Canadian, Australian Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

webfact

Why oh why would you want to do this to yourself?? 27 and 31 <deleted>.

Drugs are the scourge of our time.

What a joke this statement is. Drug policy is the scourge of our time.

Alcohol is a drug. Tobacco is a drug. Medication from the pharmacy are drugs. Drugs are clearly not 'the scourge of our time.' It is the way we view drugs, the way we isolate some and discriminate against them, and mostly it is the way we view drug users / addicts - not as sick people who desperately need our help but as criminals who deserve to be punished for their crimes.

If they could have popped along to a chemist and bought cocaine safely certainly they would still be alive.

So in a way I suppose, you are correct.

• Like 1

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP and condolences to family and friends, we won’t jump to any conclusions over the cause of the young men’s sad deaths, only white powder stuff found in their room and no one knows what it is doesn’t mean a thing in Thailand anyone could have planted it in the room if they had been snorting / taking anything I am sure they would have finished it off and not left it lying around in the room. For people to find.

" if they had been snorting / taking anything I am sure they would have finished it off and not left it lying around in the room. For people to find"

The only problem I find with that statement is that they may have died before getting a chance of hide it from people............coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

What the police choose to "believe" in Thailand is rarely relevant.

Why is it unlikely. It'll be smack and stronger than they're used to. Quite common.

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

And what the ThaiVisa regulars choose to "believe" is highly predictable.

(1) TRIBUTES WERE paid to one of two young men who died from a suspected drugs overdose in Co Cork at the weekend as he was laid to rest in Dungarvan. The two are suspected to have died from a drug overdose, possibly from a bad batch of narcotics, but toxicology results may not be known for some weeks.

Gardai are investigating whether toxic cocaine may have caused their deaths, but a source close to the investigation said gardai are also looking at the possibility that a mixture of drugs may have been involved.

http://www.irishtime...4323959438.html

(2) Police are investigating the deaths of two adults found dead in a Belleville home as possible drug overdoses.

(3) Mansfield Police say that 19-year-old Connor Brandon of Acton and 27-year-old Dominic Impelizzieri of Syracuse, New York overdosed on drugs and alcohol. http://boston.cbsloc...l-in-mansfield/

Edited by Suradit69

i suspect OD's from heroin are going to be more and more common. In the 60's, the heroin in the US was a mild 3-6%, today it's closer to 60% and showing up in elementary schools. It's really gaining momentum. I personally suspect, with the US now with airport access for "weather studies" the heroin that is protected by the US troops in Afghanistan is going to come here as well. No better way to take over a country than to infect it with an addiction. just sayin' whistling.gif

• Like 1

Like the man said, WHY? I cannot fathom why anyone would take any sort of drugs when they must know the consequences of their actions. They were risking 20 years to capital punishment just having the stuff in the first place, instead they got premature death. I feel for the families and loved ones not the druggies.

• Like 1

According to my mother who is a qualified nursing sister, most deaths in coke and other drugs are not always from the drug itself. It has more to do with what it is mixed with. Common elements of rat poison are used also lime, predominant in coke which causes the

'nose rot" in Cocaine users.

• Like 1

Why is it highly unlikely? This happens all the time in the US, especially with heroin. Multiple people indulging from the same sack of heroin, which might be much more pure than they are used to. Lights out, case closed. I'm not saying that's what happened for sure, I'm saying it is not highly unlikely.

Alcohol is a drug. Tobacco is a drug. Medication from the pharmacy are drugs. Drugs are clearly not 'the scourge of our time.' It is the way we view drugs, the way we isolate some and discriminate against them, and mostly it is the way we view drug users / addicts - not as sick people who desperately need our help but as criminals who deserve to be punished for their crimes.

If they could have popped along to a chemist and bought cocaine safely certainly they would still be alive.

Why would that be then? It's impossible to overdose on drugs from a chemist, is it?

Another idiotic comment.

Just an observation re some other comments; there seems to be an uncomfortably large number of posters who know so much about illegal drugs and their consumption. It's almost as if some are bragging about their knowledge. Maybe this should be taken into account when reading some of the non-sensical posts that appear on TV.

i suspect OD's from heroin are going to be more and more common. In the 60's, the heroin in the US was a mild 3-6%, today it's closer to 60% and showing up in elementary schools. It's really gaining momentum. I personally suspect, with the US now with airport access for "weather studies" the heroin that is protected by the US troops in Afghanistan is going to come here as well. No better way to take over a country than to infect it with an addiction. just sayin' whistling.gif

It was smuggled into the states in the bodies of Vietnam Vets 40 years ago, with the collusion of everyone involved. I lived in the Triangle at that time.

Poor fellas, just trying to have a good time in Bangkok eh and look what happens. Terrible. Just terrible. Low quality Thai drugs are to blame, not the choices of these two individuals who were only trying to party

Hmmm...if people wish to 'party' and 'have a good time' in this way then they should know the possible consequences of buying drugs in a third world country. There are much better ways to party in Thailand without doing anything dangerous to themselves at all.

Whatever mom. Thanks for the life lesson. And that my friends, is one to grow on!

