webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never once heard anyone say they were fined for littering when they didn't

You haven't been here that long.

This is one post you probably will struggle to apologise for Nisa hence your rather dull invented rambling pack of lies...

Been here a while and no matter how much you want to imagine the police going after people and accusing them of littering when the police know they didn't is a bunch of BS and you know it and so does everybody else.

And yes, they do go after foreigners and not Thai people on these litter stings and I personally have no problem with that. Chances are we can afford it and it ain't are country to be littering.

Which exposes it as a scam rather than enforcement.

and your point?

I now look forward to reading of tourist being fined for littering, not having their passports and general harassment from the BIB, this should hopefully discourage tourists from visiting the country.

I was thinking the same thing. This "safety zone" just promotes harassment from the people who are supposed to be stopping the harassers. Amazing Thailand. And I wouldn't post that if I didn't know friends who work in Bangkok who were picked up by police, or people posing as police, along KSR for not having a passport on them. A few thousand baht later, they were let go.

One incident I witnessed at MBK outside National Stadium was to observe the Police actually removing the litter bins from outside the BTS station in order to "catch" more tourists in their scam.

At least they were honest with you as to why they were removing the bins. Or am I wrong to assume they told you this was the reason as opposed to some other reason such as the worry of a bomb (why you see few public trash cans and the ones you do are usually clear) or some other investigative issue.

One incident I witnessed at MBK outside National Stadium was to observe the Police actually removing the litter bins from outside the BTS station in order to "catch" more tourists in their scam.

At least they were honest with you as to why they were removing the bins. Or am I wrong to assume they told you this was the reason as opposed to some other reason such as the worry of a bomb (why you see few public trash cans and the ones you do are usually clear) or some other investigative issue.

Investigative issues? You speak of them as if they are actually pro-actively performing policing duties however the reality is that they are poorly educated petty criminals in uniform that loiter in that area all day to scam and extort money from unsuspecting tourists.

As to how I know what the bins were removed that was quite obvious having stood there and witnessed the whole set-up for several minutes including the removal of the bins then the subsequent 'apprehension' of the first few victims.

You really have become an apologist for anything and everything recently including behaviour such as this which sullies Thailand's reputation and that of its people.

• Like 1

Investigative issues? You speak of them as if they are actually pro-actively performing policing duties however the reality is that they are poorly educated petty criminals in uniform that loiter in that area all day to scam and extort money from unsuspecting tourists.

As to how I know what the bins were removed that was quite obvious having stood there and witnessed the whole set-up for several minutes including the removal of the bins then the subsequent 'apprehension' of the first few victims.

So, assuming what you say is true... what is your point? People shouldn't be fined for littering if there is no trash cans in the immediate area? If so, is it also the police who should be blamed when they go undercover in the west and act like a drunk in the subway to catch people who rob them or when they leave keys in a parked car to catch people who steel the car?

But I am still a bit perplexed as to why these police, who you always want to remind us are lazy, lie, cheat, steal and don't care about the law or people and simply are after foreigners for their money, bother to even move the garbage bins? Why not just simply accuse foreigners of littering even though they didn't? Heavy Drinker says they do. So, if that is true then why bother doing extra work by removing the bins to actually catch people who litter when there are many innocent tourists around to accuse?

Nobody in their right mind would think a country like Thailand given its current state of development is going to not have more corruption than more modern societies but just don't get the need to exaggerated issues and/or acts as if one off incidents are the norm.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

It really gets a bit old hearing some farangs constantly whine about being victims in Thailand for such nonsense things like small fines or paying more to go into a venue than a local. The average farang in this country has it sooooooooooooooo much better than the average Thai and it is just gets sickening to hear the constant whining and complaining about their miserable lives here and their constant focus on the negative while having an inability to accept the way things work here and to learn how to best be part of the community instead of constantly playing the role of victim at the hands of those who are supposedly less intelligent and inferior.

