what's the realistic solution.Apart from coming on Thai Visa to whinge about it?rolleyes.gif

A post encouraging violent revenge has been removed. Any more will be similarly removed and their poster suspended.

A post encouraging violent revenge...unbelievable... on a public forum

Some bad news to tell you all...........

As expected ,by many posters...1 of the boys who is aged 17 has been let free to do this again.

His family posted bail....How much hmm ?A MASSIVE 5000 BAHT .that's 100 uk pounds.

Im done!!! Speechlesssick.gif

As expected ,by many posters...1 of the boys who is aged 17 has been let free to do this again.

His family posted bail....How much hmm ?A MASSIVE 5000 BAHT .that's 100 uk pounds.

unbelievable ! Justice seem a 17 year old boy innocent and not accountable

After another conversation with my friend, who was at the police station today.

It seems that the boy has been released

.A Thai friend of mine told me that it was the boy, that did the slashing .

I'm trying to translate what he told me in Thai.

Maybe there was no money involved.

He meant next time ,he will pay 5000 for bail....Whatever ....he is out and that's that..

..Im trying to give solid information about this attack ,with no BS...

Sometimes things get mixed up in translation.....

Sorry about the misinformation .i will double check next time ..........

Court hearing tomorrow in Krabi town..........I will let you know the outcome....

I'll be astounded if anything happens other than finding a reason for suspending the case ! We can only hope otherwise !

This morning I had a conversation with a cop buddy and according to him the reason why they are so easy on the bail issue is because prisons are overcrowded. Krabi prison for example is made for 700 inmates but is housing 1600 of them ! So apparently everybody gets bail till they are sentenced by the higher courts, meaning after appealing the first court's verdict, criminals will finally end up in prison, this is of course if they haven't found the right people to make it all go away! Only the real poor ones who can't afford bail or whom haven't got friends or relatives to post bail will go directly to prison.

Also the convicted ones rarely serve more then 1/3 of their sentence, knew of a guy got convicted to 10 years yet was released after serving 3 years !

Sad that the government doesn't see this as a urgent issue to deal with.....

Edited by likewise
Wait till news of the release is reported back in the UK. What a statement it sends out. Absolutely shameful episode.

There relying on this news not receiving much if any publicity in the UK.

Anybody know if this has been mentioned in the Thai media?my wife says no.

Went to nopparattara beach,this morning, some workmen repairing the street lights,three policemen patrolling in a tuk tuk and one on a m/cycle.next week they'll be back patrolling their office full time.

• Like 1