• Like 2

A police conspiracy theory post has been removed as well as the replies quoting it.

Another post has been edited to remove a snide comment regarding rule 31, here is the pertinent part of rule 31 which was being referred about:

In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

RIP and condolences to family and friends, we won’t jump to any conclusions over the cause of the young men’s sad deaths, only white powder stuff found in their room and no one knows what it is doesn’t mean a thing in Thailand anyone could have planted it in the room if they had been snorting / taking anything I am sure they would have finished it off and not left it lying around in the room. For people to find.

You obviously know nothing about drug use.

Perhaps they bought a few grams for personal use. If the news report is correct, they would have cut a few lines for ingestion (probably snorting) say a half gram so unused amount would still be in the room. Even in Western countries there are cases of experienced users dying in clusters from overdose if a purer batch of heroin is imported. Also users die in Western countries when heron is mixed with chemicals for street users. In any case combining alcohol and heroin use can be lethal; as happened to a friend of mine. Assuming the drug was heroin, once snorted the rush will be quick leaving the user incapacitated for a while or as in this case, dead.

Edited by simple1

Too bad the whole death thing got in their way before they were able to finish it? What a silly thing to say.

Who cares what the "real truth" was. Bottom line is that a couple of drunk holidayers were snorting drugs of some kind and they died. Play with fire and you're going to get burned.

Well - it could quite easily of been a murder.

Let's say a relative of yours was murdered and someone left some white powder in the room. Would you be interested in the real truth?

How about this, then: Self-medication with drugs of a dubious nature/quality can be hazardous to one's health?

• Like 1

Why would that be then? It's impossible to overdose on drugs from a chemist, is it?

Another idiotic comment.

Just an observation re some other comments; there seems to be an uncomfortably large number of posters who know so much about illegal drugs and their consumption. It's almost as if some are bragging about their knowledge. Maybe this should be taken into account when reading some of the non-sensical posts that appear on TV.

Actually, most of the posts that I see, in which the poster claims to be very knowledgeable about drug users and drug use, are complete fantasies. They seem to be getting their fantastical knowledge from B movies about drug users.

• Like 1

According to my mother who is a qualified nursing sister, most deaths in coke and other drugs are not always from the drug itself. It has more to do with what it is mixed with. Common elements of rat poison are used also lime, predominant in coke which causes the

'nose rot" in Cocaine users.

Cocaine itself causes nose rot.

It shrinks the capilliaries and in the case of the nose cuts off the blood flow to that area. Over time, the continual cutting off of the blood flow causes the flesh to die.

A lot of people that die from coke have straightforward heart attacks because of the long term effects or because most drug users are physically unfit and stimulants cause the heart to race. A night on coke is like running a marathon for your heart, so if you are a bit chubby,drink too much, smoke - you are really putting yourself in danger.

If you OD on coke itself you are likely to have a grandmal seizure before you get to the point of death.

This is why people are saying that coke is unlikely to be the suspect because the heart attack route would be unlikely occur in 2 people on the same night and if one of them seized, they'd probably freak out & stop.

Coke is a lot more dangerous long term than people give it credit for. Still, 2 deaths at the same time is quite unusual.

• Like 1

Obviously nobody here has seen Pulp Fiction where Uma Thurman has a famous scene from overdosing on snorted Heroin. .

People will often travel and do things they wouldn't do at home which includes sleeping with prostitutes and trying new drugs. Lots of people go to Amsterdam for that reason.

That said I have been openly offered drugs in streets or bars (offer not taken) in the US (Florida, New York and LA), the UK, Holland, Indonesia , Spain and Singapore.

While I've always been told drugs are generally available in Thailand I have never been offered them or seen them being used.

That may just be my age now though.

\

The history of the world can be written about drug use. It is nothing new and not specific to our time.

I really don't see two people ODing at the same time as a normal occurance and recall that people getting poisoned is becoming a common occurrance in Thailand.

Been around awhile and never heard of so many mysterious poison incidents.

Edited by Whidbeyboy
  • Like 2

Canadian, Australian found dead in Bangkok hotel

BANGKOK, Oct 26, 2012 (AFP) - A Canadian and an Australian tourist have been found dead in a Bangkok hotel after a suspected drug overdose, Thai tourist police said Friday.

A maid found the bodies of the two men, who are believed to be aged 31 and 27-years-old respectively, slumped in a room in the Park Plaza, a hotel in one of main the tourist drags of the Thai capital late Thursday.

Their bodies were found alongside an unknown white powder and drug taking paraphernalia.

"At the initial autopsy the forensic doctor said they died from a drug overdose," the tourist policeman, who wanted to remain anonymous told AFP, adding tests will be carried out on the powder.

Thailand's reputation as a tourist paradise has been tarnished recently after the deaths of several holidaymakers including two Canadian sisters on the resort island of Phi Phi in a suspected poisoning case in June.

In August, a British and a French tourist died in a nightclub blaze on Phuket island in another blow to Thailand's image -- already tarnished over recent years by deadly political unrest, devastating floods, and concerns about violent crimes against foreigners.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-10-26