Dating Women In Chiang Mai Is Not That Hard.....

LawrenceChee

On 10/28/2012 at 2:51 PM, mamborobert said:

Never a truer word spoken.

It took wifey two years to actually believe that I really did not care if she went out for a few hours to visit friends/shop/dentist appointment etc and that I would still be home when she came back, and that her going out was not going to automatically mean that I would be out the door looking for wifey mark 2.

For a while I thought I had two shadows.

In that two years she pressed me for a house (grand sum of 600 000 baht by the way) in San Kampeng. I am not sure of this was low expectations of my net worth or a desire to certainly have "something" to fall back on when I perhaps left her for god knows what (top of my list would probably be a well done steak dianne and a good Margaret River Cab Sav).

Not getting into the "all Thai husbands are bad" argument at all. I know some terrific marriages and some duds...and the Farang/Thai relationships to my mind are no different (an perhaps reflect on a concurrent post concerning the lack of planning/funds some have when moving to CM) .

Certainly makes you think what is the cause of this uncertainty. I am leaning towards this lack of confidence reflects their observations/experiences of husbands in general (in Thailand), the lower standing of woman across all social levels, and the changing nature of Thai society, in particular smaller family sizes with aspirational children coupled with rising costs and increased life expectancy, where children can no longer be relied upon to be a defacto retirement fund.

I will vote for your comments on most of the above, except the well done Steak Dianne what a waste of a good steak unless of course ( god forbid) you are using local beef, prefer no more than medium.

Would be happy with the wine or a decent red from virtually anywhere in Aus.