I need some mother! I have two five-liter boxes, one of Montclair red, and one of Monclair white, that are almost full and I won't be drinking anymore of it. So I'd like to make wine vinegar. I live in Nakhon Si Thammarhat. Anywhere I can get some mother to start the process? Anyone have some they'd like to sell a bit of and send to me EMS?

I realize that Montclair has a good dash of sulfites, and that this might inhibit the process (so I've read), but seems a shame to waste the wine, and nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Probably too late now, but I have found some decent Organic Apple Cider Vinegar in a few supermarkets such as Rimping and Tops. I dont remember the brand name but it says Organic on the bottle, and you can see the mother settled at the bottom. I have grown some cider from it, so I know it is active. Hope that helps.

The one I bought in Foodland Pattaya was called

Healthy Mate raw-unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with mother of vinegar in it at the bottom.

The cost was 369 baht for 965 ml.

One teaspoonful of that, one of honey and some room temperature water twice a day is great if you have arthritis.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Healthy Mate raw-unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with mother of vinegar in it at the bottom.

One teaspoonful of that, one of honey and some room temperature water twice a day is great if you have arthritis.

Might give that a try, my joints are killing me since the motor cycle wreak. Spicy foods like turmeric and peppers help too.

Might give that a try, my joints are killing me since the motor cycle wreak. Spicy foods like turmeric and peppers help too.

It worked for me since I started taking it in December 2012.