Decent Guesthouse In Yangon

samran

samran,

$70-$90 will get you something fairly decent in Yangon.

You actually enter the hotel range in this price bracket - did you mean something a bit cheaper when you said guest house?

Clover Hotel has just opened their new branch downtown, directly behind Traders on 32nd Street, Upper Block.

Its called Clover City Center Hotel...Their own website and FaceSpace pages aren't up and running yet, but you can see them on this link:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/myanmar/yangon/clover_city_center_hotel.html

I went and had a look the other night - brand new and looks great. They quoted an opening 'promotional rate' of USD$80 per night, but they will bump it up to USD$90 during November.

Others around your price range include Panorama Hotel (central downtown, Pansodan Street) and Panda Hotel (Lanmadaw, 2 km West of the city centre)

I am getting numerous people contacting me to ask about quality affordable guest houses. I am preparing a thread which I might pin if we can get a decent number of choices to make it a useful source of low-end accommodation info.

Hope the above helps, let me know if you want more info. And stop picking your nose, your head will cave in (my mother always said)

SVB

SVB - thanks for that.

In terms of price range - more than happy to pay that. And if it gets me a hotel it gets me a hotel.

I do like staying in places with a bit of character though - old colonial places if possible - so I guess I was referring to that type of place when I meant 'guesthouse'. Vientiane has a few like that, so if you've been there you'd be probably know what mean by that.

But thanks again. Recommendations like yours are invaulable.

Cheers

Samran

Edited by samran

Hi samran

I know what you mean about places having a bit of character, hotels are all hotels and it gets a bit generic after a while smile.png

Savoy Hotel on Dhamazedhi Road certainly comes to mind, although it might be a little more in price. Beautiful Colonial style property, great pool, teak floors, nice bar. Not in the centre of town, but not far by taxi, and its just near the Shwedagon Pagoda in a good part of Yangon.

Let me know if you want details and I'll PM them for you.

cheers

SVB