40 Transsexuals Arrested By Pattaya Police In Beach Road Sweep

Rimmer

"... until they are forced to either stop what they are doing, or to relocate, which is the more likely option." Nope. I bet that they eventually take the Chiangmai option. There also used to be police sweeps along Loikroh Rd. No more of that. The trannies got organized and off the street and took over half the frigging bars on the strip! The're really gobbling up all the business now.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the problems with LB's is that if for any reason you get aggressive with them, or force your way out of them surrounding you or cause any problem for them, you're likely to get the sh*t kicked out of you as they come from everywhere to help their own kind.

You mean like any other thai would? Or for that matter most places around the world.

If ladyboys want to ply their trade, or anyone wants to ply that trade, so be it. But with more families coming to Pattaya, Beach Road is too valuable a piece of real estate for what most would consider a pretty seamy part of the city. Beach Road should be kept clear of the more adult side of things, making it suitable for everyone, day or night.
Forget the ladyboys. First priority to make Beach Road suitible would be getting rid of all the rats. What sane person would take their family there. I almost threw up one morning looking at the filth on the sand and in the water.

It appears to me that Ladyboys (LBs) choose to ply their trade in this way, and not as Jingthing suggests, that they are essentially forced into it because there are no alternatives.

TR69 is correct in saying that LBs have a strong foothold in certain professions, including all elements of the glamour profession. A friend of mine has a daughter (10 years old) who has become involved in TV work (advertising, soap operas, etc.) and I am often invited to go along and watch the auditions/"shoots". I have noted that, without exception, the vast majority of those involved in the make-up, hairdressing and general administrative tasks at these "shoots" are transgender, and highly respected for their roles in the organisation.

There are also many LBs employed in the travel/hotel/tourism industry, simply because they are very efficient in the work that they do. Other companies have also recognised this and are happy to employ them for such efficiency. It just seems to me that there is this trait amongst LBs to work harder, and for longer hours, possibly based upon their desire to feel appreciated.

I do not agree that they are forced to enter the seedy side of life here in Thailand because they are faced with no other options.

Edited by GeorgeO
  • Like 2

Maybe take all of them to one KATOEY island and keep thererolleyes.gif

If some one like lady boys he can go visit them on that island.

I think every body will be happyclap2.gif

there was a period in Europe, 1930's, 40's, when methods like you suggest were practiced

• Like 1

Or to relocate, which is the more likely option,

And continue to do as before after relocating, I rather they keep them all in pattaya.

I don't think they would have the balls to try it in another area..................wink.png

Or would they?...............whistling.gif

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

So, you are saying Lady Boys are forced to work as prostitutes because they can't get a normal job?? Ask a Thai lady, they will tell you lab boys are some of the best beauty parlor operators, Thai Airways hires lady boys as Flight Attendants, the ones in Pattaya are there for one and only one reason.................to rip off tourists, and other Thais.

I am a long term resident, visitor to Thailand, and can remember in the mid-Seventies, early Eighties there was a law against attacking Katoeys just because they were transvestites. The Thai Govt felt they were in some way 'sick in the head' for a man to want to be a lady" and it must be buddah's will. Job Training??? why should they get any special treatment?? The only problems I have had in Pattaya have involved lady boys - do what they did in the early seventies, local govt created a 'village' for all bars, hookers, (man or woman) called Free Town - all the people there had VD Cards, picture photo's, and the police knew who everyone was............job training my ass.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I thought that what Walking Street was a "village" for that sort of thing...

[quote name=tingtongfarang' timestamp='1351310950

' post='5787781]Or to relocate, which is the more likely option,

And continue to do as before after relocating, I rather they keep them all in pattaya.

Yes relocate them to Ko Larn and rename it Ko Katoey. Problem solved.

( )

Have a tourist bus company set tours to visit there....laugh.pngclap2.gif

100 baht...

Seems the recession even hit the prostitutes. But a £2 fine? Really?

They might as well have asked them for an IOU and played the Benny Hill tune while the pro's belted around in circles and ran like Charlie Chaplin out o' the frey.

Incase you don't get the Benny Hill joke >>>

If a man has real phsycological problems about being a man - that simply becoming gay won't satisfy. And let's face it, it's one hell of a decision. Then he should be allowed to make the change and be LEGALLY declared a woman thereafter and enter society as a woman - it's called democracy. How many LBs would be on the streets then? It's society that criminalises and demonising them. Take the time sometime to talk to one or two and then comment.

