Canadian, Australian Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

webfact

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

What the police choose to "believe" in Thailand is rarely relevant.

Couldn't of said it better. Either the drug was a plant, or they were poisoned.

• Like 1

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Foreigners Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

1.jpeg

A 27-year-old Australian and a 31-year-old Canadian were found dead in their Bangkok hotel room by the maid. Police assume the two men had overdosed on drugs after noticing a mysterious white powder on a desk.

BANGKOK – October 25, 2012 [PDN]: at 8 P.M., a report that two foreigners had died in a hotel in Ratchadapisek, Meetong, was received by Pol. Capt. Adisak Laodee, the detective officer at Lumpini police station. The detective inspector and police officers rushed to the scene, along with the forensic department officers from Chulalongkorn hospital and the rescue team from Ruamkatanyoo foundation.

The deaths occurred in room 504 on the fifth-floor of the hotel. Police found the bodies of the foreigners in the room. One man was lying on his back near the bed, wearing brown shorts and a black T-shirt. He was identified as Mr. Angus Campbell, age 27, from Australia.

The second man was sitting on a cushion, his back leaning on a wall, wearing light-brown cropped pants and a blue polo shirt. He was identified as Mr. Casamel Stevens, age 31, from Canada. There were no injuries or signs of a beating on their bodies. The men had been dead somewhere between 12 to 24 hours, police estimated.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...kok-hotel-room/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-10-26

footer_n.gif

It looks unlikely to be a case of hotel death syndrome; still, I hope there are independent autopsies done in their home countries, just in case this is a cover-up and the drug stuff is a plant. The last thing Thailand needs is another pair of travelers dying together mysteriously in a Thai hotel. So there is some motive to conceal.

• Like 1

Two young men overdosing at the same time on a drug in powder form is highly highly unlikely. Either (a) they were sold poison, or ( b ) something else entirely happened.

Maybe....

White powder in Thailand will either be:

- Cocaine

- Ketamine

- MDMA

- Heroin

Most likely it'll be cocaine. ODs are pretty rare.

With Heroin, that's a lot more likely to kill 2 users, esp if it's a lot stronger than they are used to.

Either way, seems crazy to travel to a foreign land, where you could serve a harsh sentence, and still have the dim wits to find a way to obtain drugs from an unknown source.

Rolled up bank note indicates they were snorting it... so at the very least they thought it was coke i guess... what are the pink pills next to it do you reckon? The powder has the colour of babymilk

Snorting heroin is common. However the spoons likely indicate they were either cooking the drug for injection or using the spoon to crush up pills or crystal meth to snort or inject. My guess would be they were mixing drugs and alcohol. No real way to tell what the white powder is by the picture as cocaine and speed can be white to off white and heroin can be anything from white to black. I am curious about the pills as well as the plastic bag with something black in it.

Couldn't of said it better. Either the drug was a plant, or they were poisoned.

And you know this for a fact do you? Case solved then!

Whatever this white powder was unsure.pngunsure.png Why speculate rolleyes.gif !. If the autopsy & forensic lab find something and give a true report clap2.gif then and only then can you pass judgment on these two unfortunate men. Let them RIP

Speculation is the order of the day, especially when

scant information can be gleaned from these "news".

Poor guys , sorry for them but also stupid of them for using drugs (if they were really using). RIP.

If they really were using drugs, then I don't feel sorry for them. As a previous poster said, drugs are the scourge of our time.

Guaranteed they thought they had bought Coke and were actualy sold Heroin - happened to someone I know and he was lucky the girl next to him in his bed saw him choking on his own vomit shortly after taking it..!!

Drug dealers in BKK have no qualms who they sell to or what they sell - Be very careful who you buy your party powder off in BKK if that's your thing..!!!

Edited by Rickhkesq

Poor guys , sorry for them but also stupid of them for using drugs (if they were really using). RIP.

If they really were using drugs, then I don't feel sorry for them. As a previous poster said, drugs are the scourge of our time.

Thou must be the Fittest, Non Smoking, Non drinking, Non Medication, Non Herb User in the World. Whats the Air like?
  • Like 2

Please be aware that relatives and friends of the deceased might also read these posts. You don't feel sorry for them, if they wanted to use drugs, got the wrong stuff and died?

Drugs were and will always be around us. Used for medicine, but also used as drugs to get high.

