Canadian, Australian Found Dead In Bangkok Hotel Room

webfact

Two boys partying? Why would they come to Thailand to sit in a room and snort substances in each other's company unless they were gays? Let's wait for the substance report. Sounds like that may open a few more options and I would bet there is foul play involved. Hotel in Klong Toei? Again why would anyone want to stay there?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two boys partying? Why would they come to Thailand to sit in a room and snort substances in each other's company unless they were gays? Let's wait for the substance report. Sounds like that may open a few more options and I would bet there is foul play involved. Hotel in Klong Toei? Again why would anyone want to stay there?

Its actually quite a nice hotel according to the photos etc i see on places like Agoda. And the hotel is near Asoke, so not the slum you are thinking of... (awaits witty quip about how Asoke is a slum etc)

Who cares what the "real truth" was. Bottom line is that a couple of drunk holidayers were snorting drugs of some kind and they died. Play with fire and you're going to get burned.

Where does it say anything about them "snorting"?

Poor guys , sorry for them but also stupid of them for using drugs (if they were really using). RIP.

If they really were using drugs, then I don't feel sorry for them. As a previous poster said, drugs are the scourge of our time.

Please be aware that relatives and friends of the deceased might also read these posts. You don't feel sorry for them, if they wanted to use drugs, got the wrong stuff and died?

Drugs were and will always be around us. Used for medicine, but also used as drugs to get high.

Considering that alcohol is the worst, but -of course- legal- drug, because of incoming taxes.

I'd say that alcohol's the scourge of our time. What's also fascinating is that TV members do know so much about drugs that we could make our own police force and a story telling department for mentally destroyed dinosaurs.

Whatever they wanted to sniff or inject, you'll find places in Thailand, where it's tolerated.

There's a place in the north of Thailand, where something similar happens pretty often. Of course the foreigners didn't die overdosed on heroin as Thailand is drug free regarding some politicians.

Rest in Peace guys.---wai2.gif

With the possible exception of cannabis (I understand people with MS and such like use cannabis and it benefits them greatly)people who use drugs are as guilty as those who supply them, as there would be no dealers if there weren't any users, but let me emphasis again, as far as I know it hasn't yet been proved that the deceased were using drugs.

Poor guys , sorry for them but also stupid of them for using drugs (if they were really using). RIP.

If they really were using drugs, then I don't feel sorry for them. As a previous poster said, drugs are the scourge of our time.

Please be aware that relatives and friends of the deceased might also read these posts. You don't feel sorry for them, if they wanted to use drugs, got the wrong stuff and died?

Drugs were and will always be around us. Used for medicine, but also used as drugs to get high.

Considering that alcohol is the worst, but -of course- legal- drug, because of incoming taxes.

I'd say that alcohol's the scourge of our time. What's also fascinating is that TV members do know so much about drugs that we could make our own police force and a story telling department for mentally destroyed dinosaurs.

Whatever they wanted to sniff or inject, you'll find places in Thailand, where it's tolerated.

There's a place in the north of Thailand, where something similar happens pretty often. Of course the foreigners didn't die overdosed on heroin as Thailand is drug free regarding some politicians.

I will agree with you that alcohol is indeed the scourge of our time,and in my opinion, the majority of retirees in Thailand do have an alcohol problem.
  • Like 1

I have just skipped through a few of the pages of this Topic and, my conclusion is--way too many armchair experts and not nearly enough waiting for the truth to come out--if it ever does; who knows what they were using apart from booze, latest Police report seems to say Cocaine [ this is pretty hard to believe considering the purity available in LOS--I'm told] but I suggest we all calm down and wait for an autopsy--then start knocking the drug-users, slagging the dealers, sympathizing with the poor tourists--or whatever you feel the need to do--but please hold your fire.

Why oh why would you want to do this to yourself?? 27 and 31 <deleted>.

Drugs are the scourge of our time.

What a joke this statement is. Drug policy is the scourge of our time.

Alcohol is a drug. Tobacco is a drug. Medication from the pharmacy are drugs. Drugs are clearly not 'the scourge of our time.' It is the way we view drugs, the way we isolate some and discriminate against them, and mostly it is the way we view drug users / addicts - not as sick people who desperately need our help but as criminals who deserve to be punished for their crimes.

No one ever burgled my house in the UK for beer or fag money.

• Like 1

And the very simple conclusion is... don't do drugs.

Case solved.

If you get killed buy a hooker; don't buy hookers.

if you get killed by your wire; don't get married.

if you get killed driving a car; don't drive cars

How far would you like to go with simplicity?

• Like 1

One from Australia and one from Canada two different ages, sounds to me that these two have met up whilst out on the turps and struck up a friendship. The conversation of drugs has come up and they have gone to one of the guys room and taken a bad batch of something. There is nothing in the story to indicate foul play apart from what exactly it was they took.

• Like 1

Case solved.

I can assure you if any substance or activity kills me then I will never do it again. wink.png .

• Like 1

Canadian, Australian found dead in Bangkok hotel

BANGKOK, Oct 26, 2012 (AFP) - A Canadian and an Australian tourist have been found dead in a Bangkok hotel after a suspected drug overdose, Thai tourist police said Friday.

A maid found the bodies of the two men, who are believed to be aged 31 and 27-years-old respectively, slumped in a room in the Park Plaza, a hotel in one of main the tourist drags of the Thai capital late Thursday.

Their bodies were found alongside an unknown white powder and drug taking paraphernalia.