There are more important issues on beach road than this. Last friday (3 days ago) i have been offered marijuana and cocain by two different individuals at the beach road, just across the royal garden plaza. These people are so relaxed that i could not believe my ears... They were whispering the offer while you pass by them. Of course i informed the police about the situation but they did not seem to care much.

I am always concerned when there is an automatic assumption that Ladyboys are troube or involved in crime more then girls.

There will always be ladyboys offering their services, simply because there is so much demand.

For the record, I like Ladyboys. I find them sexy and fun. But I fully appreciate some are uncomfortable being approched by them.

Honestly, it's better to go to a Ladyboy bar if you are looking to meet a Katoey, there are some good ones not far from Beach Road.

there is so much demand? hmmm....

I think he's right, they wouldn't waste their time hanging around in Pattaya, if there were no customers.

I am always concerned when there is an automatic assumption that Ladyboys are troube or involved in crime more then girls.

There will always be ladyboys offering their services, simply because there is so much demand.

For the record, I like Ladyboys. I find them sexy and fun. But I fully appreciate some are uncomfortable being approched by them.

Honestly, it's better to go to a Ladyboy bar if you are looking to meet a Katoey, there are some good ones not far from Beach Road.

there is so much demand? hmmm....

I think he's right, they wouldn't waste their time hanging around in Pattaya, if there were no customers.

if there were no customers... to steal from tongue.png

I have to say, I have never had ladies or drug dealers approach me one from each side and each put their hands in my back pockets as I walk down the footpath trying to avoid them. thats the issue here. sit opposite TQ some time and you can watch a bunch of lbs that have been there every evening for several months attempting to pickpocket most of the people walking past. Its not my idea of entertainment and its not good for tourism either

Edited by wans

Am I missing something here? Isn't the reason people go to Pattaya for the certain circus element of the area? I mean, crime aside, I find Pattaya a wildly weird place I would only visit, but would never want to live. That's why I like the idea of getting the LB's legitimate day work. I suppose trying to crush their existence is one method, but I don't think it'll work.

Since when did something like reality deter Thailand's bureaucrats from doing anything?

First they came for the LBs, then they came for the ladees, then they came for the "boys", then they came for the barbeer gilrs, then they came for the Soi 6 girls, then they came for the Gogo dancers, then they came for the Coyotes, then they came for the bar customers, then they wondered why no one came to Pattaya anymore.

It has always made me wonder why it is OK to "loiter" on Walking St and not OK on Beach Rd, when they are all doing the same thing.

What will they do if the LBs all relocate to Walking St?

As far as changing the ID cards to reflect a change of sex - I think not - born a man and changed to a woman has no identification consequence other than standing or sitting to urinate. The legal system would be compromised by such a move to eradicate a persons previous identification based on having a sex change. There has already been numerous incidents where a man committed a crime and years later was found committing the same crimes but had no history due to changing names and ID sex status simply becuse they elected to have a sex change. It happened in Thailand just a few months ago.

I think i've read that males who've had the so-called "sex change" to a woman cannot make babies. And females who change to a man have not lost the possibility of giving birth.

As for the ID cards not being allowed to be changed, i think that is helpful to men who don't want to sleep with a man who dresses like a woman & pretends to be female, and may or may not still have a penis. Checking a suspected ladyboy's ID card may help in this regard, if you know what to look for.

Thailand has a reputation as a tolerant society, including when it comes to ladyboys:

"Similarly, in Thailand, Kathoey, or "ladyboys", have been a feature of Thai society for many centuries, and Thai kings had male as well as female lovers. While Kathoey may encompass simple effeminacy or transvestism, it most commonly is treated in Thai culture as a third gender. They are generally accepted by society, and Thailand has never had legal prohibitions against homosexuality or homosexual behavior.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Homosexuality

"The law does not allow TG (transgenders) to change sex / gender on official documents and records. New regulations have been introduced around sex change operations. Under-18s are banned from these operations. 18-20 year olds need parental permission, and all people need to live as a woman for 2 years and see a psychiatrist before the operation. (44) "

"MSM / TG are excluded from rape laws. (44) "

"TG are not eligible for the military draft due to 'gender identity disorder', which is seen as a permanent mental illness and may have implications for employment. (31, 44) "

"Of those with non-heterosexual identities, Thai sexual / gender identities charted include: kathoey / saaw praphet song (TG) , gay (king, queen, quing) , bi, and chaay-rak-chaay ('man loving man'). (28)"

http://aidsdatahub.org/dmdocuments/MSM_Country_Snapshots_-_Thailand_online.pdf

This is a chronic social problem with no easy answer. Not LBs but LB thieves. Apparently the authorities think they are OK during LOW season though! blink.png

OK, there IS something Thai society can do for the long term but it would take decades to see the results. Enact strong anti-discrimination laws for employment so that young trans people will know they are welcome to pursue any and all professions. With careful and strict psychological screening, have the government pay for sex change procedures of young adults as many are attracted to crime to pay for these procedures. Most are limited to a very few professions these days due to social stigma, and some of these are very illegal. Also of course the government should change it's policy which prevents trans people from changing the sex on their ID cards. Yes these are liberal ideas. You've got better ideas?