Considering that alcohol is the worst, but -of course- legal- drug, because of incoming taxes.

I'd say that alcohol's the scourge of our time. What's also fascinating is that TV members do know so much about drugs that we could make our own police force and a story telling department for mentally destroyed dinosaurs.

Whatever they wanted to sniff or inject, you'll find places in Thailand, where it's tolerated.

There's a place in the north of Thailand, where something similar happens pretty often. Of course the foreigners didn't die overdosed on heroin as Thailand is drug free regarding some politicians.

Rest in Peace guys.---wai2.gif

• Like 1

One would hafto have put some on the tong first to see if the tong goes cold num ( cocaine ),

One only needs a crum of heroine to get high on ,especialy when injecting white heroine .

One line of white heroine will kill you for shore.

Especialy with alcohol.

Sounds like the lack of education in this stuff has killed them,

or some dodgee dealer.

Poor fellas, just trying to have a good time in Bangkok eh and look what happens. Terrible. Just terrible. Low quality Thai drugs are to blame, not the choices of these two individuals who were only trying to party

Sorry but they are NOT poor fellas, just STUPID fellas.

ANYONE who plays with drugs deserve all they get in my opinion.

To put your life on the line at thee young ages is.

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

coffee1.gif

Two foreigners found dead in Bangkok hotel

BANGKOK, Oct 26 - One Canadian and one Australian national were found dead in a Bangkok hotel room with cocaine in their possession. Drug overdose is initially presumed to be the cause of death.

Pol Maj Gen Parinya Chansuriya, Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police said that Angus Eric Campbell, 27 and Casamel Stephen, 31 were found dead at the Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel.

There were no visible wounds on their bodies and no trace of a search for valuables in the room. They died in seated position on chairs with cocaine found on the floor.

The bodies were sent for autopsy to determine the exact cause of deaths before the police will contact the embassies to retrieve the bodies. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-26

you are forgetting meth, and mdma powder is rarely white, it is usually biege.

That would be dirty meth with a poor job of removing the iodine. I've only seen it as pure white, not Thailand, and it only takes 50mg to overdose depending on individual, and compounded with alcohol. If it was a cocktail mix, meth/heroin/etc. then even greater chance of OD.

its the beginning of the high season, thai govt need their 2 trillion baht tourist income. So lets dont scare foreigner.

Yesterday, a cop was caught smuggling for millions of drugs...they are not short of white powder.

In the case of the 2 deaths, will not be surprise if they planted the evidence in their room... but who know?

Edited by Bender

Absolutely agree...first thing I though of as well....as usual, the story appears very incomplete allowing to many follow up questions to be asked that very well can challenge the police report

Every one is saying how sorry they are for the decedents but it is a safe bet that no one held them down and shoved the 'stuff what ever it was' into

whatever orifice that was used.

And you don't have to come to Thailand to have this sort of good time.

For my money there are much more pleasurable ways to have a good time in the realm (and I am not talking about visiting temples)

Finally the likelihood of an honest unbiased investigation and outcome here has about as much chance as a snowball in hell.

Why oh why would you want to do this to yourself?? 27 and 31 <deleted>.

Drugs are the scourge of our time.

Its not the drugs that are the scourge of our time ,it's the abuse not use of drugs that is the scourge !

Poor fellas, just trying to have a good time in Bangkok eh and look what happens. Terrible. Just terrible. Low quality Thai drugs are to blame, not the choices of these two individuals who were only trying to party

Sorry but they are NOT poor fellas, just STUPID fellas.

ANYONE who plays with drugs deserve all they get in my opinion.

To put your life on the line at thee young ages is.

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

coffee1.gif

Unfortunately this word "drugs" is more of a problem than that which they describe.

Coffee, alcohol, "bai kratom", marijouana, LSD, cocaine and heroine are all "drugs". Coffee and alcohol and legal. The rest aren't, presumably because of 'dangers'. Many young people, educated that "drugs are dangerous", smoke marijouana and assume that the outright lies applied to marijouana are applied to every other drug, hence its "gateway drug" tag. And the rest, certainly for the last century, is history.

The fact is that ALL drugs need to be internationally re-classified. The true danger levels of things like pure (i.e. no washing powder) cocaine and heroine, when properly injested, might well surprise a few of the posters here (as well as the danger of alcohol in comparison).

• Like 1