It's one thing to make the occasional joke and such but a complete other to constantly spread this negative cancerous hate like attitude on an on going basis.

Edited by Nisa

People shouldn't be stalked and fined, nor set us as victims.

Thailand should have adequate facilities for disposal of litter.

They should not remove them and then flood the affected area with "police" looking to rip off tourists.

Do you see a pattern forming here or are you really that far removed from reality?

Edited by HeavyDrinker

The average farang in this country has it sooooooooooooooo much better than the average Thai and it is just gets sickening to hear the constant whining and complaining about their miserable lives here and their constant focus on the negative while having an inability to accept the way things work here and to learn how to best be part of the community instead of constantly playing the role of victim at the hands of those who are supposedly less intelligent and inferior.

So do you have no negatives at all Nisa?

People shouldn't be stalked and fined, nor set us as victims.

Thailand should have adequate facilities for disposal of litter.

They should not remove them and then flood the affected area with "police" looking to rip off tourists.

Do you see a pattern forming here or are you really that far removed from reality?

I'm not sure I understand ... why do you think they would remove the bins when just a few posts ago you said they have no problem going after people who don't even littler and accuse them of littering. One is extortion and one wouldn't even rate as entrapment in the west. Do you see a pattern here?

"The initiatives, which will also be implemented in nationwide traveler hotspots such as, Pattaya and Phuket, will pave the way for the Kingdom to hit its tourist revenue target of THB2 trillion in the coming years."

Ah ha! Explains a lot.

Of course, it's clear from the start this is economically motivated, what other possible explanation could there be?

The problem is that if there is any reality to this (I believe most of these have already been specially police safety zones for decades anyway) then the implementation will actually be done to help line the pockets of the corrupt BNB, not for the actual good of the tourist industry.

No one imagines they're doing this for the abstract principle of upholding the law for its own sake, that's just a silly irrelevant dream here.

Why RCA? It's dead during the day and pretty safe at night. The clubs, and RCA owners, provide excellent security throughout the avenue to protect their business.

Yes, but it is determined that one of them's not donating enough to the BNB's favorite charities, there are plenty of misbehaving underage kids around to provide excuses for another crackdown.

I now look forward to reading of tourist being fined for littering, not having their passports and general harassment from the BIB, this should hopefully discourage tourists from visiting the country.

Fines for littering, whether real or imagined by Thai police, have already been occuring for many years. Likewise with harassment in other ways, e.g. traffic related situations.

Never once heard anyone say they were fined for littering when they didn't. However, I know many folks, including myself, who have got nabbed for actually littering. You can complain all you want about having to pay small fines or donations for doing wrong and although you can actually complain about having to pay small fines for imagined wrong doings, I don't think it is a reality. There is no reason for the police to go after people for these types of things when there is no violation because there are so many folks actually committing the violations. When I got nabbed for throwing a butt down on the ground there were already 1 person waiting to paying (negotiating) the fine and while I was waiting the cop who got me got another guy who threw his butt down a few meters from the police stand.

Although not relevant, I still remember minutes before getting nabbed a security guy was up the driveway of a hotel I was walking by and he was making motions to me about smoking and shaking his head and hand to indicate "no". It wasn't until after I realized he was trying to warn me but ignorantly I thought at the time it was just more western influence of some stranger telling another they shouldn't smoke.

And yes, they do go after foreigners and not Thai people on these litter stings and I personally have no problem with that. Chances are we can afford it and it ain't are country to be littering.

Man...you are loosing it more and more! Thailand sure is paradise, huh?! If you fine anyone for littering (eg throwing away a cigarette)...how about putting up some trash- cans? And you don't mind, they go for foreigners, "because they can afford it"? How about expanding this to all kinds of crimes? Just let the Thais go free in general and only go after Farang. Driving without license "Oh, Nong Pan...just go your way, no harm done. But you, Mr. Bill...300 Baht!" Yeah right, that makes a lot of sense.