"At the initial autopsy the forensic doctor said they died from a drug overdose," the tourist policeman, who wanted to remain anonymous told AFP, adding tests will be carried out on the powder.

Thailand's reputation as a tourist paradise has been tarnished recently after the deaths of several holidaymakers including two Canadian sisters on the resort island of Phi Phi in a suspected poisoning case in June.

In August, a British and a French tourist died in a nightclub blaze on Phuket island in another blow to Thailand's image -- already tarnished over recent years by deadly political unrest, devastating floods, and concerns about violent crimes against foreigners.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-10-26

Awesome how they can announce overdose before they can even identify the powder. Powder could be ID'ed in minutes, where as cause if death would require some forensic examination of toxins in the system and organs along with levels and whether levels were fatal. Very least run mass spec or gas chromograhpy.

So truth is they speculate or prefer overdose as cause of death and they may get around to testing powder and actually running proper test on deceased if and when it becomes necessary.

What a joke.

This is really common, I had a friend die this way in Cambodia. These chaps thought they were buying cocaine but ended up with heroin. One can snort at deal of cocaine and be no worse off than a shocking hangover and agonizing embarrassment but the same amount of heroin will kill.

Commom ??? !!! shurley schum mishtake, Death from cancer, heart disease, stroke is common, death by the headline method is tremendously rare

for i would imagine 99.999999% of any tourists to Los

One could say many things about what may have went on here and many certainly have. At the end of the day these guys have families who may never know the truth behind their passing and now have to retrieve their bodies from a foreign country. My thoughts are with the families and their friends during this confusing and difficult time...

One from Australia and one from Canada two different ages, sounds to me that these two have met up whilst out on the turps and struck up a friendship. The conversation of drugs has come up and they have gone to one of the guys room and taken a bad batch of something. There is nothing in the story to indicate foul play apart from what exactly it was they took.

And there is no evidence yet to support a claim of drugs. Were is the chemical analysis of this mystery powder? Where are the autopsiy reports? Initial autopsy report? <deleted> is that? No qualified medical examiner wuill ever state drugs as COD until the tests have been conducted.

Until some actual evidence is presented, it really is inappropriate to claim drugs.

Yes you are quite right.

Why oh why would you want to do this to yourself?? 27 and 31 <deleted>.

Drugs are the scourge of our time.

What a joke this statement is. Drug policy is the scourge of our time.

Alcohol is a drug. Tobacco is a drug. Medication from the pharmacy are drugs. Drugs are clearly not 'the scourge of our time.' It is the way we view drugs, the way we isolate some and discriminate against them, and mostly it is the way we view drug users / addicts - not as sick people who desperately need our help but as criminals who deserve to be punished for their crimes.

Agreed, tobacco, medication and not forgetting alcohol are all forms of drugs, all of which are to an extent addictive, however I would suggest that not too many users of the aforementioned 'drugs' steal, lie, sell illegal substances, prostitute themselves and in some cases murder in order to fuel their habit unfortunately the same cannot be said for someone addicted to substances such as coke, heroin and similar drugs.

If someone stole from me to fund their 'habit' I for one would not be looking at them as someone who needs help but someone who is in need of a custodial sentence.

Perhaps if you were a victim you may reconsider your comment regarding 'drugs are the scourge of our time' statement?

• Like 1

I will agree with you that alcohol is indeed the scourge of our time,and in my opinion, the majority of retirees in Thailand do have an alcohol problem.

Thanks! I think the majority of retirees do not have a problem with alcohol (the way they see it), just without it, in my opinion.

Thais in my provincial capital city are already used to see drunk foreigners fighting, over nothing. Cops don't want to be involved either.

So when many of them sitting there drinking alcohol and typing how bad the drugs are, I'd suggest that they clean their own yard first.

Would all be a kind of legalized and taxed, these guys would still be alive.---wai2.gif

A couiple westerners die in a hotel room doing drugs. Sad but not exactly a shocking news event or any reason to have the usual TV detectives conjure up their typical grand conspiracies theories of murder, planting drugs, police hiding the truth and so on. But this is what they do despite being made to look foolish time and time again in these similar threads., I imagine it still is satisfying to them to promote such non-supported far out theories for the limited time they can ... until the facts come in that show there was no grand conspiracy to protect Thailand or save face.

Case solved.

Assuming you were in some country with legalized and regulated drugs, go ahead. Otherwise you are being sold chemicals mixed together by someone with no regards for human life who is risking imprisonment by producing and selling them to you. Not a good scenario.

And there is no evidence yet to support a claim of drugs. Were is the chemical analysis of this mystery powder? Where are the autopsiy reports? Initial autopsy report? <deleted> is that? No qualified medical examiner wuill ever state drugs as COD until the tests have been conducted.

Until some actual evidence is presented, it really is inappropriate to claim drugs.

Finding drugs and drug paraphernalia in the room along with the initial autopsy suggesting a drug overdose isn't evidence? Certainly not conclusive and I think it has been made clear the investigation is not over but clearly this is evidence and likely just a small part of all the evidence there actually is in the case.

Edited by Nisa

Your post is –again- so insane. How can you come up with your gay speculation?

You’d bet there’s foul play involved, two young men on a holiday. Seems that you've stayed at this place before, as I don’t even know where it’s located.

Are you gay?

People die every day overdosed and you’ll see that there was no foul play, just some young guys who wanted to do something what NOT ALL foreigners who come to Thailand like to do.

Better we wait for the report, please do me a favor and don’t write so much nonsense.

Thank you in advance, hope you change your style a little.---wai2.gif .