But in the short term for existing thieves? Prison I suppose if you can catch them.

what a crock

Well I see nothing wrong with a round-up. Its' a good way to check for outstanding warrants, I have nothing against Ladyboys or anyone else.

As far as turning Pattaya into a family venue, hmmmmmm. I don't think so. IMO

But the "authorities" would LIKE Pattaya to become a family destination. Long may they be frustrated in their ambitions!

Pattaya/Beach Road . I am sorry but it is wishful thinking that Pattaya will ever become family friendly even to the most liberal.

There is simply far to much money being made catering to the exotic thrill seekers. I fail to perceive why any family would even want to subject themself to Pattaya. There are scores of family friendly resort in this country in which tourist can absorb both Thailand and it's culture. Pattaya is truly not reflective of Thailand in any shape or form. I can remember when Pattaya was simply a fishing village which became inundated with the American Navy on shore leave and the Army Rangers who were providing training for the Thai Military. The demand drove the developement of Pattaya to what it is today and it is not going to change.

It is what it is and the majority of incidents (not all) that befall farangs can be attributed to the visitors ineptitude in failing to realize that Sin City is in essence exactly that. It can be an experience of a lifetime, exotic,facinating and seductive but it is an inheriently dangerous place to be if you let your guard down and when you don't know what you don't know Regular visitors and those of use who live here know that but the majority of tourist do not have a clue.

Pattaya will never be a family orientated resort in this lifetime.

I certainly hope so.

Let the families "relocate" somewhere else, preferably far far away from Pattaya.

Pattaya was built on the bar girl's back, they deserve some respect, not banishment.

Pattaya/Beach Road . I am sorry but it is wishful thinking that Pattaya will ever become family friendly even to the most liberal.

There is simply far to much money being made catering to the exotic thrill seekers. I fail to perceive why any family would even want to subject themself to Pattaya. There are scores of family friendly resort in this country in which tourist can absorb both Thailand and it's culture. Pattaya is truly not reflective of Thailand in any shape or form. I can remember when Pattaya was simply a fishing village which became inundated with the American Navy on shore leave and the Army Rangers who were providing training for the Thai Military. The demand drove the developement of Pattaya to what it is today and it is not going to change.

It is what it is and the majority of incidents (not all) that befall farangs can be attributed to the visitors ineptitude in failing to realize that Sin City is in essence exactly that. It can be an experience of a lifetime, exotic,facinating and seductive but it is an inheriently dangerous place to be if you let your guard down and when you don't know what you don't know Regular visitors and those of use who live here know that but the majority of tourist do not have a clue.

Pattaya will never be a family orientated resort in this lifetime.

I certainly hope so.

Let the families "relocate" somewhere else, preferably far far away from Pattaya.

Pattaya was built on the bar girl's back, they deserve some respect, not banishment.

"Bar girls" being on their" back" sounds a good analogy

Perhaps they originate from your area, wherever that may be. You can have them back.laugh.png

The ironic thing is that most of these street transsexuals in Pattaya come from other areas where the expats live who complain about how bad Pattaya is.

They sure do, my gfs brother is one who the family says at one time owned or was some kind of manager of a bar in pattaya, (i,m guessing it was owned by the bf)

He comes from bkk in the area where i live but some years ago relocated to issan after a couple of years living in germany with a bf,

I really do try not to be transphobic but i struggle ,

Quote from the news item Pattaya Police rounded-up 40 transsexuals who were caught roaming the streets in and around the South Pattaya entertainment zone in the early hours of Saturday.

Hardly the time when families with kids should be roaming the streets.

If adult males want to be doing so, and many are probably doing so because they know what is on offer in the early hours of any morning there, Walking Street and Beach Road,, then dam jai khun... and sum nam na if they find themselves in trouble, They will more than likely have had a few drinks so their guard will be down and they will be prey for all sorts, not just the Ladyboys.

Edited by monspencer