40 Transsexuals Arrested By Pattaya Police In Beach Road Sweep

Rimmer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now you young ladies, ur um , I mean young men, yeah, young people, go home right now and stop roaming the streets or you're going to be in big trouble, you understand me?"

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed, again.

Ugggh. Although I don't sleep with ladyboys, I agree with Technology bytes. I'll go further and say too many of the above comments are transphobic, ignorant and quite frankly disgusting. Yeah sure, lots of messed up people around Pattaya that I wouldn't trust with a barge pole but I think the majority of them you'll find are heterosexual.

Edited by tkthailand
  • Like 1

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

Totally disagree with this post - government is NOT supposed to get into matters such as this. Its still an individuals prerogative to engage in legal or illegal activities no matter what sex and face the consequences. Government should not pry into matters such as sex changes and paying for them and physiological evaluations - it would cost loads of money and where does that come from ? - my pocket - yours ? - this sort of ideas is what drives government to engage far to intrusively into the lives of the general public and the related costs drive up prices across the grid due to rising taxes (actions & consequences of government)

As far as changing the ID cards to reflect a change of sex - I think not - born a man and changed to a woman has no identification consequence other than standing or sitting to urinate. The legal system would be compromised by such a move to eradicate a persons previous identification based on having a sex change. There has already been numerous incidents where a man committed a crime and years later was found committing the same crimes but had no history due to changing names and ID sex status simply becuse they elected to have a sex change. It happened in Thailand just a few months ago.

People should stop empowering and/or requiring government intervention every-time they have a social related problem. A crime is a crime no matter what sex - and to change a name is one thing - to change the sex status of an individual that conflicts with a birth certificate allows people to become untraceable.

Everyone is making this far to complicated - if you were given a Volkswagen but really wanted a Ferrari - would you ask government to change the title to a Ferrari ? - even though you know your still driving a Volkswagen - LOL - how absurd. And if you were caught committing a crime in the Volkswagen and subsequently changed the title description to a Ferrari would you be inclined to commit the same crime again because you know your not likely to be identified (?)

. I have previously worked in Pattaya and visited often thereafter... now 5 years later I hardly ever go back there....and don't see myself spending any money there...

You feel better now with this statement dude ? clap2.gif

What the heck this has to do with the Topic ??

• Like 2

I love Thailand and almost everything about it - including my Thai GF. But BKK, Pattaya and Patong are NOT the places for a family holiday. I have been disgusted to see parents dragging their hot crying exhausted small children along the Sukhumvit Road stalls,and to have them sitting/sleeping in bars in Patong at midnight. There are some great places in Thailand for family holidays - the travel agents in foreign countries should be educated accordingly. As far as lady boys are concerned I have no problems with them, and have enjoyed watching them in clean singing and dancing shows. My Thai GF warned me long ago not to say anything or look at them sideways - they are after all men and can react with aggression.

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

Totally disagree with this post - government is NOT supposed to get into matters such as this. Its still an individuals prerogative to engage in legal or illegal activities no matter what sex and face the consequences. Government should not pry into matters such as sex changes and paying for them and physiological evaluations - it would cost loads of money and where does that come from ? - my pocket - yours ? - this sort of ideas is what drives government to engage far to intrusively into the lives of the general public and the related costs drive up prices across the grid due to rising taxes (actions & consequences of government)

As far as changing the ID cards to reflect a change of sex - I think not - born a man and changed to a woman has no identification consequence other than standing or sitting to urinate. The legal system would be compromised by such a move to eradicate a persons previous identification based on having a sex change. There has already been numerous incidents where a man committed a crime and years later was found committing the same crimes but had no history due to changing names and ID sex status simply becuse they elected to have a sex change. It happened in Thailand just a few months ago.

People should stop empowering and/or requiring government intervention every-time they have a social related problem. A crime is a crime no matter what sex - and to change a name is one thing - to change the sex status of an individual that conflicts with a birth certificate allows people to become untraceable.

Everyone is making this far to complicated - if you were given a Volkswagen but really wanted a Ferrari - would you ask government to change the title to a Ferrari ? - even though you know your still driving a Volkswagen - LOL - how absurd. And if you were caught committing a crime in the Volkswagen and subsequently changed the title description to a Ferrari would you be inclined to commit the same crime again because you know your not likely to be identified (?)

