Canadian, Australian Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

webfact

Foreigners found dead in hotel room

BANGKOK – A Canadian and an Australian were found dead in a hotel room in Klong Toey district of Bangkok, police said.

Police found the bodies of Angus Eric Campbell, 27, and Casamel Stephen, 31, with several bottles of alcohol and a “white powder” thought to be a drug in their room.

They had been dead for 12-24 hours, police said.

Police believed that the two men had overdosed on the drug. Their bodies have been sent for autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Police have also sent the white substance to the lab to check what kind of drug it is.

Source: http://www.bangkokpo...d-in-hotel-room

-- Bangkok Post 2012-10-26

footer_n.gif

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something very similar happened in Chiang Mai perhaps ten years ago.

Two Australian men were found dead in a hotel room where they had been drinking all day - and apparently snorting heroin. The police determined that they overdosed on heroin potentiated by acute alcohol intoxication.

It always seemed like a weird way to accidentally die to me - and, indeed, I wonder how close to the truth this explanation was.

coke in Thailand is unlikely to be anymore then 5 - 10% coke and cut with all manner of things then meth added to give it a kick.

My source we tested samples in the lab a few years ago.

pete66 - yes people snort heroin as well. However you are right generally it is injected or smoked but snorting it does get it into the bloodstream as well.

Who cares what the "real truth" was. Bottom line is that a couple of drunk holidayers were snorting drugs of some kind and they died. Play with fire and you're going to get burned.

It could save someone else life.

• Like 2

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

What the police choose to "believe" in Thailand is rarely relevant.

Maybe....

White powder in Thailand will either be:

- Cocaine

- Ketamine

- MDMA

- Heroin

Most likely it'll be cocaine. ODs are pretty rare.

With Heroin, that's a lot more likely to kill 2 users, esp if it's a lot stronger than they are used to.

you are forgetting meth, and mdma powder is rarely white, it is usually biege. Both are generally crystalline though may have been ground and stepped on.

Also the newspaper does not report a rig or a pipe in the room. Snorting MDMA or Meth is quite painful. you would have to be seriously committed to hoover back enough to kill, if it is even possible.

Pretty hard to snort back enough ketamine to kill you though it would be easier on the nose

heroin sounds most likely, though i cant imagine there would be any profit in substituting, a contaminated product would be be best bet to kill both.

all in all the information given is very thin, Klong Toei could mean slum or Sukhumvit and the likelihood of heroin or poison increases if it means the actual Klong Toei slum area.

I find it hard to believe that communication could have them looking for coke or ice and ending up with heroin, the terminology is pretty standard across the two languages.

I doubt any real clarification will be forthcoming.

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

What the police choose to "believe" in Thailand is rarely relevant.

Maybe....

White powder in Thailand will either be:

- Cocaine

- Ketamine

- MDMA

- Heroin

Most likely it'll be cocaine. ODs are pretty rare.

With Heroin, that's a lot more likely to kill 2 users, esp if it's a lot stronger than they are used to.

A very sad way to go. Whatever has happened to them and what ever the outcome will be- it won't bring them back to life. I feel sorry for their families and friends.

Speed is also white, but two people overdosing on speed is pretty much uncommon, not saying that the cause of their deaths was drug related.

Heroin from the north could be a possibility, as it's mostly much stronger than in any other countries. Also called # four.

Destroy all that can destroy you.------wai2.gif

Thats what I was thinking, maybe the "white powde" was relatively pure stuff and the amount proved fatal.

Really sad at such a young age...

Which dealer would be selling pure stuff for the normal market prize? Sounds shooting your own foot...... cowboy.gif

• Like 2

This is really common, I had a friend die this way in Cambodia. These chaps thought they were buying cocaine but ended up with heroin. One can snort a great deal of cocaine and be no worse off than a shocking hangover and agonizing embarrassment but the same amount of heroin will kill.

problem with coca in thailand is that its never a rock, always powder and stepped on without a doubt.

heroin is some horrible stuff and much stronger than the stuff in the west.

RIP and condolences to family and friends, we won’t jump to any conclusions over the cause of the young men’s sad deaths, only white powder stuff found in their room and no one knows what it is doesn’t mean a thing in Thailand anyone could have planted it in the room if they had been snorting / taking anything I am sure they would have finished it off and not left it lying around in the room. For people to find.