And they make ridiculous laws for "littering" (without providing any kind of trash can...or hide it so well, it takes a spy- satelite to find it!)...but if whole Klongs are stuck from grabage...ah...mai pen rai! The poor Thais!

• Like 1

The average farang in this country has it sooooooooooooooo much better than the average Thai and it is just gets sickening to hear the constant whining and complaining about their miserable lives here and their constant focus on the negative while having an inability to accept the way things work here and to learn how to best be part of the community instead of constantly playing the role of victim at the hands of those who are supposedly less intelligent and inferior.

I also made the mistake of answereing to some of his rose-tinted points. It is so useless...

Fines for littering, whether real or imagined by Thai police, have already been occuring for many years. Likewise with harassment in other ways, e.g. traffic related situations.

Never once heard anyone say they were fined for littering when they didn't. However, I know many folks, including myself, who have got nabbed for actually littering. You can complain all you want about having to pay small fines or donations for doing wrong and although you can actually complain about having to pay small fines for imagined wrong doings, I don't think it is a reality. There is no reason for the police to go after people for these types of things when there is no violation because there are so many folks actually committing the violations. When I got nabbed for throwing a butt down on the ground there were already 1 person waiting to paying (negotiating) the fine and while I was waiting the cop who got me got another guy who threw his butt down a few meters from the police stand.

Although not relevant, I still remember minutes before getting nabbed a security guy was up the driveway of a hotel I was walking by and he was making motions to me about smoking and shaking his head and hand to indicate "no". It wasn't until after I realized he was trying to warn me but ignorantly I thought at the time it was just more western influence of some stranger telling another they shouldn't smoke.

Man...you are loosing it more and more! Thailand sure is paradise, huh?! If you fine anyone for littering (eg throwing away a cigarette)...how about putting up some trash- cans? And you don't mind, they go for foreigners, "because they can afford it"? How about expanding this to all kinds of crimes? Just let the Thais go free in general and only go after Farang. Driving without license "Oh, Nong Pan...just go your way, no harm done. But you, Mr. Bill...300 Baht!" Yeah right, that makes a lot of sense.

And they make ridiculous laws for "littering" (without providing any kind of trash can...or hide it so well, it takes a spy- satelite to find it!)...but if whole Klongs are stuck from grabage...ah...mai pen rai! The poor Thais!

I have no idea why you are responding to my post as your comments have absolutely nothing to do with my post. If you want to debate or comment on my post then try to call me out on something I said and not your delusions of what you think I said or want to claim I said.

Edited by Nisa

...for example...?????

...for example...?????

Great! Now if your goal is to share your views or opinion on my comments then proceed but this time try to do it without starting off with a personal attack and going into rants about nonsense unrelated things.all to make strawman arguments or just vent without clearly stating what it is that got you upset but my best guess it was something to do with your claimed belief the above was my saying "Thailand sure is paradise"

But no harm and no foul, we all rant sometimes but sometimes just better to point out the rant then to try and argue with it.

I also made the mistake of answereing to some of his rose-tinted points. It is so useless...

When it comes to Eyewear, I'll pick the Rose Tinted Lenses over the Fecal Speckled Spectacles every day wink.png

...for example...?????

Great! Now if your goal is to share your views or opinion on my comments then proceed but this time try to do it without starting off with a personal attack and going into rants about nonsense unrelated things.all to make strawman arguments or just vent without clearly stating what it is that got you upset but my best guess it was something to do with your claimed belief the above was my saying "Thailand sure is paradise"

But no harm and no foul, we all rant sometimes but sometimes just better to point out the rant then to try and argue with it.

Yeah...whatever! Just read to my first post again...you may actually find some points there.

...for example...?????

Yeah...whatever! Just read to my first post again...you may actually find some points there.

Well can't say I didn't try to have a reasonable conversation with you. I was actually looking forward to the prospect since I was bored and waiting to unwind from working before heading off to sleep.

