Rice Pudding

rcalsop

This may be the craziest question ever ...but has any body been able to buy pudding rice in Thailand I have looked but never found Pudding Rice ??.the short grained round type. I want to cook rice pudding I miss it, with cream ,nutmeg and "flies in "( to the uninitiated flies = sultanas ) To make the topic less stupid ...has anyone found Ambrosia Creamed rice pudding in a tin ?.

Oh and oxo cubes , the beef knorr with the k pronounced in Thailand they have a very poor taste and mince and dumplings do not taste right also self raising flour for the dumplings is proving problematical , Suet ( Atora is available I have that one solved )

Please help solve a craving

I can't understand why you can't find pudding rice. However, you can make rice pudding with any kind of rice! I actually prefer it with American long grain rice, it has a better texture.

I can't see there being a market for tinned Ambrosia, but you might get it in a place where there are a lot of Brits.

Isn't sticky rice a short grain rice? I made rice-pudding with it before and it was good. Thais also use it for making rice pudding. Have you tried sticky rice with longan? It's very nice.

You should try googling for a RP recipe. I can't remember mine, but its only a reduction of milk, sugar and rice.

:D Oxo cubes (at enormous price) available at Villa supermarkets in Bangers :o

Thanks ,last time they had non as the times before.....I found Bisto powder though , an aansweer to the post above sticky rice is not the same in a rice pudding .. The rice question is strange my Thai wifes favorite rice is Waitroses organic rice imported from the UK from Tops ...it sells out quick and is bloody expensive ... talk about taking coals to Newcastle. .

Still to find good easy self raising flour .

• 2 weeks later...

Success !!!!

I found Waitrose selfraising flour organic or normal ... In TOPS at Rangsit future Park ..

AND short grain Italian Pudding rice ...........expensive but it is now in the stock cupboard and this weekend is rice pudding time .. milk is inthe fridge , sugar in the jar on the shelf . now where did she put the sultanas , nutmeg , butter , and the big pyrex bowl ?????.

Success !!!!

I found Waitrose selfraising flour organic or normal ... In TOPS at Rangsit future Park ..

AND short grain Italian Pudding rice ...........expensive but it is now in the stock cupboard and this weekend is rice pudding time .. milk is inthe fridge , sugar in the jar on the shelf . now where did she put the sultanas , nutmeg , butter , and the big pyrex bowl ?????.

Did you not try sticky rice? That's what I used and it was very good, a tad cheaper too.

Although I often like to buy imported food in Thailand, I never would have considered imported rice... :o

• 4 weeks later...

Success !!!!

Did you not try sticky rice? That's what I used and it was very good, a tad cheaper too.

Although I often like to buy imported food in Thailand, I never would have considered imported rice... :o

I used in the U.K. Chinese Pearl Rice, the one that they used in the "Old Days" worked great. :D