40 Transsexuals Arrested By Pattaya Police In Beach Road Sweep

Rimmer

40 Transsexuals arrested by Pattaya Police in Beach Road sweep

ladyboy-3.jpg

PATTAYA:--In their never-ending quest to rid the streets of those suspected of either engaging or preparing to commit crimes and as they attempt to improve the image of Pattaya in preparation for a High Season which is expected to attract more families than ever before, Pattaya Police rounded-up 40 transsexuals who were caught roaming the streets in and around the South Pattaya entertainment zone in the early hours of Saturday.

The Police have identified these wandering transsexuals as the key group of potential trouble-makers and will now remove them fro the streets of Pattaya on a nightly basis until they are forced to either stop what they are doing, or to relocate, which is the more likely option.

Laws dictate that unless evidence is collated which proves they are involved in prostitution or other criminal acts they can only be fined for loitering which is what they were charged for on Saturday morning. 100 Baht fines were paid by each transsexual who was then released with a stern warning not to be seen in the area again.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/64606/40-transsexuals-arrested-pattaya-police-beach-road-sweep/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

released with a stern warning not to be seen in the area again.

That should scare them off. laugh.png

Yeh, the 100 bht is the clincher eh. rolleyes.gif ......................................laugh.png

Yes, but can you imagine what things they have to do, to earn the 100 Baht.....sick.gif

• Like 1

The Police have identified these wandering transsexuals as the key group of potential trouble-makers and will now remove them fro the streets of Pattaya on a nightly basis until they are forced to either stop what they are doing, or to relocate, which is the more likely option.

Potential trouble makers will find a loving foreigner, will walk laughing through walking street and will relocate when foreigner went home.---laugh.png

Am I missing something here? Isn't the reason people go to Pattaya for the certain circus element of the area? I mean, crime aside, I find Pattaya a wildly weird place I would only visit, but would never want to live. That's why I like the idea of getting the LB's legitimate day work. I suppose trying to crush their existence is one method, but I don't think it'll work.

• Like 2

I am always concerned when there is an automatic assumption that Ladyboys are troube or involved in crime more then girls.

There will always be ladyboys offering their services, simply because there is so much demand.

For the record, I like Ladyboys. I find them sexy and fun. But I fully appreciate some are uncomfortable being approched by them.

Honestly, it's better to go to a Ladyboy bar if you are looking to meet a Katoey, there are some good ones not far from Beach Road.

• Like 2

A better solution would be to have legal brothels that were regulated and workers paid taxes on their earnings.

As for a deterent, instead of a monetary fine, have the miscreants peform community service for 8 hours, such as picking up trash, cleaning the houses of elderly citizens, etc.

But I'm not holding my breath... :)

• Like 1

They should do this round Soi 3-21 Suk road, plenty there causing a real nuisance.

Living in Thailand you should be used to it by now, avoid eye contact with them and they will leave you alone.

If you are sizing them up, for sure they will become a nuisance to you.

If ladyboys want to ply their trade, or anyone wants to ply that trade, so be it. But with more families coming to Pattaya, Beach Road is too valuable a piece of real estate for what most would consider a pretty seamy part of the city. Beach Road should be kept clear of the more adult side of things, making it suitable for everyone, day or night.

There is already Walking Street that has the more "acceptable" night life, be it female or ladyboy, there is one of the other streets that caters to gays, so that gives the feel of the WIld, Wild West for those who want it. Let the independent ladyboys as well as female hookers relocate to somewhere off the beach. Those who want that sort of action will go to wherever it is and Beach Road itself will be more family-friendly.

• Like 2

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

So, you are saying Lady Boys are forced to work as prostitutes because they can't get a normal job?? Ask a Thai lady, they will tell you lab boys are some of the best beauty parlor operators, Thai Airways hires lady boys as Flight Attendants, the ones in Pattaya are there for one and only one reason.................to rip off tourists, and other Thais.

I am a long term resident, visitor to Thailand, and can remember in the mid-Seventies, early Eighties there was a law against attacking Katoeys just because they were transvestites. The Thai Govt felt they were in some way 'sick in the head' for a man to want to be a lady" and it must be buddah's will. Job Training??? why should they get any special treatment?? The only problems I have had in Pattaya have involved lady boys - do what they did in the early seventies, local govt created a 'village' for all bars, hookers, (man or woman) called Free Town - all the people there had VD Cards, picture photo's, and the police knew who everyone was............job training my ass.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

apparently, they didn't target only LBs, two days ago BR was nearly deserted, not a girl (real girl or LB) in sight with mostly groups of 3 or 4 indian-looking men walking around, looking sad and disappointed.

3 or 4 Indian-looking men walking in the road, (as usual) I suspect, not on the pavement.....what is it with these people are pavements taboo?

"then released with a stern warning"

That'll do it !

Well, a stiff warning might have simply encouraged them!

The "Stiff" part is the source of their being in Pattaya in the first place..........little heads thinking for the Big Head

Throughout Thailand, there are many many lady boys, sometimes starting at pre-teen ages. As with any sub-group, there are always those who are more 'daring' and promiscuous. Many of those types will gravitate towards Pattaya, knowing how lenient things are there (100 baht fines, first round-up in ....how long?). So there will always be farang who choose kinky fare, and there is a never-ending supply of lady boys to fill the niches (pun intended). Pattaya police act like they're just now discovering there's a problem with LB's (hustling, stealing, beating people up). Those of us with eyes open, have known there have been grave problems for decades. Pattaya police will have as much success eradicating law-breaking LB's as they've had with eradicating extortionist jet ski renters. In other words: zero.

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

What an excellent suggestion.

Some years ago on Channel 4 there was a documentary in three parts. It resulted in a book called "Why Men Don't Iron"

It explains the processes that take place as the fetus is in the womb and if these processes are disrupted for reasons of say illness or stress in the mother, then the development of the brain may not match the body.

There could be a female brain in a male body and vice versa, and of course shades of differences in between.

This needs to be understood and accepted and the individuals should not be castigated but helped.

Who says what is normal (acceptable) and what is not?

I think you have proposed something very sensible and helpful.

It might be better if more posters tried to offer solutions rather than sticking to the stereotypes and tarring them all with the same 'Guilty' brush.

• Like 2