40 Transsexuals Arrested By Pattaya Police In Beach Road Sweep

Rimmer

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

Great Idea and good Post .

The transgender Issue certainly limits employment options ..And things seem to get far worse as they age . The Sheer numbers of Ladyboys , makes me think that some of them must certainly Regret it , these are extremely costly procedures . I've learnt over time , if there is an individual to be really Cautious of ..Its a UGLY ladyboy , as there revenue streams and limited even Further . Pickpockets / Scam Artists ..and they usually work in Pairs , trying to Slug the tourists .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should do this round Soi 3-21 Suk road, plenty there causing a real nuisance.

All at night with "seed Money" from the West Africans you never see during the day.............Like Washington Square, I have relocated to for my nighttime activities , tired of all the lady boy sidewalk mobile bar operators on Sukumvit. The demand 'curb proitection money' from the mom & pop food stands - mom & pop don't pay, food stand gets hit by a truck in the niddle of the night, or set fire.

why on earth would a family man bring his family to a drug /bar girl /sex /dirty city like pattaya ..... education for his children..... B/S

Because of ads like this?

Pattaya Beach : A Travelers Paradise

pattayabeach1.jpgPattaya beach is nestled along a picturesque bay on the East Coast of the Gulf of Thailand, roughly 160 kilometers southeast of Bangkok. From a fisherman village in the 1960’s, Pattaya beach has became the favorite Southeast Asian vacation point. A fascinating escape where tourists from around the world unfold an incomparable array of possibilities to unwind during an exotic holiday beach vacation.

Not the same as other beaches, where natural surroundings are used for attracting tourists, Pattaya beach makes an all-out attempt to provide the best of everything. Here, it is everything a tourist can imagine while on holiday: recreation, entertainment, sports, sightseeing, night life and fun. To put it simply, Pattaya beach is a paradise for everyone, as it has a variety of attractions suitable for all types of visitors. This is the place where you can fill your day, from dusk to dawn, with endless activities, or you may choose to do nothing at all and relax.

• Like 1

Some, but not all of the LB's are a problem but this is the same with the female prostitutes. Most of them are just trying to earn a crust and they add to the colour of the place.

They are evil and dangerous those Lbs, go down there and see for yourself.
  • Like 1

Some, but not all of the LB's are a problem but this is the same with the female prostitutes. Most of them are just trying to earn a crust and they add to the colour of the place.

They are evil and dangerous those Lbs, go down there and see for yourself.

At last, a reason why they are more abhorrent than the nice sweet lovely gentle kind female prostitutes that abound, the complacent obsequious servile servant submissive female prostitutes, such lovely creatures they are.

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

Great Idea and good Post .

The transgender Issue certainly limits employment options ..And things seem to get far worse as they age . The Sheer numbers of Ladyboys , makes me think that some of them must certainly Regret it , these are extremely costly procedures . I've learnt over time , if there is an individual to be really Cautious of ..Its a UGLY ladyboy , as there revenue streams and limited even Further . Pickpockets / Scam Artists ..and they usually work in Pairs , trying to Slug the tourists .

It's not that I don't believe what you are saying about lb pickpockets and scammers, since I have no negative experiences with ladyboys here in Thailand, only positive times, and I have not met many and I don't frequent Pattaya or prostitution areas. However, I have never read any news article on a surfeit of predator ladyboys in Thailand.

What about female prostitutes who get ripped off by white male Farang, where do they get protection? I have heard of stories like this but I have never heard of this in any newspaper either, and perhaps it is a worse problem for the wonderful lovely kind gentle sweet pure female prostitutes, but of course you are viewing a problem for white males who frequent prostitution areas, so any grievances or rip-offs that arouse concern are when white males might get ripped off by those horrible nasty gangs of lady boys

I really think they should use the Trade Practices Act...and get them for false advertising...but they do not have that here.

THe 100 baht is not the point. They have now current photos fingerprints and id card numbers which can be used to identify them if they on future get up to no good.

The problem with that is a lot of the tourists who approach the katoey hookers obviously know and like what they are going to get. This is based on my observations sitting on Walking Street having a beer opposite where some katoeys were standing soliciting on Walking Street. They were quite obviously not female but they were approached by a steady stream of men of Middle Eastern and Indian Subcontinental origin, some of whom seemed to strike up a deal and walked off with them.

some good ideas,................aint gonna happen tho,...not in a million yrs !wai2.gif

They should do this round Soi 3-21 Suk road, plenty there causing a real nuisance.

All at night with "seed Money" from the West Africans you never see during the day.............Like Washington Square, I have relocated to for my nighttime activities , tired of all the lady boy sidewalk mobile bar operators on Sukumvit. The demand 'curb proitection money' from the mom & pop food stands - mom & pop don't pay, food stand gets hit by a truck in the niddle of the night, or set fire.

I've got news for you. They started demolishing Washington Square in May, most of the bars have gone.

I am always concerned when there is an automatic assumption that Ladyboys are troube or involved in crime more then girls.

There will always be ladyboys offering their services, simply because there is so much demand.

For the record, I like Ladyboys. I find them sexy and fun. But I fully appreciate some are uncomfortable being approched by them.