Perhaps you do not understand that there can be a mismatch between the body and brain.

It's the brain that determines the sex of the person.

You cannot compare a human to a car.

There are often programs on TV that explain this.

Embarrassing bodies is one of the programs I am thinking about.

I wonder how you would respond if you had a male brain but your body was mostly female?

If a person genuinely feels themselves to be mismatched why should they not be allowed to change and be re-registered as such?

How about leaving the LBs alone and hassling the families planning to invade Pattaya. I like Fun Town just the way it is. The ladyboys are fun to be around. What I don't like are the grumpy wives and beaten down husbands shuffling around the sois, complaining about nothing and demanding bargains.

• Like 1

Changing an image is always difficult... thailand has been happy to be seen and enjoyed as a brothel for many years.........now they think many families want to come here... errr thailand is no longer an inexpensive holiday destination, which most families need.......sounds like going through motions about other peoples ideas..

This is funny as hell... lol I was there early last night walking with my wife and it was PACKED with them as it always is for sure... I've heard the LB are theives from other drunken expats that have apprently fell to their misfortune by passing out after doing the "nastysick.gif " with them and waking up next morning passport, wallet, and everything gone... But I've never heard of the bargirls doing this... Strikes me as odd. I guess since a LB is still a man their more likely to commit a crime?? I don't know... And I will never understand why someone would bring their family to Pattaya. This is not a family area period end of story. This place it high geared toward ADULT entertainment... I must look like a cartoon with question marks and puzzle signs above my head every time I see these 4 year olds walking down Walking Street 1am with their parents cuz' I just don't get it.... I guess in other parts of the world its not as big of a deal? I don't know... Either way isn't it kind of discrimination that they arrest the LB on Beach St that are doing the same thing as the girls in the Go Go Bars? The difference? The police/Mafia "Because they're one in the same" aren't getting paid off....

And the Pattaya police... God don't get me started. I've been pulled over and searched on my motorcycle TWICE every day for the past 3 days and I'm not even exaggerating... They drive me crazy... PROFILING! Hating on the farang......... God I'm rambling aren't it.wai.gif

apparently, they didn't target only LBs, two days ago BR was nearly deserted, not a girl (real girl or LB) in sight with mostly groups of 3 or 4 indian-looking men walking around, looking sad and disappointed.

So the police effort had some positive secondary effects. I can only hope those men will be disappointed enough to leave P and not come back.

What an excellent suggestion.

Some years ago on Channel 4 there was a documentary in three parts. It resulted in a book called "Why Men Don't Iron"

It explains the processes that take place as the fetus is in the womb and if these processes are disrupted for reasons of say illness or stress in the mother, then the development of the brain may not match the body.

There could be a female brain in a male body and vice versa, and of course shades of differences in between.

This needs to be understood and accepted and the individuals should not be castigated but helped.

Who says what is normal (acceptable) and what is not?

I think you have proposed something very sensible and helpful.

It might be better if more posters tried to offer solutions rather than sticking to the stereotypes and tarring them all with the same 'Guilty' brush.

Well you have swallowed the dummy re a tv doc.... ...perhaps you have truncated or misunderstood what the doc tried to say ( in 3 parts )...are you actually suggesting that homosexuality develops because Mum had a debt demand she couldn t pay.? or she or her parent was very sick ?...do you think that there is a sexuality in brains.?.or.. Its always Mums fault.! ?

My education has told me that all feotuses start as female and its hormones ( prob testosterone or low estrogen ) that decides the sex at around 6 weeks.... also all ? ( most males ) grow through stages of hormonal change, when sexuality with other males feels normal and arousing...puberty is a decider..some males have a lower flood of testoserone than others...does this make them effiminate ..maybe...i like to suggest that asian men are hormonally challenged...think about it.......some make prettier girls than girls do

A real waste of time. B.i.B. nab Lady boys, transfer them to the lock up, finger print, get names and (false) addresses, phone numbers, fined 100 Baht and let loose on the street again. All that achieves is time wasting other than the B.i.B. knowing how to get a freebie after work.

Some years ago on Channel 4 there was a documentary in three parts. It resulted in a book called "Why Men Don't Iron"

It explains the processes that take place as the fetus is in the womb and if these processes are disrupted for reasons of say illness or stress in the mother, then the development of the brain may not match the body.

