Dating Women In Chiang Mai Is Not That Hard.....

LawrenceChee

My success rates with dating desirable women, of various nationalities, were a lot higher when I was in my late 30s than they are now, in my late 50s. Not only has the ladies interests towards me dwindled over the years, but also the price has gone up year by year. My pulling rate decreases and the price increases, the older I become.

I doubt if any younger guys, providing they`re not too weird or geeky, would have any problems dating desirable young ladies in Thailand, but as we get older, the choices and options regarding available women become much more limited and then how much you`re worth in assets becomes more interesting than you`re personality or how well you can chat up girls.

That`s the reality of the situation.

And, why shouldn't it be? I don't expect any younger woman to truly be interested in me, just for me. As in any relationship, there's a bargaining point. What's in it for me and what's in it for her? It was that way when I was 18, and only the playing chips were different.

Do I believe there is any sane (much younger) woman in the world who would be attracted to me for my sex appeal? No I don't. Do I think there are any who would be attracted so I would support her and her family? Absolutely. So we bargain.

As someone else already said, you don't have to give one the farm. They may ask for it but when they learn that all they get is this month if they are good to you, then they may stay for next month. If they walk, they walk with the few trinkets you gave them. If they are lucky there's a scooter. If they are very good and you're lucky, they stay for a very long time. If they are lucky you provide modest support for a long time. They live better than they ever have but if they leave, they can fit everything they have on that scooter.

Let's get real. Any older guy who thinks some cute young thing has eyes only for him forever is kidding himself and setting himself up for a fall.

JMO.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

man this is some site,this guy make a nice story about Thailand woman and still everyone want to tear him apartcheesy.gif

His wonderful story was about Professional women.

He didn't say it but I got the feeling he didn't think much of women who were not professionals.coffee1.gif

And just what is the oldest profession in the world? smile.png

Well I did think of that but I was trying to keep this discussion above that level. It in it's own rite could lead to some interesting conatations. For instance if you are married and your wife does not work and you are childless. There are those who would consider that a part of the world's oldest profession. My concerns are not with what is below the belt.

I do acknowledge that there are many here who have come here for that reason but I am trying to stay above the belt with my concerns.

Funny how the word dating "professional" woman means a pants suit monied person...professional means they have a job with a defined job description like bank teller, owner of a small curtain shop, admin support for an insurance ocmpany ? Well at least years of HR tells me that ...so must be a miscom Dolly.

In the UK, professional is restricted to members of a profession, which means being a member of an institute with a royal charter. Years of study, a degree, and an exam set by the appropriate institute at the very minimum.

In the US, it's sometimes applied to a hooker. smile.png

But is this case a opposite definition is being used - a "professional" is anyone who earns income by working in a job other than hooking.

I'm not western, my family name is Chee and that's Chinese ancestry from the south in Guangzhou.

I grew up in a western environment from an education & society point of view and was brought up by the family Asian style to respect our heritage and beilefs and spent my latter years in Singapore where it's a good balance of east / west. My current work spans Europe, USA and Asian continent.

Hello Dolly - I look forward to meeting you when I return in Jan so that you can see my upbringing does not allow me to belittle or put a class status with anyone. My grandad would have given me a hard knock on the head if he was still alive. In 2 of my postings, my personal stated preferences have been misunderstood as being unkind.

A meeting would clear that up quickly as one of my best friend is 65, rather close to you and like you he does not think much of material wealth. I have enough and dont think much of it as well. I can spend my time explaining on a forum but I rather meet you and let you decide. A 70 year old man in his years of experience would not refuse a gentleman's offer of geuine friendship and I promise if I do bring you to one of those hotel buffets, it would be on my tab.

Dating the woman up north is just charming and such a pleasant for me. I have dated various nationalities and just stating my preference that the woman here are special to me. I never go out to cheat or play games with these ladies or their families.

I agree with BeetleJuice that after 40s, you have to work hard to get into the charms of the woman. It's the same worldwide and the ladies up north want the same. However if you are sincere, have a sense of humor and have saved enough and is financially responsible, I believe there are better options here

Those who I have met and struck up a friendship knows I value that. The acquaintances who do not know me well...kkk that's always TV ...where we can get a good laugh

Enjoy your days...in Perth today ...wish I was back in CM.

When you return inbox me sounds fair to me.

