BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Canadian, Australian Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

Foreigners found dead in hotel room

BANGKOK – A Canadian and an Australian were found dead in a hotel room in Klong Toey district of Bangkok, police said.

Police found the bodies of Angus Eric Campbell, 27, and Casamel Stephen, 31, with several bottles of alcohol and a “white powder” thought to be a drug in their room.

They had been dead for 12-24 hours, police said.

Police believed that the two men had overdosed on the drug. Their bodies have been sent for autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Police have also sent the white substance to the lab to check what kind of drug it is.

Source: http://www.bangkokpo...d-in-hotel-room

-- Bangkok Post 2012-10-26

footer_n.gif

Poor guys , sorry for them but also stupid of them for using drugs (if they were really using). RIP.

Something very similar happened in Chiang Mai perhaps ten years ago.

Two Australian men were found dead in a hotel room where they had been drinking all day - and apparently snorting heroin. The police determined that they overdosed on heroin potentiated by acute alcohol intoxication.

It always seemed like a weird way to accidentally die to me - and, indeed, I wonder how close to the truth this explanation was.

My money would be on the white power being some sort of knockout drug that they thought was cocaine...

• Like 1

coke in Thailand is unlikely to be anymore then 5 - 10% coke and cut with all manner of things then meth added to give it a kick.

My source we tested samples in the lab a few years ago.

pete66 - yes people snort heroin as well. However you are right generally it is injected or smoked but snorting it does get it into the bloodstream as well.

Thats what I was thinking, maybe the "white powde" was relatively pure stuff and the amount proved fatal.

Really sad at such a young age...

Who cares what the "real truth" was. Bottom line is that a couple of drunk holidayers were snorting drugs of some kind and they died. Play with fire and you're going to get burned.

It could save someone else life.

• Like 2

Perhaps they thought they were getting Coke but were in fact getting high ish quality heroin. Happens all the time in Cambodia sadly.