There could be a female brain in a male body and vice versa, and of course shades of differences in between.

This needs to be understood and accepted and the individuals should not be castigated but helped.

It might be better if more posters tried to offer solutions rather than sticking to the stereotypes and tarring them all with the same 'Guilty' brush.

Well you have swallowed the dummy re a tv doc.... ...perhaps you have truncated or misunderstood what the doc tried to say ( in 3 parts )...are you actually suggesting that homosexuality develops because Mum had a debt demand she couldn t pay.? or she or her parent was very sick ?...do you think that there is a sexuality in brains.?.or.. Its always Mums fault.! ?

My education has told me that all feotuses start as female and its hormones ( prob testosterone or low estrogen ) that decides the sex at around 6 weeks.... also all ? ( most males ) grow through stages of hormonal change, when sexuality with other males feels normal and arousing...puberty is a decider..some males have a lower flood of testoserone than others...does this make them effiminate ..maybe...i like to suggest that asian men are hormonally challenged...think about it.......some make prettier girls than girls do

Of course I left tons of detail out - it needs a whole book to discuss the hormones and brain chemicals and brain development, but I think that we are on the same page. smile.png

Yes all brains start as female and yes the flood of testosterone and other androgen's at around 3 mths causes the two brain halves to separate is it's to be a male brain (determined bu the chromosomes).

So if Mum can´t produce them or too little then brain development will be abnormal to some extent or another.

I leave out the effects of puberty on males.....

On the other hand if the fetus is female but the Mum produces the T and A in large quantities the result is a male brain in a female body. The book is very informative.

It shows a standard deviation curve where the top centre represents the "norm", being where the majority of people are, but either side there are minor variations and at the edges total mismatches (with everything in between).

My point is that the individual has no control over the events in the womb that shaped them.

Of course there are homosexual's that are that way through choice and maybe those are the ones you refer to?

If so, I agree that since they choose to be that way - It's up to them!

Probably one of the reasons many LBs seem to involve themselves in the more criminal aspects of life on the fringe is that they really are high mainenance. Hormones cost money as do operations which many hope for. Makeup to make the best of their prefered look is not cheap either.

It is maybe possible for a richer Thai ladyboy to support herself without going too far but for many theft and hard prostitution is the only way.

Announce they will get stiff penalties and long hard jail time in prison and perhaps they will volunteer to enter by the droves. Meals, soap and towels included. Perhaps even some TV members would show up?

Edited by atyclb

A real waste of time. B.i.B. nab Lady boys, transfer them to the lock up, finger print, get names and (false) addresses, phone numbers, fined 100 Baht and let loose on the street again. All that achieves is time wasting other than the B.i.B. knowing how to get a freebie after work.

Were they good? biggrin.png

Of course I left tons of detail out - it needs a whole book to discuss the hormones and brain chemicals and brain development, but I think that we are on the same page. smile.png

Yes all brains start as female and yes the flood of testosterone and other androgen's at around 3 mths causes the two brain halves to separate is it's to be a male brain (determined bu the chromosomes).

So if Mum can´t produce them or too little then brain development will be abnormal to some extent or another.

I leave out the effects of puberty on males.....

On the other hand if the fetus is female but the Mum produces the T and A in large quantities the result is a male brain in a female body. The book is very informative.

It shows a standard deviation curve where the top centre represents the "norm", being where the majority of people are, but either side there are minor variations and at the edges total mismatches (with everything in between).

My point is that the individual has no control over the events in the womb that shaped them.

Of course there are homosexual's that are that way through choice and maybe those are the ones you refer to?

If so, I agree that since they choose to be that way - It's up to them!

You guys are certainly getting fired up about biology. It is definitely time to unfollow this topic. Have a nice time.

Liberal? Yes, but also human. Apart from that, I might be naive but I never could fathom the attraction og transsexuals: say I were a gay man - I would br looking for a "hulk" - a real man wouldn't I? Not a man posing as a woman? Untill I watched a documentary about the TS of Thailand, where one of the "girls" explained that the men wanted them because they could have the pleasure of still being with a "woman" with a dick, they can use. So what am i missing, what is the pleasure of being with a woman, operated and all.

Please enlighten me,