My success rates with dating desirable women, of various nationalities, were a lot higher when I was in my late 30s than they are now, in my late 50s. Not only has the ladies interests towards me dwindled over the years, but also the price has gone up year by year. My pulling rate decreases and the price increases, the older I become.

I doubt if any younger guys, providing they`re not too weird or geeky, would have any problems dating desirable young ladies in Thailand, but as we get older, the choices and options regarding available women become much more limited and then how much you`re worth in assets becomes more interesting than you`re personality or how well you can chat up girls.

That`s the reality of the situation.

And, why shouldn't it be? I don't expect any younger woman to truly be interested in me, just for me. As in any relationship, there's a bargaining point. What's in it for me and what's in it for her? It was that way when I was 18, and only the playing chips were different.

Do I believe there is any sane (much younger) woman in the world who would be attracted to me for my sex appeal? No I don't. Do I think there are any who would be attracted so I would support her and her family? Absolutely. So we bargain.

As someone else already said, you don't have to give one the farm. They may ask for it but when they learn that all they get is this month if they are good to you, then they may stay for next month. If they walk, they walk with the few trinkets you gave them. If they are lucky there's a scooter. If they are very good and you're lucky, they stay for a very long time. If they are lucky you provide modest support for a long time. They live better than they ever have but if they leave, they can fit everything they have on that scooter.

Let's get real. Any older guy who thinks some cute young thing has eyes only for him forever is kidding himself and setting himself up for a fall.

JMO.

You`ve started my depression again.

I`ve just sent the wife to buy another supply of those green tablets from the Doctor.

crying.gif

• 6 months later...

Heya mates

Be back at the end of this month, hope to have more time to meet up with all ; the northern charm is indeed real and I'm back to start a family and life here..wish me luck ! Be here for more than the usual 2 mth stint.

• Like 1

Heya mates

Be back at the end of this month, hope to have more time to meet up with all ; the northern charm is indeed real and I'm back to start a family and life here..wish me luck ! Be here for more than the usual 2 mth stint.

Indeed I wish you all the best of luck with your new family but hope you will lose the rose coloured glasses and realize that women here are no different than anywhere else in Thailand and for that matter, any where else in the world! Seriously, enjoy yourself, and again, the best of luck to you.

• Like 2

Heya mates

Gkung Hei! Congratulations. Seems you've found your mate. Seems to me, from reading some your posts, that you have the right attitude to make things work. No doubt your mate is equally open and accommodating.

T

I'm not western, my family name is Chee and that's Chinese ancestry from the south in Guangzhou.

I agree with BeetleJuice that after 40s, you have to work hard to get into the charms of the woman. It's the same worldwide and the ladies up north want the same. However if you are sincere, have a sense of humor and have saved enough and is financially responsible, I believe there are better options here

Yet another

"I'm a 50+ foreigner but get to date 30+ Thai ladies (who aren't/were never hookers) because I am a (pick any one) hansum man/sense of humour/charming/sincere."

Just how many posters do we see boasting of this, are men really so self-deluded?

Do they expect us to believe them?

Just try playing your game without appearing to have any money, and see how far you get.

They don't care about your ethnic background, age, size, virility, or anything else.

They just want your money!

Forget women Mr. Chee, you are too old to play (as am I).

You can have a very nice life as a single man, and much more of your money to spend on yourself.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Yet another

"I'm a 50+ foreigner but get to date 30+ Thai ladies (who aren't/were never hookers) because I am a (pick any one) hansum man/sense of humour/charming/sincere."

Just how many posters do we see boasting of this, are men really so self-deluded?

Do they expect up to believe them?

Just try playing your game without appearing to have any money, and see how far you get.

They don't care about your ethnic background, age, size, virility, or anything else.

Forget women Mr. Chee, you are too old to play (as am I).

You can have a very nice life as a single man, and much more of your money to spend on yourself.

Maybe he wants a family? What's wrong with that. You sound somewhat selfish. Don't have kids.

That unfortunately came rather natural to me.

It's now 13 years and two kids later, that's a reasonable distance so far I think.

:rolleyes:

[ grabs drink, moves over a couple bar stools ]

That unfortunately came rather natural to me.

It's now 13 years and two kids later, that's a reasonable distance so far I think.

/>

>They don't care about your ethnic background, age, size, virility, or anything else.

rolleyes.gif

So 13 years ago you were 50+ and she was 30+ (a twenty year age gap).

Your point in deliberately altering the context of my post was?

