Just To Say Hello

hca

OK, ok but I still don't like being looked at as though I just dropped out of a dog's behind when I indicate acknowledgement of the fact that the Farang is in fact alive.

I lived in a village where people would be most disturbed if you didn't answer their 'Good Morning'. I even had a guy on a tractor drive back and ask what was wrong. I still feel a bit confused about the way Farangs react in Thailand. I go to town once a week, see a Farang, say hello - he takes it as an insult or a threat to rape him or sell him land in a swamp somewhere. I really must get an 'avoid eye contact at all costs' T-shirt made. My 'I don't like plastic' T-shirt doesn't seem to work in BigC.

Sorry, rambling on a bit here...

You should know that in Chiang Rai forum we not only have moderators to keep the forum nice and tidy, we also have

a local "Forum Policeman" that helps you by telling you how to write, how not to write and when to write!

So welcome to the nice, and shall we say, "Family Friendly" Chiang Rai Forum and welcome to Chiang Rai!

smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.png

• Like 2

Just as a friendly reminder, it is also considered polite and friendly to followup once you have started a topic. Ones responsibility does not stop after the first post and some OPs have been stewarding threads for multiple years.

I think we scared him off with our traditional TV welcome. Sorry about that.

You should know that in Chiang Rai forum we not only have moderators to keep the forum nice and tidy, we also have

a local "Forum Policeman" that helps you by telling you how to write, how not to write and when to write!

So welcome to the nice, and shall we say, "Family Friendly" Chiang Rai Forum and welcome to Chiang Rai!

smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.png

Not sure where you get your silly notions from but you certainly hold to them stubbornly regardless of evidence to the contrary. You and one other poster are the only ones being annoying and telling people what they can and cannot do these days. Try taking a look in the mirror for a change or maybe you were referring to yourself to begin with.tongue.pnglaugh.pngwhistling.gif Edited by villagefarang

Do you think you could try one simple post without the digs and snide remarks? It really isn't all that difficult. Try the following next time.

Kebab in Chiang Rai !

Yes, you can find it in Night Bazaar with the Yellow tables.

They have 5 different tastes and all based on chicken.

It cost 50 baht and the ones I tried were really nice!

It is nice to get a bite that reminds of old times, going home in the middle of the night, drunk.gif

stopping at a Donner Kebab place, to get a spicy, sauce dripping Kebab that always tasted more!

Just as a friendly reminder, it is also considered polite and friendly to followup once you have started a topic. Ones responsibility does not stop after the first post and some OPs have been stewarding threads for multiple years.

whistling.gifcrazy.gifviolin.gif

I think we scared him off with our traditional TV welcome. Sorry about that.

Most of us have been quite nice. I’m sure he will be back eventually. It sometimes takes a while to get addicted to forum life, is all.
  • Like 1

And clearly saying welcome is too much for some.whistling.gif The only reason for some people to write, seems to be to comment on me. Talk about thought police.laugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

You do it your way and I will do it mine. It is really that simple.coffee1.gif

Edited by villagefarang

And clearly saying welcome is too much for some.whistling.gif The only reason for some people to write, seems to be to comment on me. Talk about thought police.laugh.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

The only reason for some people to write, seems to be to comment on me>

We need to coment on your post in here,as you are all over the place.

"The only reason for some people to write, seems to be to comment on me"

We need to comment on your post in here,as you are all over the place.

Thank you for noticing and once again focusing on me rather than the OP.clap2.gifbiggrin.png

Incase you hadn’t noticed, it is scea’s face that is all over the forum these days, not mine. Also a good assortment of newcomers are breathing a breath of fresh air into this forum and they are quite a welcome change.smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by villagefarang

The unfolding of this thread, even without the return of the OP, serves as an excellent introduction to the usual characters who inhabit this realm. There are the helpful, polite and knowledgeable members. There are the cynics and jokesters, sometimes one in the same.

There are the whiners and whingers. There are the officious and technical types. There are the chatty and social types in contrast to the sometimes painfully shy types. Then there are those who can’t be bothered to post anything constructive, except to complain that I do. All in all, this is a very good introduction to the players on this forum. Just sayin...biggrin.png

(Sorry about that Mcgriffith, you snuck in there just before me.)wai.gif

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1