Re Entry Permit Required?

I have a non imm cat o multiple entry visa granted at hull consulate on 24/1/2012 to be utilized before 24/1/2013.

On 21/8/2012 I obtained an extention of stay by way of retirement this is valid until 21/08/2013.

I need to return to the uk do I need a re entry permit or can I still use the multiple entry visa?

Many thanks

WW

You don't NEED a Re-entry permit.

If you leave Thailand, when you come back to the country, as long as it is before 24/1/13 (when you Hull Visa expires) you will be granted another 90 day stay. You will then have to re-apply for a 12 month extension.

If you want to keep the existing 12 month extension "alive" you do need to get a re-entry permit.

I don't usually bother with a re-entry permit - just get the 90 days stamp when you arrive in Thailand then go for a new extension. The cost of the extension at (I think) 3,900B is similar to the re-entry (multiple) permit.

I guess if live in BKK and have the usual 5 hour wait for the 12 month extension there's an incentive to get a re-entry permit :-)

Finally, I understand you can get the re-entry permit now at Suvarnabhumi so that makes it worthwhile as I guess the process will be efficient?

Single re-entry perit 1,000 baht

multiple re-entry permit 3,800 baht

At the airport there is an extra 200 baht fee for the re-entry permit.

extension of stay 1,900 baht.

I am always interested in getting the re entry permit at the airport. I managed it when leaving the floods behind before Christmas but was under the impression that the service was withdrawn, so to be on the safe side, went to immigration for my scheduled spring exit this year.

Is it in fact still available at the airport? I would like to think that I have an alternative if I can't be fagged to go to immigration.

Interesting, where do I find this service?

At which airport? Generally you check in, go to immigration and ask for a re-entry permit before you go through passport control. They will then send you to the right desk.

At Don Muan they send you to a desk behind passport control, while at Suv. only one of the immigration areas has a re-entry desk so you must use the right one. Don't know where the one at CM-airport is.

Note that you must have checked-in for your flight. You can't get one in advance at the airport as they offcially only issue in case of an emergency.

• Like 1

Interesting, where do I find this service?

At which airport? Generally you check in, go to immigration and ask for a re-entry permit before you go through passport control. They will then send you to the right desk.

At Don Muan they send you to a desk behind passport control, while at Suv. only one of the immigration areas has a re-entry desk so you must use the right one. Don't know where the one at CM-airport is.

Note that you must have checked-in for your flight. You can't get one in advance at the airport as they offcially only issue in case of an emergency.

Good to know, thank you.