You did understand my post was about old men dating with much younger women?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

:rolleyes:

Hey, hey, back off a bit, Winnie, you're sitting too close to me now; people are gonna think we're boyfriends!

T

• Like 2

Thanks Thakkar (wow in cantonese...now that is impressive !) for the well wishes mate

Sorry Mr USA :-) I'm in late 30s and she just turned 30...sorry we dont have the 20 year gap you are looking for to qualify it as sure deadend...we are giving it a best shot as positive people would and I hope 20 years later I'm still happier !

Let a man say he can live without a woman or a partner...I think eventually we all want someone to walk us till the end...

business deals I would consider all risks...relationships are too emotional to gauge it like that...looks like there will be more restuarant postings soon...she loves to eat like i do !

Thanks Thakkar (wow in cantonese...now that is impressive !) for the well wishes mate

Sorry Mr USA :-) I'm in late 30s and she just turned 30...sorry we dont have the 20 year gap you are looking for to qualify it as sure deadend...we are giving it a best shot as positive people would and I hope 20 years later I'm still happier !

Let a man say he can live without a woman or a partner...I think eventually we all want someone to walk us till the end...

business deals I would consider all risks...relationships are too emotional to gauge it like that...looks like there will be more restuarant postings soon...she loves to eat like i do !

It's good to have a girlfriend. It tends to get complicated when you marry them, lol. Once you get to be sixty or seventy and your wife is the same age, that sometimes can be a problem too. That is why so many older guys trade their wives in for much younger Thai women. Chiang Mai, is like the worlds trade in center for overweight American and Canadian women. sad.png

It's good to have a girlfriend. It tends to get complicated when you marry them, lol. Once you get to be sixty or seventy and your wife is the same age, that sometimes can be a problem too. That is why so many older guys trade their wives in for much younger Thai women. Chiang Mai, is like the worlds trade in center for overweight American and Canadian women. sad.png

interesting post.

chiangmai is also a city for retirement for older couple, i think.

Edited by eden8
  • Like 1

It's good to have a girlfriend. It tends to get complicated when you marry them, lol. Once you get to be sixty or seventy and your wife is the same age, that sometimes can be a problem too. That is why so many older guys trade their wives in for much younger Thai women. Chiang Mai, is like the worlds trade in center for overweight American and Canadian women. :(

It's also where Thai women trade in their youth for material comforts and life with a wrinkly-assed old dude, so, win-win?

T

It's also where Thai women trade in their youth for material comforts and life with a wrinkly-assed old dude, so, win-win?

T

I can't argue that one. smile.png

About a week ago, my wife pissed me up so much that I drove mysef up to Chiang Rai. I turned off my phone for a day and night. During that interim, I met a middle-age woman who works in her coursin's hotel. We went out for lunch at the Boon Rawd Farm and a nice restaurant by the river. She's someone nice to talk with and makes heads turn when we go out. For a few days now, we exchange SMS for she wants to do some business apart from her boring job. For me, I'm a soft-heart. My wife could never bear me knowing another woman even on business. I'm at a dilemma if I should continue communicating with her behind my wife's back. She actually just went up to CR from CM 5 months ago and her parents own a 5 rai farm plot in San Patong where they live happily.

• Like 1

About a week ago, my wife pissed me up so much that I drove mysef up to Chiang Rai. I turned off my phone for a day and night. During that interim, I met a middle-age woman who works in her coursin's hotel. We went out for lunch at the Boon Rawd Farm and a nice restaurant by the river. She's someone nice to talk with and makes heads turn when we go out. For a few days now, we exchange SMS for she wants to do some business apart from her boring job. For me, I'm a soft-heart. My wife could never bear me knowing another woman even on business. I'm at a dilemma if I should continue communicating with her behind my wife's back. She actually just went up to CR from CM 5 months ago and her parents own a 5 rai farm plot in San Patong where they live happily.

No: don't continue communicating with her behind your wife's back. Do it in the open! Will also send a message, and she gets to work through any jealousy issues. Win-win.

Next time though, drive or fly the other way. You're much less likely to fall in love in Pattaya. It's like when getting bored with Thai food; don't visit a fancy restaurant with nice wine, visit McDonald's and get burger & shake. Serves the same purpose, but much easier to go back.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Dating women anywhere is surely not difficult, only in terms of choice and quality is it possibly hard. But that will be down to what you have to offer someone. If you are seeking someone of quality but look and smell like you just came out of a manhole, have zero finances in order, and zero charm, chances are you are deluding yourself.

