Development Of Social Skills In Thai Children Is Slow, Survey Finds

webfact

Just a thought ...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/10/19/national/national_30052996.php

Snippet ;

Schools told to repair, replace lead-lined coolers

More than 3,000 schools nation-wide used lead-lined water coolers putting pupils at risk of lead contamination, the first part of a survey by the Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec) revealed yesterday.

Published on October 19, 2007

Obec secretary-general Kasama Voravan na Ayudhya told a meeting yesterday of a school network concerned about drinking water contamination Obec and Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth) had recently surveyed 17,254 schools.

It was initially found some 7,681 schools provided drinking water via water coolers, and 3,605 of them used lead-lined tanks, she said. Obec would quickly survey every other school in the country.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33% 5 year olds help friends

80% 4 year olds help friends

62% 3 year olds help friends.

What does that mean?

62% 3 year olds help friends. Means 175%does helping friends=helpful kids.....idiot

What does that mean?

67% 5 year old don't helps friends.

20% 4 year old don't helps friends.

38% 3 year old don't helps friends.= helpless

Means: 125% are not helping their friends. Helpless kids.---.biggrin.png

Who deemed that these behaviors are the "right" behaviors for children? IMO let children be children.

Kids deserve to sit first class (in the front row) especially when adults place themselves in front of them and start blocking their view.

I was trying to point out that from 3 to 4 it went up and then from 4 to 5 it went down. Why was that? Why should it go up and then go down? If the survey was real it would continue to go up or continue to go down or be random not get better for a year and then get worse.

Could it be that the almost 50% attrition from 4 to 5 is actually learned advanced social skills American Style? As in related news, a Sesame Street piece - showing kids voicing support for sharing food with a hungry friend - is declared communist brainwashing by a large American Political Party. Food for thought. :-^

Could it be that the almost 50% attrition from 4 to 5 is actually learned advanced social skills American Style? As in related news, a Sesame Street piece - showing kids voicing support for sharing food with a hungry friend - is declared communist brainwashing by a large American Political Party. Food for thought. :-^

Since when is this a commentary on American children and American politics?

• Like 1

My Thai wife watches the soaps for about 3 or 4 hrs every night, (when she isnt drinking or playing cards with friends), and she is copying more and more the fake crying and hysterical temper tantrums, that she sees.

Even though I tell her how beautiful her tanned skin is, she still thinks these straight nosed, white skin women are so beautiful. She doesnt even get my sarcasm, when I point out how stupid the dark skinned, flat nose servants are.

I was trying to point out that from 3 to 4 it went up and then from 4 to 5 it went down. Why was that? Why should it go up and then go down? If the survey was real it would continue to go up or continue to go down or be random not get better for a year and then get worse.

Probably indicates random variation (cohort effects etc) due to using a sample that's too small to give stable findings... disregard.

Probably indicates random variation (cohort effects etc) due to using a sample that's too small to give stable findings... disregard.

That would be my opinion. The survey is f****d.

My Thai wife watches the soaps for about 3 or 4 hrs every night, (when she isnt drinking or playing cards with friends), and she is copying more and more the fake crying and hysterical temper tantrums, that she sees.

Even though I tell her how beautiful her tanned skin is, she still thinks these straight nosed, white skin women are so beautiful. She doesnt even get my sarcasm, when I point out how stupid the dark skinned, flat nose servants are.

I hope this post was in jest, or.....

Children aged three to five do not realise that what they do affects others' feelings and behaviour

Shouldn't that read, people aged three to 90 do not realise that what they do affects others' feelings and behaviour? whistling.gif

• Like 1