Newcastle United

fcgprg

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always admired Steven Taylor and like him even more since he admitted that his boyhood hero was Gunner Tony Adams. Several class players like Krul, Colocinni, Ba and (particularly) Ben Arfa

Can't understand why you would even find shelf space for that waste-of-space Obertan. Dunno why he gets my goat but I just want to smash his gormless face in (though in practice I was always the boy in glasses pleading don't hit me, don't hit me - which was the normal position I assumed in the 60's at Newcastle Central Station when my team Carlisle United snatched a shock 1-0 FA Cup win).

Love the derbys - better than Liverpool v Everton, who now have a sneaking (and understandable) post-Hillsborough liking for each other. In Geordieland it's the real thing - pure hatredlaugh.png.

We need a Geordie perspective on here - keep up the thread

In answer to question one, yes.

As for question two, the present team is well worthy of its current league position and should finish higher if they play to their full potential. Still hate them mind.

Thanks for that ,the problem i see is that we are relying on Ba and cisse to much for the goals when they are not scoring we suffer . same here no love lost between the two teams,i would rather beat Sunderland than any of the top four any time .

I have always admired Steven Taylor and like him even more since he admitted that his boyhood hero was Gunner Tony Adams. Several class players like Krul, Colocinni, Ba and (particularly) Ben Arfa

Can't understand why you would even find shelf space for that waste-of-space Obertan. Dunno why he gets my goat but I just want to smash his gormless face in (though in practice I was always the boy in glasses pleading don't hit me, don't hit me - which was the normal position I assumed in the 60's at Newcastle Central Station when my team Carlisle United snatched a shock 1-0 FA Cup win).

Love the derbys - better than Liverpool v Everton, who now have a sneaking (and understandable) post-Hillsborough liking for each other. In Geordieland it's the real thing - pure hatredlaugh.png.

We need a Geordie perspective on here - keep up the thread

Stephen Taylor is a good player not a bad hero to have in Tony Adams a good player to model yourself on.

I also likeTiote and Cabaya they are both good assets to the team Jonas Gutteriez is also a very hard working player .

Obertan as done well when he as come on as a sub but i know what you mean regarding how he looks.

The derbys with Sun land are the two most important games of the season to most fans.

Theres a great atmosphere up at St James but i can't understand what anyone says.

Newcastle have some very good players but i think its fair to say Pardew has surprised a lot of us in how good a job he's done.

Have they changed the name back? - Hope so, hated that Sports Direct name......St James Park is legend.

Theres a great atmosphere up at St James but i can't understand what anyone says.

Newcastle have some very good players but i think its fair to say Pardew has surprised a lot of us in how good a job he's done.

its a great atmosphere , ha ha yes that is a problem .

I think also Mike Ashley is doing a good job as owner after a very rocky start . Alan Pardew is a good manager but when he was appointed i was one of the doubters but full marks to him .

I remember Singhy being hugely scathing of Pardew's prospects and that I wagered that Newcastle would finish above Sunderland. I lost the battle (think Sunderlando squeaked over them in the end 2 seasons ago) but won the war! PFA's (or somebody's) Manager of the Season last year I think?

Needs to divert his aggression into inanimate objects like water bottles though.

Have they changed the name back? - Hope so, hated that Sports Direct name......St James Park is legend.

It will be changed back to St james park next season,when new sponsors Wonga start their sponsorship of the club.

I think it is mainly to keep the fans happy ,wonga are a short term loan company who lend small amounts of money with high interest rates.It has caused a bit of controversy in the Newcastle area.So i think the desicion to re name the stadium was to deflect attention from the sponsors.

It will be changed back to St james park next season,when new sponsors Wonga start their sponsorship of the club.

I think it is mainly to keep the fans happy ,wonga are a short term loan company who lend small amounts of money with high interest rates.It has caused a bit of controversy in the Newcastle area.So i think the desicion to re name the stadium was to deflect attention from the sponsors.

"wonga are a short term loan company" biggrin.png You actually mean loan sharks and goes well with Ashleys business doesn't it!

A new name for the ground could be .......Wor Wonga Wonderland or Willy Wonga Arena

This is funny ......why aye man!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9598023/Newcastle-Uniteds-Muslim-players-told-wearing-Wonga-sponsored-shirts-infringes-Sharia-law.html

"wonga are a short term loan company" biggrin.png You actually mean loan sharks and goes well with Ashleys business doesn't it!

A new name for the ground could be .......Wor Wonga Wonderland or Willy Wonga Arena

This is funny ......why aye man!

http://www.telegraph...Sharia-law.html

That was the politically correct name i put to it ,i like your response most geordies think the same as you mate

I remember Singhy being hugely scathing of Pardew's prospects and that I wagered that Newcastle would finish above Sunderland. I lost the battle (think Sunderlando squeaked over them in the end 2 seasons ago) but won the war! PFA's (or somebody's) Manager of the Season last year I think?

Needs to divert his aggression into inanimate objects like water bottles though.

Pardew won the LMA manager of the season award last season also the PLM of the season the first English manager to do it. In september this year he signed a 8.5 year extension to his contract at newcastle but that does not mean he will stay that long we will see.

I dont think that companies like Wonga should be allowed to sponsor any type of club sponsorship .In a time recession a company like this gets the most affected people of society to get short term small loans at extremely high interest payments

I am surprised that there are not many geordie's that participate on this football thread as they seem to be very passionate about there team when i have been out and about here in Thailand.

Always good for the banter and a beer too smile.png anyway lets hope this thread keeps going unlike the others in years gone by especially as they do have some very decent players.....at the moment!wink.png

When i have been there in the past i always think of viz and vertigo biggrin.png

I am surprised that there are not many geordie's that participate on this football thread as they seem to be very passionate about there team when i have been out and about here in Thailand.

Always good for the banter and a beer too smile.png anyway lets hope this thread keeps going unlike the others in years gone by especially as they do have some very decent players.....at the moment!wink.png

When i have been there in the past i always think of viz and vertigo biggrin.png

Yes I'll imagine you and nev tottering along the road in yer Man Yoo shirts and high heels....a greasy bag of chips in each hand and leering at all who are unfortunate to cross yer path.

Yeah I love Viz! laugh.png

They're not computerized up there yet

i do like the fact that sunderland's leading goalscorer for the month of october was demba ba.

Thats a good statistic but i would be a lot happier if he had been our top scorer for the month . Maybe a couple of extra points for the month then.

Alan pardew thinks that we are capable of a top four finish this season .at the moment i think that is a to much for us to expect on currant form.ba and Cisse need to start scoring more for us to have a chance of that.

Alan pardew thinks that we are capable of a top four finish this season .at the moment i think that is a to much for us to expect on currant form.ba and Cisse need to start scoring more for us to have a chance of that.

Realistically i'd have thought 6/7th

Realistically i'd have thought 6/7th

I think that is about right at the moment .

A good point earned at Liverpool .A little bit lucky in the end liverpool were the better team over the 90 minutes but a good result for us .

It might have helped against West ham if they could give 4,000% ,but 100% would have done . I think AP could do with a few lessons about %

Archived