Have seen your list on the net before FolkGuitar..here are a few original responses, in reply to them.

Mr. Chee has his methods and they seem to work for him.
When I met my wife I gave her a list of "Men Stuff" that she was required to adhere to if we were to have a good relationship. We've been together for the past 18 years so I guess it works... for us. Your mileage might vary. Here are the list of things she needed to know;

1. Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down. Fecal matter becomes airborn when you flush the toilet, and odors and bacteria is always in the toilet..so, Its actually better for you, and everyone, if the toilet lid is down at all times.

2. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not considered by us to be opportunities to see if we can find the perfect present again!
If you are a lazy ass partner, and your gf or wife runs around doing most of the work, then this is your chance to ensure that you keep it that way. If not, she may just hang up her apon strings and caring attitude..or keep doing it, but with a grudge building, which wont bode well for your relationship. A sweet attitude and steamy sex will become pofuntuary chores. Seriously, some minut effort on your part on "special" occasions, actually benefits YOU in the end.

3. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
And sometimes we wish we DIDNT think of you. For then our lives would be easeir. Instead we are ladeled with the jobs of cleaning up after you, doing your laundry, getting in the household things, cooking..etc, etc. Yes, would be so much easier if we were just as self-centred too, but then, nothing would get done.

4. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
Great. Just dont expect us to hover and make you a sandwich or something. We will be out having fun.

5. Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.
By all means tells us your preferences, but dont act like we are your property.

6. Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
For heavens sake, use a bit of brain power at times. Some things should be obvious. If we take the time to have a nice meal for you, for example, then surely doing somethign nice for us doesnt always need to be asked. Just bring your woman a slice of cake or whatever else she likes from time to time to show you appreciate her. Register when she points out something that she really likes in a shop window a few days before her birthday. Is that really so hard?

7. We don't remember dates. . . .Period!!
Talking of "period", if you dont remember dates, then you might wonder why your gf or wife is pissed at you. If she gets pms, then noting when it usually comes on means you can be a bit more cautious or get the hell out of her way. As for other dates, remembering them will get you major brownie points which will last ongoing. Really, a bit of effort turns you into her prince. Why wouldnt you want to have her look at you in that way?

8. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
Because then you get to enjoy them being removed with the dress in a very appreciatevely sexy way later on. Its not rocket science!

9. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
If you want her to think you are a <deleted> and start turning towards the nice man down the road who takes time to talk with her.

10. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
I'll be buying you a caveman club for your birthday..before running off with the nice man down the road

11. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. Take a shower.

12. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

Fair enough. Who wants to drag up old shit anyway?

13. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

If you dont act like soap opera guys, dont expect us to dress up like victoria secret girls

14. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We've been tricked before!!

If we suggest you cut down your calories, and join a gym, realise that you may not be quite as "handsum" as you think..

15. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Ok..i get this one. lol thumbsup.gif

16. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.
Just make sure you arent a hypocrite about it, when we do the same...or when guys look at us.

17. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
Agree! Same both ways!

18. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
LOL.thumbsup.gif

19. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
Um...fair enough, but being to proud to ask directions when we are lost for 40 minutes is pathetic.

20. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it.
Of course it wont, but does that mean no effort is involved? If you start sitting on the couch bleching and turning into a lazy lard ass, then we will look elsewhere. If you dont want us to turn into fat frumps, then make some bloody effort too.

21. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
thumbsup.gif

22. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
lol ok thumbsup.gif

23. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
thumbsup.gif

24. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
laugh.png

25. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
:(well...true enough...but maybe put it delicately?

26. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
laugh.png

27. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what they're saying anyway.)
laugh.png

28. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
About as stereotypical as one can get!

29. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know, it's like camping.
...if you follow all these steps though, chances are you will be on the couch permanantly, or wont have a patner on the bed waiting for you anymore!

Dating women anywhere is surely not difficult, only in terms of choice and quality is it possibly hard. But that will be down to what you have to offer someone. If you are seeking someone of quality but look and smell like you just came out of a manhole, have zero finances in order, and zero charm, chances are you are deluding yourself.

Have seen your list on the net before FolkGuitar..here are a few original responses, in reply to them.

Well... actually... this list was put up as humor. It really didn't require responses. But it's interesting to see how you think, so thanks for sharing. But just one thing... You forgot to bring in the beer and chips when you came. We asked you for them almost 20 minutes ago!