Just To Say Hello

hca

Hi,

Have only just signed in and found all these replies, i thought i would get an email or something to tell me?

Thank you for welcoming me to Chiang Rai :-) Living just out of the city. I am a 26 year old female living here with my boyfriend.

Really enjoying it so far, its just a little tricky to find really basic things. Buying things like bedsheets and kitchen knifes take ages. Drawn a lot of bad diagrams and sketches to try and cross the language barrier!

Trying to arrange Yoga lessons, we have been quoted 3000 baht each for 20 hour and a half lessons, does anyone know whether this seems like a reasonable price?

Apart from farangs not smiling or nodding, whats it like living in Chiang Rai for a long period of time?

hca

Hi,

Have only just signed in and found all these replies, i thought i would get an email or something to tell me?

Thank you for welcoming me to Chiang Rai :-) Living just out of the city. I am a 26 year old female living here with my boyfriend.

Really enjoying it so far, its just a little tricky to find really basic things. Buying things like bedsheets and kitchen knifes take ages. Drawn a lot of bad diagrams and sketches to try and cross the language barrier!

Trying to arrange Yoga lessons, we have been quoted 3000 baht each for 20 hour and a half lessons, does anyone know whether this seems like a reasonable price?

Apart from farangs not smiling or nodding, whats it like living in Chiang Rai for a long period of time?

hca

Welcome to CR, hca!

A little off topic from your questions, but regarding the notifications of postings-

Go to your profile (top right corner, your user name).

Select from the drop down menu "settings".

On the left of this page will be "notification options".

You can set it up for email, push mail on a mobile, etc. by ticking the appropriate boxes.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm referring to.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome!

post-23786-0-44236500-1351744616_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi,

hca

You might check your personal messages next time you are online. I suggested someone you might like to meet, if you haven’t already.smile.png

Hca, mcgriffith has guided you how to receive notifications when replies are made in any topic in which you have posted or which you have started, depending on the selection you make in your settings. If in addition you wish to receive such notification also for a topic in which you have not posted, simply click on the button "Follow this topic" near the top right of the screen, make your selection in the pop-up window, and you will receive notification in the manner you have selected in your settings.

And welcome to ThaiVisa.

welcomeani.gif

Hca, our forum's messaging system has been mentioned and in case you haven't discovered it yet on your own just click on the envelope icon near the top right of the screen.

post-21260-0-11206700-1351798174_thumb.g

An alternative is to click on your member name, then on "Personal Messenger"

Of course, unless it is something confidential you want to communicate to a member you do not reply to his post by sending him a personal message (PM) but instead post your reply in the topic for all to see.