Honestly, it's better to go to a Ladyboy bar if you are looking to meet a Katoey, there are some good ones not far from Beach Road.

there is so much demand? hmmm....

Why would anyone take their family to Pattaya? It's not a family getaway. There are SO many tourist destinations around the world that cater to families.

Although I'm not in to ladyboys, I have nothing against those who prefer them. So leave the ladyboys alone and keep Pattaya kinky. tongue.png

why would anyone judge what a family considers to be a family getaway? whistling.gif

Pattaya/Beach Road . I am sorry but it is wishful thinking that Pattaya will ever become family friendly even to the most liberal.

There is simply far to much money being made catering to the exotic thrill seekers. I fail to perceive why any family would even want to subject themself to Pattaya. There are scores of family friendly resort in this country in which tourist can absorb both Thailand and it's culture. Pattaya is truly not reflective of Thailand in any shape or form. I can remember when Pattaya was simply a fishing village which became inundated with the American Navy on shore leave and the Army Rangers who were providing training for the Thai Military. The demand drove the developement of Pattaya to what it is today and it is not going to change.

It is what it is and the majority of incidents (not all) that befall farangs can be attributed to the visitors ineptitude in failing to realize that Sin City is in essence exactly that. It can be an experience of a lifetime, exotic,facinating and seductive but it is an inheriently dangerous place to be if you let your guard down and when you don't know what you don't know Regular visitors and those of use who live here know that but the majority of tourist do not have a clue.

Pattaya will never be a family orientated resort in this lifetime.

• Like 1

I am always concerned when there is an automatic assumption that Ladyboys are troube or involved in crime more then girls.

There will always be ladyboys offering their services, simply because there is so much demand.

For the record, I like Ladyboys. I find them sexy and fun. But I fully appreciate some are uncomfortable being approched by them.

Honestly, it's better to go to a Ladyboy bar if you are looking to meet a Katoey, there are some good ones not far from Beach Road.

there is so much demand? hmmm....

I would suggest demand is quite high, look at Nana Plaza, a heterosexual playground where a third of the bars are LB bars.... if there wasn't demand, they simply wouldn't be there.

• Like 1

Why would anyone take their family to Pattaya? It's not a family getaway. There are SO many tourist destinations around the world that cater to families.

Although I'm not in to ladyboys, I have nothing against those who prefer them. So leave the ladyboys alone and keep Pattaya kinky. tongue.png

why would anyone judge what a family considers to be a family getaway? whistling.gif

He's right, though: the entire tourism world has realised, simultaneously, that most people live in a traditional family unit, so obviously it makes sense to go for that market. Unfortunately, that's exactly why it makes bad business sense: the big boys stitch up the major markets and it makes sense for smaller players to go for the 'long tail': the pink pound, sex tourism, danger tourism, backpackers, extreme sports. If Thailand doesn't offer these, other destinations will step into the market. Cambodia, Vietnam and now Burma are very well placed for this.

Pattaya isn't at the front of the queue for family destinations: Pattaya's decision makers are making a huge mistake to destroy its selling points. Whither the Penthouse Hotel? When that's gone, the world will be a much poorer place.

And seriously: stop hating on backpackers. More of the money they spend stays in the country than a two-week tourist staying in chain hotels. There's enough Thailand for everyone.

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 1

Q; can anyone give the reason why there are soooo many of these LBs in thailand ? , i mean i've travelled a bit but nothing comes close to this country ................WHY ??,............I once read what was claimed to be the worlds biggest sex suvey , and it said that 1 in 3 thais have had sex with their own sex !!.......... unbelievable ??

Q; can anyone give the reason why there are soooo many of these LBs in thailand ? , i mean i've travelled a bit but nothing comes close to this country ................WHY ??,............I once read what was claimed to be the worlds biggest sex suvey , and it said that 1 in 3 thais have had sex with their own sex !!.......... unbelievable ??

"I don't find them attractive - it's just confusing"

Edited by RogueLeader

Or to relocate, which is the more likely option,

And continue to do as before after relocating, I rather they keep them all in pattaya.

Perhaps they originate from your area, wherever that may be. You can have them back.laugh.png

The ironic thing is that most of these street transsexuals in Pattaya come from other areas where the expats live who complain about how bad Pattaya is.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

100 baht fine wont make a blind bit of difference,

they probable earn 20 times that every day i suspect.

If they offered a genuine service for a punter and not

rob them, then maybe no problems.

Ive ony been pattaya twice with my thai wife and it has

an uneasy feelin about it, phuket nearly the same now.

Girlz gotta earn a living too. Is this a discriminatory practice to get the transgender loiterers or do females pay to have this type of competition removed or sent elsewhere? Personally, I don't understand the dislike of transgenders that other people have posted here, they don't seem to have a problem with female prostitutes, why are male prostitutes so disliked?

in reply to this and similar posts, maybe you havent been to the beach recently. I dont think anyone has much problem with ladyboys trying to prostitute themselves. What we are talking about is large groups of ladyboys all down the beach in the evening that surround tourists passing by and try to pickpocket them.
  • Like 1

Well done to the BIB for showing them who is boss. Street robbers disguised as transsexuals are a real problem in Pattaya and picking them up and fining them is at least step in the right direction.

Good start, especially now they have their ID's. Next time they are arrested it will not be a first offense.