Crash Helmets

Ormgard

Big C has crash helmets, the most expensive one is B 1056. But the maximum size is L (large) which gives me claustrophobia, it being too small for a thick-headed farang like me. Or, as someone said, helmets are supposed to fit tight, otherwise your brain is rattled around too much when you take that fall off your bike (which you almost inevitable will).

Is there a good shop for helmets in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai?

Hello mr ottokar

The best shop i found in CR for helmets is:

coming from the nightbasar walking towards the funny house at the trafficklights turn left walk 25 steps then it is at your right hand side.

The do L XL and imported helmets.

Hello mr ottokar

The best shop i found in CR for helmets is:

coming from the nightbasar walking towards the funny house at the trafficklights turn left walk 25 steps then it is at your right hand side.

The do L XL and imported helmets.

Many thanks Erg!

Unfortunately the shop no longer carries XL sizes crash helmets, only L. Also they don't have any imports, only Thai brands - the most expensive is around 650 baht. Big C has a larger assortment.

I'll have to go to Pattaya...

We had a thread on this last year, and it's here somewhere. Anyway, I'd give different directions: first, go to Chiang Mai. Then, from the east (outer) side of the moat going southbound toward Tha Pae Gate, turn left at Chang Moi street (perhaps that's at Mike's Hamburgers). On the right, about the second soi, is an accessory shop that had all kinds and sizes. Bought a full-size XL Nova Integrale N37 from Italy, for 1,500 baht. When I crashed at Mae Tang in it, I probably saved myself another 25,000 in surgery. he let me try on several XL's before I felt comfortable. Back home, I wear 7 7/8 or XXL, and a cheap full face Nolan sells for $180, except Valentino Rossi's probably costs $1,900.

Edited by PeaceBlondie