Edited by Nisa

...for example...?????

Well can't say I didn't try to have a reasonable conversation with you. I was actually looking forward to the prospect since I was bored and waiting to unwind from working before heading off to sleep.

Good night!

I don't if this is funny or just sad? sad.png Safety zones where only the police have the right to scam tourists?

Anyone following the news,the last couple of weeks, can not be unaware of that behind many serious crimes committed in Thailand, is a Pol Col or a Pol Maj. All from drugs to murders. And it is not a big secret, that the masterminds behind the drugtrade in Patpong (bulldoze itbah.gif ) are the BIB. So if you want to create "safety zones", maybe BIB-free would be a good start! thumbsup.gif

I have to ask, after seeing it a hundred times in Thaivisa, and only Thaivisa. What is "BIB'? Why do those letters translate to 'police'? I can't be the only one mystified by these initials.

I don't if this is funny or just sad? sad.png Safety zones where only the police have the right to scam tourists?

Anyone following the news,the last couple of weeks, can not be unaware of that behind many serious crimes committed in Thailand, is a Pol Col or a Pol Maj. All from drugs to murders. And it is not a big secret, that the masterminds behind the drugtrade in Patpong (bulldoze itbah.gif ) are the BIB. So if you want to create "safety zones", maybe BIB-free would be a good start! thumbsup.gif

I have to ask, after seeing it a hundred times in Thaivisa, and only Thaivisa. What is "BIB'? Why do those letters translate to 'police'? I can't be the only one mystified by these initials.

Boys in Brown

OK, I'll say it:

So <deleted> is a safety zone?

A safety zone is a inner circle where there are no LBs, no you lucky man, no Tuk Tuk and no drunk Brits looking for a fight. Outside the safety zone is the danger zone. Welcome to the Jungle also its more fun.

Defending the BIB & metropolitan police when they target Farangs is ludicrous. They get their pay-offs from the vendors, bars, taxis & motorcycle 'road blocks' so why is it ok to rip off tourists walking on the street? I've watched them on Sukhumvit & its tourists who are the target - because they are easy pickings. Resident Farangs know the score & don't ask for trouble. Thais who litter are ignored.

BIB-free areas are more likely to be safe than areas where they operate (as a semi-mafia).

• Like 1

Defending the BIB & metropolitan police when they target Farangs is ludicrous. They get their pay-offs from the vendors, bars, taxis & motorcycle 'road blocks' so why is it ok to rip off tourists walking on the street? I've watched them on Sukhumvit & its tourists who are the target - because they are easy pickings. Resident Farangs know the score & don't ask for trouble. Thais who litter are ignored.

BIB-free areas are more likely to be safe than areas where they operate (as a semi-mafia).

I live on Sukhumvit (near Asoke). I walk regularly (almost daily) in that area. I have been stopped 6 times in as many months from both traffic cops and patrol cops around Asoke asking to see my passport, then subjecting me to a body search.

When my friend recently had her bag snatched - the nearby traffic cop told her he couldn't (wouldn't) help as he was a traffic cop - not a patrol (general cop). Yet it would seem that checking passports is part of his duty.

I have seen an increase in the number of these 'civil' police (who look like cops but are not) in the Asoke - Nana areas and they are always ready to pounce on people for littering. I cannot say if the people they catch are guilty or not - but can say that the 'victims' have been 100 % farang 100% of the time (that I have seen). And that the Thais have been ignored when they drop their cigarette butts or empty water bottle.

The last victim I saw a few days ago (farang of course) didn't have enough money to pay his 2000 baht fine and the kind (fake) cop directed him to the nearest ATM machine.

What I find appauling is that Bangkok is covered in litter on almost every street corner and you almost never see any litter bins - yet they have the audacity to fine (only) a farang for chucking a fag butt in the gutter. How the hell did all the trash end up on the street corners ?? where were the plastic BiB then ?

• Like 1